5 replies to this topic

#1 Dr_Jomster

Dr_Jomster

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

Apple device owners!

If downloading an actual play recording, adding it to iTunes then adding it to your device (either by USB or iTunes match) seems a bit of a faff, then you'd be right.

If the official podcasts app gets you down with its flakiness, then I'd know where you were coming from.

What you might not know is that you can download audio files (including zipped ones) using Goodreader and play them back in it too. Just browse url and follow the links until you reach your target file to download.

It's like a dedicated RPGMP3 app that also lets you read PDFs! Just amazing! :)

#2 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

Good to know! Thanks for the public service announcement.

#3 Dr_Jomster

Dr_Jomster

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

No worries. :)

It's particularly useful for audio in a patrons area on a forum where there's no itunes feed, like some of the Yoggie stuff. It's also splendid for downloading Big Finish audio straight to your phone, which is MILES easier than the alternatives.

And of course it's good for downloading RPGMP3 sessions!

I'm currently doing a battery use comparison between the podcasts app and Goodreader playing audio. The podcast app is quite battery hungry!

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 03:23 AM

I'm currently doing a battery use comparison between the podcasts app and Goodreader playing audio. The podcast app is quite battery hungry!

If you've had it set up to download audio from RPGMP3 too long, Feylin may have let some of her halfling buddies camp inside the device. Those tiny buggers have exceptionally voracious appetites.

#5 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

I can wholeheartedly approve of the plan put forth by Dr_Jomster above.

Goodreader is the only App that ever allowed me to accomplish anything constructive with an iPad.  The markup ability for pdfs is very useful for working on a plane with limited room to deploy a laptop.

Now thanks to this tip I have wholly benefited from my Patron membership and been able to enjoy lost rolemaster episodes on the go.

The only minor issue is that after pausing Goodreader occasionally starts back over again where I'd started before.  Hit fast forward or relisten to the last fifteen minutes at your own discretion in case of this happening.

#6 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

For the record, I use RSSRadio7 app for my iPhone and iPad. It serves my needs. Though I do heartily recommend Goodreader in its advertised capacity as a pdf program, it's what I use on my iPad for PDFs when running and playing games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge