• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to make the maps enlarged to a poster size, and be able to print at home. I like the idea of buying a poster frame and coloring dry erarse on it and then only revealing little by little, but with adobe it seems like I can't enlarge the image to print out on multiple pages of letter. Does anyone know how this can be done?

#2 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

I cant help, but im sure someone on here wil be able to...ill ask Hal when he gets home from work (tomorrow morning)

:)

#3 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:39 PM

Depending on the application you are using, your mileage may differ.

I have region D map in a PDF with a paper size of 22.5 x 17.5 inches. This is a standard US poster size (approximately)

If I open it in Acrobat Professional and select File->Print the dialog for the printing options opens.

On this dialog there in the Page Handling section set Page Scalng to eihter Tile Large Pages or Tile All pages. Set Tile Scale to 100% and overlap at 0 inches (Unless you want some overlap for pasting ease. Also I would suggest setting Cur Marks to None, unless you want the guidlines to help.

I think the same printing options are available in Acrobat Reader.

Hope this helps

#4 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

Depending on the application you are using, your mileage may differ.

I have region D map in a PDF with a paper size of 22.5 x 17.5 inches. This is a standard US poster size (approximately)

If I open it in Acrobat Professional and select File->Print the dialog for the printing options opens.

On this dialog there in the Page Handling section set Page Scalng to eihter Tile Large Pages or Tile All pages. Set Tile Scale to 100% and overlap at 0 inches (Unless you want some overlap for pasting ease. Also I would suggest setting Cur Marks to None, unless you want the guidlines to help.

I think the same printing options are available in Acrobat Reader.

Hope this helps

I am using Adobe and dont see an option to set tile Large pages or Tile all pages. I dowloaded Crimson's is that not poster size? Maybe that's the issue. Or maybe that I'm using a free version of Adobe.

#5 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

I am using Adobe and dont see an option to set tile Large pages or Tile all pages. I dowloaded Crimson's is that not poster size? Maybe that's the issue. Or maybe that I'm using a free version of Adobe.

Not sure about the size of Crimson's files, I'll have to check them out. I send you a screenshot of my print settings dialog to your email addy.

#6 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

That shot would've been helpful, but I have none of those option. I'm thinking because I'm using Crimson's maps. Where do you get you poster size maps?

#7 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:38 PM

That shot would've been helpful, but I have none of those option. I'm thinking because I'm using Crimson's maps. Where do you get you poster size maps?

To be honest, I cannot remember. Some I downloaded from AEG directly and one or two I captured directly from scanning the original maps and converted to PDF. I also grabbed a few other versions from around the net, but I forgot to note my sources on this.

I can forward you the maps I have in a larger size format if you like.

#8 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

That would be great if you can email em to me. I'm really looking forward to running this, but I always have problems with maps when DM'ing. Now I think I solved my map problem if I can just print them out properly sized.

#9 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:42 PM

I think that I will just have to take snapshots through adobe of sections of the map, put it on the clipboard (which it automatically does), and print the image on the clipboard. It would have been simpler if I could print the large map on multiple sheets of letter paper through some easier option. But it seems the Adobe Viewer that I have won't let me print it in tiles.

#10 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:01 AM

What version reader are you using? 7.07 can print multiple pages per image...

#11 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:50 AM

Version 7.0.8

#12 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

If you like, I can print the maps I have, posterized back through distiller to PDF files...

#13 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

I don't know if that will help. I think my Adobe reader just hates me. I even tried re-instaling it, and I still don't have the tile options. I'll just use the snapshot clipboard, or see how much Kinko's charges. Thanx for all your help though.

#14 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

I don't know if that will help. I think my Adobe reader just hates me. I even tried re-instaling it, and I still don't have the tile options. I'll just use the snapshot clipboard, or see how much Kinko's charges. Thanx for all your help though.

I'm sending a new PDF to your email. Tell me if that is close to what you want?

#15 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:59 AM

Ok that is pretty much what I'm looking for, but without secret doors. I would be able to use the originals maps, but the list the secret doors. Is there any way to take crimson's maps and section them like that? If there is how did you do it?

#16 Scorpion-Red

Scorpion-Red

Toad

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:49 AM

Got it to work. Apparently I couldn't just do it with Adobe Reader, so I downloaded the trial version of Adobe Acrobat. Now I just need to print all the maps in 30 days (when my trial runs out) . Hopefully I can get Maps L-O without the secret doors by then. Thanx for everyones help.

#17 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

Is there any way to take crimson's maps and section them like that? If there is how did you do it?

Let me grab a copy of Crimson's maps and take a look.

#18 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

You bastard fuck off to the forum of shame. :evil: This comment is retracted now that the advertisement has been deleted. :D

#19 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

I've sent a message to Hal via msn.

#20 woojitsu

woojitsu

Ghoul

• Members