• Create Account
Photo

AD&D 1st Edition: The Assassin's Knot

advanced dungeons and dragons ad&d assassin knot 1e first edition actual play podcast

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skryme

Skryme

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

Hi folks,

Last September, our group felt a bit nostalgic and decided to go back to our roots.  Several of us still had worn copies of the first edition AD&D player's handbook and DM's Guide, and one of our group offered to DM a session.  He chose for us the module L2 - "The Assassin's Knot", an adventure for players levels 1-4.    This is a bit of a murder mystery; less killing and more role playing / investigating.  It runs eight sessions, and I'll put the others up to Youtube as time permits.  We start with character generation and then jump right into the adventure.

And here is the link to all of the audio sessions for the adventure.  We decided to keep it going and have moved into The Lost City, which is a more traditional dungeon crawl hack and slash.

https://archive.org/...onsAndDragons1E

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

Ha!

I like the choice of pics for NPCs :)

Hal :hal:

#3 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

Looks interesting - I will give this a watch and comment later :)

#4 Cob37

Cob37

Ghoul

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouse Springs, Missouri, U.S.A.

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

I listened to the podcasts of this story.  It was enjoyable.  

I could nitpick audio quality or Bob the rules lawyer but in the overall scheme of things it seemed like the players were having fun and that is what the game is all about!

On a side note I live close to St. Louis and when the Michael Brown case fallout and riots were mentioned it made me think of all the times we talked about current events around our gaming table.   Most notably the bombing of the London underground and 9/11.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advanced dungeons and dragons, ad&d, assassin, knot, 1e, first edition, actual play, podcast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge