#1 GM SIlva

GM SIlva

Raven

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:55 AM

Hello lovely people.

I havent been around much lately, mainly due to my wedding and honeymoon and many role play games in my new

position as Pathfinder GM. Its all going well and the games are well liked which fills me with pride as I've only used teh initial Pathfinder beginner game guide and invented everything since.

I was wondering if any of you have any great Christmas game adventures I can take my group through? I'm a very festive man and liek doing things to help teh Christmas cheer :)

GM Silva

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:21 AM

I havent been around much lately, mainly due to my wedding and honeymoon and many role play games in my new position as Pathfinder GM.

Congratulations! That's fantastic! :D What characters are your players using?

...Oh, and congrats on the wedding stuff, too. ;)

I was wondering if any of you have any great Christmas game adventures I can take my group through? I'm a very festive man and liek doing things to help teh Christmas cheer :)

If you haven't done so already, you could browse the site's collection of seasonal game recordings, where you can find plenty of inspiration. If you think your group might be interested in trying something other than Pathfinder, you could suggest Santa's Soldiers; the Bradford Gamers have turned it into their Christmas tradition, and seem to be having lots of fun with it.

The Skylandgames blog has a Christmas Carol adventure suitable for 2 PCs, available as a free download with either 4E or Pathfinder rules.

Here are reviews of four different Christmas-flavored adventures (none of them Pathfinder, but it might be possible to adapt them, if you wish).

This thread on Reddit has some cool suggestions, too.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

Congratulations!

Also - welcome back! And as Monkey says, the Christmas Specials are something of a tradition around here.

It seems to generally be a time to be extra uncouth and try our hand at obscure indie games. We have ruined quite a few childhoods with our wonderful recordings I feel :D

Ho ho ho!

Hal :hal:

#4 GM SIlva

GM SIlva

Raven

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

Hi guys. Thanks for teh warm welcome back :)

Congratulations! That's fantastic! :D What characters are your players using?

Hi. In my group I have a Human Cleric. an Elvan fighter and a Dwarf rogue who has duel spec'd with sorcery (I allowed this as our fighter isnt behaving like a fighter and the rogue was trying to help with situation so I gave him a hand :). I have one of them researching Psyonics and I'm trying to tempt a new player in who is scared about people making fun of him for role playing (sigh).

Congratulations!

Also - welcome back! And as Monkey says, the Christmas Specials are something of a tradition around here.

It seems to generally be a time to be extra uncouth and try our hand at obscure indie games. We have ruined quite a few childhoods with our wonderful recordings I feel :D

Ho ho ho!

Hal :hal:

I am considering throwing an actual bord game into the game world instead of just fighting monsters.

If you haven't done so already, you could browse the site's collection of seasonal game recordings, where you can find plenty of inspiration. If you think your group might be interested in trying something other than Pathfinder, you could suggest Santa's Soldiers; the Bradford Gamers have turned it into their Christmas tradition, and seem to be having lots of fun with it.

The Skylandgames blog has a Christmas Carol adventure suitable for 2 PCs, available as a free download with either 4E or Pathfinder rules.

Here are reviews of four different Christmas-flavored adventures (none of them Pathfinder, but it might be possible to adapt them, if you wish).

This thread on Reddit has some cool suggestions, too.

I havent checked these but i will now lol. I found a D&D 4E adventure based on A Christmas Carol which I'll change up for our rules.

The problem is its the story with a few fights thrown in. I think I'd rather the ghosts come for my players instead lol.

#5 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:20 AM

Sounds like you have the basis for a homebrew of sorts there :)

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

How about an adventure where the PCs get a quest to deliver presents to a bunch of sad-faced orphans? They'd have to come up with a means of transportation (maybe their employer lets them borrow his Pega-reindeer-pulled flying sleigh?), and perhaps deal with bandits and robbers, Christmas Treants, gift-wrapped Mimics and Santa's Dark Elves who try to steal their packages.

#7 GM SIlva

GM SIlva

Raven

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

How about an adventure where the PCs get a quest to deliver presents to a bunch of sad-faced orphans? They'd have to come up with a means of transportation (maybe their employer lets them borrow his Pega-reindeer-pulled flying sleigh?), and perhaps deal with bandits and robbers, Christmas Treants, gift-wrapped Mimics and Santa's Dark Elves who try to steal their packages.

I dont think my players would accept that storyline considering they are all adults lol. My games are for adults only as theres a lot of drinking and swearing involved not to mention we tend to play at night.

Maybe a band of thieves have held up a shipment of Winter festival gifts and my players are charged to retrieve them before the Festival begins. Or maybe a vessel of a winter festival god has been abducted and my players are I'll have to  travel to another dimension to save he/she. I could give them godlike powers for the adventure only lol. I have to consider it.

Thanks for the help though guys. Much appreciated.

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

I dont think my players would accept that storyline considering they are all adults lol. My games are for adults only as theres a lot of drinking and swearing involved not to mention we tend to play at night.

If you think that a Christmas-themed roleplaying session can't be adult-oriented, you've obviously never listened to any of the Christmas Specials. (Or rather: XXX-mas Specials.) ;)

#9 Tulty

Tulty

Goblin

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

I remember when I listened to my first RPGMP3 Xmas special. An eye-opening (or rather ear-opening) experience!

#10 GM SIlva

GM SIlva

Raven

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:37 AM

I think there will be plenty of alcohol and and adult jokes. I plan to have the quest giver present all the players

with a special set of tools to help them on this special quest in the form of new dice based on their races.
I'm tempted on being really mean and demanding they only use the new dice haha.

I think i'll download one of the Christmas podcasts. I was considering taking a comedy root ala the PAX celebrity games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge