9 replies to this topic

#1 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

File Name: Interview: Robert Kendzie (Wolfsnap)

File Submitter: Balgin

File Submitted: 07 Sep 2014

File Category: Interviews

Balgin chats to Wolfsnap about Dire Destiny (his webcomic), the Paths of Gaeda campaign, roleplaying, wargaming and, of course, his latest book for Pathfinder - The Very Last Book About War.

Click here to download this file

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

It's not true that wolfsnap lacks the ability to write comedy - who could forget the butt puns frozen splendor of Friezurazov, after they'd played Tomb of Haggemoth? ;)

PS: Balgin, you forgot to post these links:

Dire Destiny Year One - Dangerous Omens

Dire Destiny Year Two - Beware the Dark!

Dire Destiny Year 3 - Here there be Dragons!

#3 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Calling that comedy is being extremely generous. :)

Also, for those interested in the "Very Last Book" series:

The Very Last Book About Mounted Combat

The Very Last Book About Alignment

The Very Last Book About War

Thanks again to Balgin!  We should do this again sometime!

#4 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

PS: Balgin, you forgot to post these links:

You know, I was so busy getting ready to attend Fighting Fantasy Fest this past weekend that it almost completely slipped my mind (and the part of me that did remember was sitting around impatiently waiting for the files to be released so I could then add the links which I'd forgotten to include in the audio description). Then yesterday when I was recovering from the weekend I forgot to put the links up. 

Thanks for helping out :).

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Fighting Fantasy Fest

Whoa! You mean, this cool thing right here? :O

fffflyerv9page001copy.jpg

Did you get any kewl lewt? Autographs from the esteemed authors themselves, perchance? :)

#6 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

Whoa! You mean, this cool thing right here? :O

fffflyerv9page001copy.jpg

Did you get any kewl lewt? Autographs from the esteemed authors themselves, perchance? :)

Yes and yes again :). I had a lovely time, met lots of people, spent literally hours on public transport and arrived home too excited to actually sleep 'til around 4 or 5 in the morning. I got to meet Steve Jackson & Ian Livingston (a few brief chats at assorted times throughout the day), met the guys from Otherworld Miniatures, Arion Games, Tin Man Games, Inkle etc......

I somehow missed out on the chance to have a chat with John Blanche, Chris Achileos or any of the other artists in attendance (I don't think Martin McKenna was able to make it, probably too busy working on the new Star Wars films). I got to chat with the guy who runs Pure Evil Miniatures (definitely look out for some 32mm scale sculpts of classic Fighting Fantasy monsters & villains on Kickstarter next year including the Shapeshifter & the fabled Blood Beast).....

I took a few photos and some brief footage of the miniatures with my camera but haven't checked them for quality yet. Coming three days before my birthday, Fighting Fantasy Fest was like a dream come true :). I've kind of been too blissed out to focus on much these last few days.

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:37 AM

Sounds like you loads of fun. :) And happy birthday!

I got to chat with the guy who runs Pure Evil Miniatures (definitely look out for some 32mm scale sculpts of classic Fighting Fantasy monsters & villains on Kickstarter next year including the Shapeshifter & the fabled Blood Beast).....

Will there be photos of painted versions of those minis appearing on the forums, courtesy of the hard-working dwarven wage slaves in the Balgin mines, some time after that, perhaps? ;)

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

Sounds like you loads of fun. :) And happy birthday!

Will there be photos of painted versions of those minis appearing on the forums, courtesy of the hard-working dwarven wage slaves in the Balgin mines, some time after that, perhaps? ;)

If the photos I took came out any good then there will :).

#9 Scribbleykins

Scribbleykins

Toad

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

Good to hear that there are more episodes of PoG coming down the pipeline! They've been a joy for me to listen to at work, party shenanigans and all.

As I've always been working off prewritten adventures (at least since figuring out as a young GM that players will do absolutely everything in their power to jump the rails of a story) I found it refreshing and enlightening to both listen to someone's take on an open-world D&D-style game and hear you explain how you've come up with ideas for it. In that regard, I've found your games educational as well as entertaining, and I may dare dip my toe into the waters of freeform gameplay once more someday thanks to it.

I don't think I'll start using the miniatures map movement-in-inches idea, though. Too used to grids, and I don't have actual miniatures bar those cardboard Pawns Paizo now sells (which are pretty sweet, admittedly, and also packs up better).

It was also interesting to hear about the history behind Dire Destiny. It's a nice webcomic, with some damn fine art. I do hope you get to finish the whole story someday, and will be checking in every now and again to see how far you've come.

#10 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:43 AM

Oh look. The pictures are available for your viewing pleasure :).

http://www.rpgmp3.co...vil-miniatures/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge