Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

As seen on Tumblr:

tumblr_nbcc2gAEeN1qbg80vo3_1280.jpg

TABLETOP RPGS GET CLASSY WITH THE ADVENTURER’S KIT

Designed by Mitch Barchi, the Adventurer’s Kit is what I imagine someone like Mark Twain or Winston Churchill would have played D&D with back in their day.

From the artist: 

The Adventurer’s Kit had been inspired by my lifelong passion for roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons or World of Dungeons. My goal was to create a portable kit that anyone could pickup and play a quick, or introductory, roleplaying session with little to no prep time. I created a simple overland map illustration for the lid using the Art Institute of Seattle’s lasercutter. I also included a standard set of polyhedral dice since they are used in many roleplaying systems. Many roleplaying systems also use miniatures, I wanted to include some basic minis for the players. The miniatures featured in these sets are vintage unpainted Heroscape monsters. Also provided is a Moleskine notebook with gridded paper if the player or game master want to map a dungeon or take notes. Each kit also includes a pamphlet for the excellent hack and slash World of Dungeons RPG system. These printouts and other adventure PDFs can be found on Dungeon-World.com for free. With the tools provided in these kits players and game masters alike can enjoy an adventure on the go.

Too bad it’s a one-off. This guy should think about pitching this to Wizards of the Coast for some sort of D&D Collector’s Edition Starter Set idea. I’d totally by the living shit out of something like that.

tumblr_nbcc2gAEeN1qbg80vo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nbcc2gAEeN1qbg80vo1_1280.jpg

#2 Twyst

Twyst

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

I made my own a while back. Not as fancy, but it does have a dragon's eye and a tie dye inside. 

dicebox1.jpg

dicebox2.jpg

dicebox3.jpg

#3 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:34 AM

Makes me want to take up carpentry and do something myself.

I think I would have to replace those mini slots for more d10's and d6's though... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge