• Create Account
Photo

Spotted at Fighting Fantasy Fest: Fighting Fantasy miniatures by Pure Evil Miniatures

miniatures

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSvendborg, Denmark

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

Man, those mins are sweet. What I really want though:

coc-001.png

#22 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:57 AM

Fans of Fighting Fantasy may wish to check out the RpgGamerDad podcast, which features a lengthy episode on the topic, as well as several actual play sessions:

Ep 17 – Fighting Fantasy

Fighting Fantasy, Fighting Fantasy and more Fighting Fantasy.

Interviews with:

The Warlock of FightingFantasy.com.

The Editor of FightingFantazine.co.uk.

& ‘Out Of The Pit’ with RpgGamerBoy.

‘The Riddling Reaver’

featuring:

RpgGamerDad as the GM

Steph as Gandalf – NOT a Wizard

Frances as Elana of House Alderon

Alexander as Ernie aka ‘Nails’ the Thief

Dave Harrison as Blain the Street Magician

and RpgGamerUncle as Clint – the vegetarian barbarian.

#23 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

The Riddling Reaver is a LOT of fun!  I have used his ship the Twice Shy in a number of different games and the random table of riddles is pretty cool too for those of us who are riddling compromised and would have been eaten by Gollum.

#24 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:27 AM

Useless factoid: In Danish the Riddling Reaver was called Tyven Med De 1000 Trick, the Thief With A 1000 Tricks. 

That game had so many fun bits, and the RR was such a mad bastard. He justified the trope where each location in an adventure is like a part of a reality-defying game show.

#25 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

Useless factoid: In Danish the Riddling Reaver was called Tyven Med De 1000 Trick, the Thief With A 1000 Tricks. 

That game had so many fun bits, and the RR was such a mad bastard. He justified the trope where each location in an adventure is like a part of a reality-defying game show.

That's pretty cool.

I need to bust out the old books and play something set in Titan again ...

#26 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

I was thinking nostalgic thoughts about Allansia myself. It's such an uncivilized place, compared to many other fantasy settings. There are no roads, borders or kings that are actual rulers of much, beside the city they live in. 

Al-Allansia-from-OotP.jpg

#27 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

Is that Port Blacksand I see there? Where the local police are trolls? Somethingsomething hive of scum and villany!

You're right, Allansia is a lot of fun as a setting!

#28 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:00 AM

#29 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

If l remember my Out of the Pit correctly the Gonchong gave some pretty sweet stat bonuses (+2 SKILL and +4 STAMINA?) at the mere cost of your ability to take independent action.

If *I* remember correctly, it was +5 Skill, +5 Stamina, plus the fact it looked pretty cool as a piece of headgear. It also had SKILL 5, STAMINA 5 if you encountered it without a host - though of course it would then just try to get onto your head...

#30 JamieMcCrimmon

JamieMcCrimmon

Raven

• Patrons
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

At FFF Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone asked the audience to shout out suggestions for miniatures they would like to see. The diminutive Jib Jib was quite popular but has been officially ruled out due to how tiny it would be. That and it's so simply it wouldn't feel right in a range of high quality sculpts with lots of details since it's basically a tribble on legs.

I'm really disappointed that got ruled out, Jib Jibs only appeared in a few Fighting Fantasies but they were one of my favourite creatures! Besides, if Warhammer's Cave Squigs can be made into miniatures without looking out of place, I'd have thought the Jib-Jib could be!

Incidentally, I can't remember which books they appeared in. I think there was one in "The Riddling Reaver". I think there was another one in Sorcery! book 4... googling seems to confirm these sightings. Can anyone point to any other adventures they appeared in? I've found a Wikia page that suggests there was one in Midnight Rogue, though after all these years I don't remember that very well.

Oh, and I don't quite agree with "a tribble on legs" - at least, they certainly didn't seem to reproduce like Tribbles. Unfortunately.

#31 Hafwit 2.0

Hafwit 2.0

Goblin

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

One jib-jib makes a horrifying racket. If they bred like tribbles half the world would be deaf! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: miniatures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge