1 reply to this topic

#1 Sênstaku

Sênstaku

Kobold

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:46 AM

So, since there's an Uncle Hal wanting me to post on the forums, I figured I'll start a new thread and try to get my post count up.

Custom Modules! Let's talk about 'em! I'll start;

My younger brother and I are currently writing a module guide for a Bloodborne setting for 5th Ed D&D. It's an extremely low magic setting with limited class and race selection and cranked up difficulty, though we're wondering if we shouldn't just make it a general Souls module and let people decide if they want Dark Souls, Demons Souls, or Bloodborne settings. 

It's still early in the development process; My younger brother wants to be a game designer so we're using this as a learning tool for him.

How about the rest of you? Any exciting custom modules? Or even just interesting campaign settings?

#2 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

I think the one that I helmed that I found most personally interesting was when I got it into my head that 4th edition DnD would be the perfect shell for an anime-inspired mech combat system. I had piles of notes detailing the different mechanics that fighting in/around giant robotic suits would bring, minion rules for unsuited pilots, and a bunch of worldbuilding. What I didn't have were players who were nearly as enthusiastic as I was.

Other than that I typically don't build modules for my group, although i put enough effort into my first custom Call of Cthulhu adventure that I probably could.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge