#1 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

Hunting through a few boxes yesterday (much of my life remains in boxes, after moving) I found an old "Friend of Cheeky" badge from Cheeky Weekly comic, which I read when I was, well, quite young. It reminded me that I used to be in a number of clubs, often connected with comics, and thought it might be interesting to start a topic where we can post details, along with pictures of course, of some examples, to share what we were all up to when we about ten. 

In another box somewhere I have the membership cards and wallets for several other clubs, along with other badges, including The Desperate Dan Pie-Eaters Club, Warlord and The Dennis the Menace Fan Club (including Gnasher's Fang Club) with a googly-eyed hairy badge of Gnasher, but I can't get to them immediately. For now, here are a few I did find:

badges_zpstgmjnydh.jpg

Memories of cycling to the Post Office to buy a postal order and sending it, along with the coupon carefully snipped from the comic, flood back. The RPGA badge obviously comes from a little later on, but is there to add some vaguely RPG-related content :D

Anyone else join these sorts of things?

#2 Dr_Jomster

Dr_Jomster

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

You know, I don't think I did! Obviously I used to get Whizzer & Chips, Beano, Dandy, Scream and of course 2000AD and Tornado but I don't think I joined any clubs. I did however enter some competitions and was lucky enough to win a ton of Star Wars figures from a 2000AD competition just after Empire Strikes Back came out. Now that was seriously awesome! :)

I also sent off for a Captain Britain mask I think, which no doubt made me look a very, very heroic seven year old!

#3 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

I had a Captain Britain mask, a cut-out one from the comic :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge