11 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

Season 3, Episode 022: Interview with Glen Welch

Greetings Gamers! We are back from our break! This week we have the famous, or infamous as the case may be, Mr. GLen Welch, creator of the List of 2100 things Mr. Welch can no longer do during an RPG! We talk to him about the List, his gaming history, and he even gives us a few things to help make us better! Now, I must warn, we had tech issues while recording this episode. I edited as best I could, but we did lose Glen near the end of the call. We’re getting back into the swing of things so come join us on our return!

RhoPiGammaSn3Ep022.mp3

If you've enjoyed any of @TheGlen's antics, either in writing or the recordings on the site, this interview is well worth listening to (even though the audio quality is slightly hampered by a dodgy internet connection during the online interview).

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

He's so famous :)

Hal :hal:

#3 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:09 AM

Are any of the things on his list due to RPGMP3 adventures?

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

Are any of the things on his list due to RPGMP3 adventures?

"1343. If I have to explain to the halfling’s sister why we dressed him like a raccoon, we’re all in trouble."

That one's probably a reference to certain events involving David's character in Tomb of Haggemoth. :)

#5 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:37 PM

I might have to give those a re-listen. I don't remember a racoon.

#6 TheGlen

TheGlen

Stirge

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

Rjagnjar convinced Brave, Brave Milo to worship Chiktika Fastpaws, god of racoons.  So Brave, Brave Milo spent the rest of the campaign dressed like one.  As far as things on the list, here's a few from the campaigns:

1010. Stone Giants don't have heat sinks.

1024. Slings make poor thongs. And vice versa.

1066. If the GM’s wife is in the party, I’m not allowed to hunt anything cute.
1078. If 48 straight hours of pistol whipping doesn’t convince the terrorist to spill his guts, another 48 hours probably won’t either.
1103. Just because I was paid in advance doesn’t mean I can let the incompetent expedition leader die.

1125. Letting the Red Shirt guard the plane is really frowned upon as it doesn’t leave anybody to sacrifice to the Shoggoths.

1056. There is no such thing as a Dwarven Battle Perm.

1164. I will wait for the GM to finish his incredibly complicated riddle before answering correctly.

1176. I will remember the spiked chain cheesemonster is allergic to the improved sunder feat.

1214. I will stop trying to put the Halfling in a diabetic coma.

1219. Penguins will not fit in the standard ether jar.

1246. It’s not possible to stampede dwarves.
1248. There is no such thing as a strap on beard.

1268. Dwarves are physically incapable of performed the Dance of the Seven Veils.

1276. Freeing slaves out of justice is good. Out of spite, not so much.

1343. If I have to explain to the halfling’s sister why we dressed him like a raccoon, we’re all in trouble.
1348. When attempting to lure the giant to sleep with a bardic lullaby, I will leave out the lyric “So we can kill you.”

1462. Dwarves do not have the racial ability to merge into a larger, more powerful dwarf.

1578. Every time the halfing gets a critical hit I don't have to feed him a snack.

1651. No teaching halflings how to fly.
1655. No using the halfling as a grappling hook.

1727. When facing the classic weight balance trap, can't use the halfling for ballast.

1826. Before we have the bard loot the dungeon, make sure he's clear on the spelling.

1827. No starting Fight Club.

1892. No matter what the module says, slaughtered and dissected scientists cause more san loss than frozen dogs.
1906. I will ask permission before performing an autopsy in another character's hideout.

1958. Dwarven breast milk is not 180 proof.

1974. Despite what the rules say, you don't have to be a 19th level bard to play Alice's Restaurant Massacre.

2084. We can't steal all the treasure from the giant magical scales, even if we do undertake an engineering project that dwarfs the Hoover Dam.

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

1219. Penguins will not fit in the standard ether jar.

Haven't listened to CoC:BtMoM yet, but that one's pretty much guaranteed to be a quote from it. ;)

Incidentally, isn't it slightly misleading to include those entries on a list of things that were disallowed in a game?
I'm fairly certain Hal never banned any of... well, only a few of those entries. :)

#8 TheGlen

TheGlen

Stirge

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

Half was Hal, the rest was the party deciding my proposal was a very bad idea.

#9 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

Rjagnjar convinced Brave, Brave Milo to worship Chiktika Fastpaws, god of racoons.  So Brave, Brave Milo spent the rest of the campaign dressed like one.  As far as things on the list, here's a few from the campaigns:

Chiktikka Fastpaws, that was it. Now I remember. Thanks!

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:11 AM

Chiktikka Fastpaws, that was it. Now I remember. Thanks!

Went back and checked - it's from Tomb of Haggemoth episode 03, in case anyone's wondering. :)

"What the hell are you wearing?"
"The armor of a god!"
"It gives him -2 ridicule bonus to everything."
"Do you see anything on fire? No? Then Ragnar didn't do anything!"

#11 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

Nothing to see here. Just fixing a mindfart on my part. Tis what I get for posting after being up way too long.

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

10th Anniversary

I wrote the List ten years ago, just 25 little jokes written down for austerity. Now is 2,375 jokes that have gotten me fan art, included in the Rule 34 club, a cartoon, my own tropes page, speaking invitations, fan mail, girlfriends and laid. Don't game as often as I should, but I still regret nothing. Ave tu Rex infans.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glen welch, interview, theglen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge