#1 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

http://www.rpgmp3.com/ipb/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=1155

File Name: Through the Drakwald Session 01

File Submitter: BigJackBrass

File Submitted: 04 Aug 2014

File Category: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Genre: Fantasy
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition: Through the Drakwald Session 01

Posted Image

In the candy-floss land of Warhammer everyone is happy, spending the days with their best friends, hugging puppies and doing good deeds for sick children and pensioners... Hang on, sorry... wrong script...

In the blood-soaked, chaos-warped lands of Warhammer death is a constant companion. Betrayal stands at your shoulder and the choice to make is whether to die in a futile gesture attempting to hold back the unstoppable forces of evil, or to die in squalor and filth from a virulent venereal disease. This is the story of one group who are regretting turning down that dirty knee-trembler behind the Dog & Duck. Hideously deformed beastmen are sweeping through the empire, slaying all in their path, but at a vital river crossing they meet unexpected resistance. Can our heroes truly hold back the tide, or is this a bridge too far?

The Whartson Hall Aethernauts play through the Google+ Hangouts facility rather than face-to-face in a room. Despite our best efforts, listeners may find some reduction in sound quality as a result. Entertainment quality remains at our customary low level, of course.

The Aethernauts:

Amelia as Eldril, Elf Mercenary
Mark (Riddles) as Hugo, Halfling Hunter
Nick as Gotfried, Human Tollkeeper
Jon as Drum Gritstone, Dwarf Pit Fighter
Martin as Your Friendly Neighbourhood GM

The intro and outro pieces are by the very splendid Professor Elemental, used with his kind permission.

Click here to download this file

#2 ThistledownJohn

ThistledownJohn

Ghoul

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBonne Terre, MO USA

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

Huzzah, Warhammer FRP!  Let the mutation and disease begin! :)

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

And the pointless and wasteful character death. Though I do notice that they all seem to have pretty reasonable professions. Not a servant or rat catcher in the bunch...

Hal :hal:

#4 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

All I did was click "GO" on an online character generator and out popped a pit fighter (all 5' 2" of him!)  :D I'd missed the original character generation session, which consequently wasn't recorded.

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Pit Fighter is not a shoddy class to start with... I want to play with this online generator - I bet I get a rat catcher :)

Point me at it Mr Brass...

#6 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

All I did was click "GO" on an online character generator and out popped a pit fighter (all 5' 2" of him!)  :D

Pit Fighter is not a shoddy class to start with... I want to play with this online generator - I bet I get a rat catcher :)

Point me at it Mr Brass...

Yes please do.  It would certainly speed some things up a bit.

Great work on the session guys!  Sound quality was fine after the beard incident ;) Martin seems to be doing a cracking job running the adventure.  A shame no one has pleged their soul to Slaanesh yet but there is time...

#7 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Now, I can't make any claims as to how good this site is or whether it's entirely accurate to the rules (I've never owned second edition and it's probably twenty years since I sold my first edition stuff), but here's what I used to roll up Drum:

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition Starting Character Generator

#8 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

A shame no one has pleged their soul to Slaanesh yet but there is time...

It's no fun turning to the dark side if you don't start off in the light :D

#9 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Holy crap - my first try and I get an Elven Wizards Apprentice....

I'm not a rat catcher... I am so happy :)

#10 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

More WFRP for everyone!

#11 Pheonix

Pheonix

Olde Farte Gamer

• Patrons
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Elven Scribe for me. Just the ticket for writing down the antics of these old worlders for the elven tabloids scholarly readership back home.

Good to see more chaos mayhem!

#12 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

Because I must be pedantic (I must, I must) especially without having heard all of it nor knowing the rules exactly:

I'm pretty sure that initiative is d10 + agility BONUS. Not + agility score, which wouldn't have much of an impact on the ordering.

#13 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Because I must be pedantic (I must, I must) especially without having heard all of it nor knowing the rules exactly:

I'm pretty sure that initiative is d10 + agility BONUS. Not + agility score, which wouldn't have much of an impact on the ordering.

Could be. I'll have to ask Martin to check it as he's the one with the books.

#14 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

Enjoyed listening to this one. Also thanks for the link to the generator. Looks pretty good. 

#15 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

There are no ability score bonuses in WFRP. Only your current percentile ability score. Initiative in this edition is 1d10 + Agility Score.

In first edition you actually had an Initiative stat that you could improve and it just went off that every round with no dice rolling :)

#16 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

A good session.

GMing this I too have used a mook sudden death critical in-house ruling to speed up play. If it's a mook and they take a hit that drops them below zero wounds they go down.

If I had two wishes for the development of this edition of WFRP that never happened they would be additional d100 critical tables for more variety and a sourcebook on the greenskins.

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

This is the story of one group who are regretting turning down that dirty knee-trembler behind the Dog & Duck.

Is that the name of a public house, or are you implying that Dwarven Pit-Fighters engage in dirty knee-trembling activities behind a dog and a duck, at the same time? If the latter: Out of curiosity, which of the animals ended up in the middle of the sandwich? ;)

Elven Scribe for me. Just the ticket for writing down the antics of these old worlders for the elven tabloids scholarly readership back home.

Ah, yes. Anyone who's listened to the classic Temple of the Elemental Evil sessions (featuring Hal as a prissy elven priest of the Moony Goddess) will no doubt remember the comments about elven low-light vision, and how the race developed this highly useful ability solely for the purpose of reading paperback novels all night. ;)

"It's all those cheap Elven thriller, I can't put 'em down! Whodunnit? Whodunnit?!"

#18 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Sorry to announce a short delay in posting further Warhammer sessions. Martin had to deal with family illness last week and he's now busy for a fortnight, which means a three week gap. However, the rest of the team will assemble this very evening to fill in with a spot of Cogs, Cakes and Swordsticks. Pip pip!

#19 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Pip pip!

Watch out, everybody! :O That's two fifths of a death threat, he must be an undercover secret hidden disguised sleeper agent. ;)

#20 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

I hope there will be plenty of cups of tea and cake (and possibly scones)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge