#21 Sênstaku

Sênstaku

Kobold

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Ah, another LRR fan! 

I actually tend to limit lovecraftian horror to segments of a larger campaign when I GM, as does my regular GM. It's always fun to sprinkle it here and there, making things that aren't necessarily supposed to be a physical threat but rather a mental task. For instance, one such scenario I did in a Shadowrun campaign, I had my players walking through a sterile research facility that swiftly descended into a horror story. By the time they were ready to leave, their progress was blocked by a series of flesh-drones - Living creatures that had been Frankenstein'd together via cybertech and blood magic rituals. They were obviously not designed for combat - one, for example, had the head of an infant, the lower torso of a woman, and the upper torso of a troll with the right arm of an elf and the left arm of a dwarf.

The players weren't threatened physically by them, but they had to kill them to get out of the building. They went down easily enough, but I likened the noise they made to an ambient sound a kitchen appliance was making, thereby making one of my friends unable to enter her kitchen for a few months after. It was good times.

#22 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:53 AM

Living creatures that had been Frankenstein'd together via cybertech and blood magic rituals. They were obviously not designed for combat - one, for example, had the head of an infant, the lower torso of a woman, and the upper torso of a troll with the right arm of an elf and the left arm of a dwarf.

Yes, but how big are their dandas? ;)

tumblr_lrqbxku7uO1qjcb4uo1_1280.png

By the way: if that kind of thing is your jam, you may want to check out the YGGernauts' Ptolus campaign on the site, particularly episode 9 - they've got some neat Frankenstein animal monsters, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge