File Name: Weirdzone Session 00

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 13 Nov 2014

File Category: Forgotten Futures

Genre: Steampunk
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Forgotten Futures: Weirdzone 00: Moving House

Posted Image

Separated by many miles, yet brought together through remarkable advances in SCIENCE, the Whartson Hall Aethernauts embark on a voyage to wondrous futures past!

Richmond, 1893. A surprising event has been announced, with the reclusive inventor Sir William Reynolds gathering select persons to witness the unveiling of his latest project, something he has never done before. Clearly it must be of the most singular importance, yet it is not the only surprise awaiting the guests on this outwardly ordinary evening.

This introductory session involves character generation for about an hour, so skip ahead if that doesn't interest you. The idea is to play this adventure when scheduling issues mean that we don't have key players for our regular game, so it will likely be on an even less formal schedule than normal.

The Game: Forgotten Futures by Marcus L. Rowland. The adventure setting is adapted from Weirdzone by Richard Tucholka and Tri Tac Games.
Intro and outro musical excerpts are by that most splendid gentleman Professor Elemental, used with his kind permission.
The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. We can assure you that this is despite using only the finest grade of wax cylinders in our phonographs.

The Players:
Amelia: Lady Lettie Parkhurst
Tim: Sir George Mathews
Riddles: John Bull
Jon: The GM

Click here to download this file

#2 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:20 AM

Yay!  Shout out to Magnus Pyke!

#3 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

magnus_pyke_science_zpsa08c9e03.jpg

#4 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

My physics teacher at school gesticulated wildly too - an under-appreciated learning tool I think...

#5 Kedamono

Kedamono

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationKenmore, WA, USA

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

A great start to the game! Everyone who has run Weirdzone has done so with their own take on how things work. I look forward to seeing how the campaign goes!

#6 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

Thanks, I think it started well enough. Always hard to know how the players will take to an adventure where they really don't know what to expect. What I love about Richard Tucholka's settings is how well they provide ways to interact with the strangeness, rather than simply presenting a cool idea without any sense of how to make it work as a game.

Welcome to RPGMP3 :) and a belated happy birthday to you!

#7 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

As you might have spotted from his sig, Kedamono is one of those fine Tri Tac Games people and can be heard on the Tri Tac Games Podcast. Pop over and have a listen; and do be sure to drop them a line, say hello and let them know where you heard about the show.

#8 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

Squadron UK has reeled me into the Whartson Hall world so I thought I'd give this game a chance. Enjoying it so far and looking forward to catching and keeping up on this game.

#9 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

Reeled you in? Quick, run now! :)

There's several more Forgotten Futures adventures with us somewhere on the site, and ACRES more Whartson Hall goodness/badness/perversity to enjoy. Should you feel the need to feed your new-found addiction...

#10 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

This is a nice change of pace from Accordlands, which I was trying ti dive into. Sadly I have had a hard time following it so I may indeed have to rummage around in the WH pile and see if that will help me get through my time at work.

#11 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:04 PM

...Whartson Hall goodness/badness/perversity...

Entirely a matter of perspective.

#12 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

I think I might be the perversity part of it though

#13 TFSakon

TFSakon

Toad

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:59 PM

Definitely perversity. I like the new series. Whartson Hall seem to do social satire particularly well I must say. Which makes these Victorian style particularly entertaining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge