#21 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

Here's a shot of the Tri Tac Games screen, with a certain @PaulofCthulhu peeking through the notch (actual size! or not...):

2015-02-08%2015.45.03_zpsiaf29pol.jpg

Fits an awful lot in without being too cramped, although since it's for Tri Tac's system there are still many pages of tables not included. Full marks to the shop in Oakfield, NY, that laminated it for me nearly twenty five years ago: holding up well! :D

#22 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

...with a certain @PaulofCthulhu peeking through the notch (actual size! or not...)

Like Cthulhu it seems I have the ability to change my size quite drastically, at will. :-)

I like the V-cut in the Tri Tac screen. I'd been thinking of other screen modifications along similar lines - but more of a |\____/| shape in a landscape format screen than a deep "V" in a portrait orientation.

#23 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

I like the V-cut in the Tri Tac screen. I'd been thinking of other screen modifications along similar lines - but more of a |\____/| shape in a landscape format screen than a deep "V" in a portrait orientation.

The Tri Tac screen is available in electronic format with some of their games now and has changed a little since I bought mine. One change is that it's now designed to be constructed in two parts, not joined in the centre. The plan was then to produce a series of low "bars" with specific tables to fit their different RPGs, which would be slotted in and attached between the screen halves with paperclips, letting you tailor the screen to the game you were playing. A clever idea, although to the best of my knowledge they never followed up on it.

#24 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

That's a very clever idea (two parts with connecting bars) - some thought went into that.

I hope they produce it one day! (Alternatively, we could make one ourselves?)

#25 Texan

Texan

Toad

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX (Westchase)

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

I tend to use the screens when the table is rather crowded to hide my GM map and info, which is the case in my current group where we have a group of 6 or 7 plus myself.  We tend to use miniatures so everyone tends to want to be at the table to see the tactical situation.  I generally roll the dice in plain view unless there is a good reason not to do so and I often roll for no reason just mess with them and not tip them off when it is a real roll for something they should not know about.     

#26 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:46 AM

I like that Tri Tac screen - that V cut is quite nice as a way to help prevent the GM feeling all lonely and isolated :)

Not sure about the Hills Have Gloryholes :P

@PaulofCthulhu - what happened to the Haunted House screen that was the horror version of my fantasy one? :)

Hal :hal:

#27 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

@PaulofCthulhu - what happened to the Haunted House screen that was the horror version of my fantasy one? :)

It looks great but turns out it's so large/high that it's an overly effective barrier with the players.

#28 riddles

riddles

General Annoyance

• Patrons
  • 2,288 posts
  • LocationLichfield, Staffordshire, UK

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

What we need are tables big enough to allow GM screens!

In my F2F group at the moment, the GM plays with his notes sitting on top of the GM screen flat on the table, so he can get the tables...

#29 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:35 AM

#30 Sênstaku

Sênstaku

Kobold

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

I (and my GM friends) tend to use the GM screen for the reference material - though I keep forgetting to use it. I will often grab the rule book next to me when the information I'm looking for is on the screen in front of me. Mostly we use it to keep players from accidentally looking at the GM's notes; For instance, I'm super curious and always try to read whatever's in sight even if I'm not supposed to - not out of any desire to cheat, it's just a habit I have of reading whatever I can see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge