#41 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

tumblr_o1kp31Z1mY1tv4rl5o1_500.jpg

Woah!

Wizards has made the original D&D 0e PDFs available on DriveThruRPG! A one shot on Roll20 may be in order in the near future.

Remember to use the site links so Hal can get the referral bonus, when you go shopping on DriveThruRPG. :)

The Explorers recorded a session of classic WFRP a few weeks ago, which I have yet to get around to editing.

Hey @Tulty, did you ever find the time to edit this session... or was it just an April Fools' Day tease? :)

#42 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

Playing at the World Episode #1: Original D&D

Jon Peterson visits with Bill Meinhardt to explore the original boxed set editions of Dungeons & Dragons sold by TSR in the mid-1970s. This video explains how Dungeons & Dragons first went to market and identifies the differences between early printings of the game.

• I couldn’t stop watching once I started! Good stuff!!
Jon Peterson of Playing at the World begins a new video series by explaining how “white box D&D” began as “brown box”, and how every known copy apparently wound up in one collector’s living room. Recommended.

TheDrunkDM: I’ve been watching Adam Koebel run Keep on the Borderlands for Roll20 - and now I’m seriously jonesing to play some Basic D&D. Seeing it played is finally making some of the fundamental differences of OSR gaming click, and I’m really looking forward to giving it a go. I think it’s time to finally pull the trigger on Labyrinth Lord!

OldSchoolFRP: I watched the first 3 episodes that introduce Moldvay’s Basic D&D rules, explain how Roll20 works, and walk the players through character creation, and I’m going to stick with it for the adventure. (Obviously spoiler alert for module B2, but come on, it’s been 36 years. Play the thing already.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge