8 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

So the LRP season is officially over for me now, until Spring 2015.  I will have a couple of games between then, but for the most part my kit can get packed away and sit gathering dust.  My characters, Kismet & The Beast of Carthage, placed into inactivity until it is time again for them to cause havoc.  I figured some of you may enjoy a pictorial account of this year's season.

Enjoy. :)

#2 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

Odyssey
Odyssey is a PvP game of arena combat in a mythical reimagining of our own ancient world.  I play a Carthaginian berserker and bodyguard to the Lioness of Carthage.  I play Silex the Unbroken, the Beast of Carthage.

Event 1
In this event I was returned to life (after dying in 2013) and was allowed to return to my Lioness.  Sadly, however, through the event I was slowly transforming into a half-man half-snake creature.  In the final day I had to fight, to the death, my own brother: we killed each other and I was sacrificed to the god to death, in front of my Lioness.

Beasts can fly
ODC01a_zps67289bdb.jpg

The Beast is sacrificed before his love
ODC01c_zpsb9c1ae6f.jpg

The Lioness weeps for the slain
ODC01d_zpsd3df3a3d.jpg

The Lioness is pulled from the body of her fallen warrior
ODC01b_zps276b0ffc.jpg

Event 2
In this event I was, once again, returned to life only this time not by the god of death.  Banished from the sight of the gods I served the Lioness as best I could, slaying her enemies as an unholy Lamia.  Yet all was not well as in the final hours to turned on the Lioness whom I was sworn to protect and began to devour her.

The Lamia of Carthage
ODC02c_zps8cefaac3.jpg

Victory at any cost
ODC02b_zps2a5450cc.jpg

The Traitor's Feast
ODC02a_zpsdd9b5cd3.jpg

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

The Vale
The Vale is another PVP LRP, this one divided into two camps.  The oppressive forces of The Duke and the free forces of the Khan.  I play Father Kismet, priest of the Rat Mother; who is played by the same person as The Lioness of Carthage.  Vale is a new system, having just concluded it's first year.

Event 2
I joined Vale at Event 2 and instantly made a splash.  Undead, not having souls, do not normally have religion.  So I made it my own, bringing faith to the Undead and countering the faith of the Duke's by preaching at them from atop the hill overlooking their camp.  For my services I was rewarded with a Phylactery by the Khan himself - the first step in becoming a Lich.

Team Undead
Vale02a_zpsd6be42ee.jpg

Cultists of the Rat Mother
Vale02b_zpsfd62ff7b.jpg

Event 3
Event 3 was a bit of a slower one as the game's teething problems became more apparent.  While not a terrible event, it wasn't the best.  Highlights included a raid on the enemy camp that left them routed and me waking the entire enemy camp up a 0525 with a dawn sermon.

Team Khan
Vale03a_zps8629cc29.jpg

Father Kismet
Vale03c_zpse01d4951.jpg

The Assault
Vale03d_zps329bac7f.jpg

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

Event 4
Event 4 was the end of the LRP season for me and was a vast improvement on the earlier games.  Definitely a good sign for the system's long term survival.  The cult of the Rat Mother is now in full swing, with cultists joining together from both camps - as a result of me convincing some of the living that The Rat Mother is just an aspect of their god of life and healing, 'The Mother'.  This ultimately resulted in the destruction of their temple as my cultists snuck in and desecrated it.  The Duke's camp are now even more paranoid, they know the Children of the Rat Mother are among them, but they do not know who they are.

Furthermore, the cult also managed to successfully undergo a ritual to allow the Rat Mother to hear the prayers of the faithful.  The path to her ascension to godhood begins.

Rat Mother among the Orcs
Vale04a_zpsd1ccd068.jpg

Father Kismet, Chosen of The Rat Mother
Vale04b_zpsf0c91d57.jpg

The Rat Mother greets a new convert
Vale04f_zpsdd649c7d.jpg

Woodland Patrol
Vale04g_zpsabc73be0.jpg

Why not to piss off the game organisers
Vale04e_zpsf151d62a.jpg

Pandora, The Rat Mother, listening to the prayers of her Children
Vale04d_zps120915ba.jpg

Sunset preaching
Vale04c_zps1aa6d8ef.jpg

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

LRP as a hobby is a wonderful way to enjoy your summer. It enables you to get out and about, meet new people and then chase them through the woods hitting them with sticks. My life is truly enriched by it and I hope you enjoyed this little album of my adventures.

Dan. 

#6 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

Happy days :)

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

There's always one big LARP event left to look forward to, during the long months of winter: Halloween. ;)

tumblr_inline_nbb6221br71r4itqj.gif

Oh, and you can LARP at Christmas, too, if you put a red Santa hat on over your Skaven Cultist outfit, and convince everyone that Kris Kringle is a wererat. ;)

#8 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

I always put cheese out for the rat-pack that pulls his sled.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:12 AM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lrp, larp, vale, odyssey, live action roleplay, live roleplay, my summer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge