#21 neongrey

neongrey

Kobold

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanadia

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:29 AM

Ooh, squeeeeeal.

Something to encourage me to get to work, despite me being shifted from evenings to days as of this coming Monday. :(

Looking forward to this.

#22 tomlib

tomlib

Goblin

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:28 AM

I'm downloading it now Hal.

I was really pleased to read your announcement. The parts of WLD I enjoyed the most were when you voiced an NPC and the characters got to role-play. So I'm really looking forward to an adventure that allows much more of that sort of interplay. You are a great GM for that sort of game and I'm sure Banewarren will be fantastic.

Keep up the great work,

Tom

#23 Kishel

Kishel

Raven

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUrbana, Illinois

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:18 AM

Id really appreciate some feedback on how im playing the character, as i am finding it slighly more challenging...do i manage Magic user ok or should i have stuck to the rogue?
Lindsay

I think that the character is very fun and interesting all around, a mage/pirate that has problems with keeping things floating.

As a player I think you are doing fine. I particularly enjoy when you forget that you are not a rogue :)

There are so many spells to chose from that it is very overwhelming starting out as mage for the first time. Don't worry about making mistakes too much, everyone does the first time (playing a mage.....mind out of gutter all please) Also if you need help picking new spells to learn put a post up and I am sure you will get lots of ideas. I know that I would be happy to help with spells.

#24 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:05 AM

To be honest I think all the characters are excellent. They all have built in potential for expansion as well as an immediately perceived back story and a little bit of character from the word go. I think they will develop nicely as the game progresses.

I love the idea of a pirate mage I think it is ace, and a dwarven rogue is quite a nice one. Steves Cleric / Summoner is an interesting combination, especially when combined with a sycophantic follower. And the two brothers seem to be working well, although one seems to have something to prove at the moment :P

Should be interesting stuff :D

Hal :hal:

#25 Kishel

Kishel

Raven

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUrbana, Illinois

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:10 AM

I think it is great stuff. I am trying to wait patiently.......trying.....not...to beg.....and....scream.....for...more.......must......be......patient.

Also I have been thinking that so far what I have heard of the Banewarrens, I think it would make a great movie. Such great characters all with some serious aspects, and with comedy potential.

I also must say Hal that I am enjoying your playing of the OCD priest, makes me smile and laugh everytime Steve ask a question.

#26 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:20 AM

Another OCD priest. Why do all of RPGMP3's priests clean obsesivly

#27 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:01 AM

Definitely like this and one of my groups is looking into using the Banewarrens on my suggestion. And having listened to it twice now, I have to say I'm really looking forward to more.

#28 NewMutant

NewMutant

Toad

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationParamus, NJ, USA

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

Hello all! I'm hopping aboard after you've already finished the World's Largest Whatsis, but a month or two before you've started Banewarrens. So Banewarrens makes me happy because I get to join a running commentary instead of straining to comment about things that have happened a year ago already.

I LOVE D&D and celebrate any opportunity to listen/play/(but not so much read) it. That said, here's a link for the campaign I'm running, which went on hiatus last week so others in the group could run stuff, and various members can go on vacation;

And since this is my first post, you should know I love every single thing about this podcast, mainly because you guys are Over There, and have accents from the some of my favorite places in the world. (And if you add an Aussie to your crew, I'm hopping a plane to lavish you all with mass smoochies).

Dungeon ON!, man, fo' real.

#29 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:12 AM

On... July 14th!?

That was my birthday! =O

OH MY GOD

BEST-BIRTHDAY-EVER

1) Wacom Tablet
2) Mario Bros prizes in a gaming competition
3) NEW RPGMP3 RECORDINGS!!!

I said yesterday "You won't be able to wipe this smile of my face for a week"

I'll say today "You won't be able to wipe this smile off my face for a month"

XD

#30 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:32 AM

Happy Birthday :P

Hal :hal:

#31 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:10 PM

Perhaps we should have a Birthday section on this board?

Just a thought!

Got a bit further into the first Banewarrens, the magic missile fish thing is so funny. :D

I can picture this little fish darting along and hitting their target and then disapearing.

I would have picked piranha though, but I don't know many types of fish (Haddock Attack sounds quiet good though :lol: ).

It's going to be even more fun at higher levels as a WHOLE SCHOOL OF FISH swim through the air towards their target wiggling their fins.

I think perhaps that would be quite scary to be on the recieving end of such a strange attack.

I personally like the magic spell in the video game Undying - flaming skulls that levitate and cackle insanely before you release the mouse button to launch them. But the fish are better in some way cause their weird.

(Lew Zealand would, no doubt, be green with envy).

http://muppet.wikia....iki/Lew_Zealand

(Sinister Ornament arrived in this World = 30th July 1974) :roll:

#32 nittanyjohn

nittanyjohn

Mostly Harmless

• Patrons
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNext town over from Arkham, MA

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:01 PM

(Lew Zealand would, no doubt, be green with envy).

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who thought of this ...

#33 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:53 AM

Great minds think alike :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

#34 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:11 AM

I So love this game.... :twisted: :wink:

#35 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:18 AM

Love Lindsay's 'Mini Marlins', although they seem a little cruel in a Hitchiker's "Oh I'm alive, I'm flying through the air, what's that?"-SPLAT-kind of way. 8O

(Apologies to patrons for reposting that comment but I'm worried about these poor fish! :( Perhaps frozen ones could be substituted? :) )

#36 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

The frozen fish would be cone of cold

#37 EegahInc

EegahInc

Ghoul

• Site Artist
  • 904 posts
  • LocationCumming, GA - USA

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:54 AM

The frozen fish would be cone of cold

A Cone of Mrs. Paul's Fish Sticks 8O

#38 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:11 AM

I'd guess they would be virtual meta-fish. Less clean up that way.

#39 Boonide

Boonide

Stirge

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

Korgash and Corvan... grandsons of Gerout? Or merely chanellers of a warrior legend?

#40 nittanyjohn

nittanyjohn

Mostly Harmless

• Patrons
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNext town over from Arkham, MA

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:00 PM

Sinister-Ornament: Great minds think alike

I'm thinking that 'great' isn't the first adjective that came up for most people. "Deranged" or "warped", maybe.
:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge