24 replies to this topic

#1 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I know that some of you have enjoyed my books in the past (Including Tomb of Haggemoth) my newst one (a splat book for Pathfinder) is now available as a PDF:

http://paizo.com/pro...ook-About-War#2

It's called "The Very Last Book About War" and it's the Very Last Book in the "Very Last Book" series. :) It's a rules guide for running more exciting mass combats in Pathfinder, which is a great way to cap off a long campaign or story arc. There's something for everyone in it, and thus far the "bloodbath" mechanic has gotten a lot of praise as the most fun part of the rules. :)

I do hope some of you will check it out.

And by-the-by, there should be new episodes of the RPGLED Pathfinder sessions posted up shortly.

Thanks!

#2 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Looking good. I'll be bookmarking that for Tuesday when I have more money once again.

#3 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

If anyone is going to be at Gen Con, I'll have print copies there, and there should be some print copies availble through Paizo after the con.

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:17 AM

Oooooh - cool. I'll have to grab a copy. Might wait to get on in print after GenCon :)

Hal :hal:

#5 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hal, why not come up to Gen Con and get it signed. :) You and Lindsay really need to get up there one year.

#6 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

I know - I always plan to come and then realize that it is always during the busiest week at work... always :(

#7 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Excuses, excuses...

If anyone else from the forums is coming to Gencon I do invite them to drop by for a chat!

#8 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

Sorry buddy. It's kind of out of my budget due to being on the wrong continent. However, a promise is a promise 'though so I'm going to go and buy the book now :).

#9 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Thanks Balgin!

If you like th book, please feel free to leave a review at Paizo!

#10 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

Print Edition of the book is now available at Lulu.com, along with the entire Dire Destiny catalog:

http://www.lulu.com/...ght/diredestiny

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:57 AM

Sorry buddy. It's kind of out of my budget due to being on the wrong continent. However, a promise is a promise 'though so I'm going to go and buy the book now :).

Hey @Balgin, remember to post a review of the book when you've read it - heck, you could even record your review, or record a discussion about the book, if you can round up some fellow readers, or interview the author on Skype; Hal wants more recording clogging up his bandwidth, darnit. ;)

#12 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Monkey is right. I have a serious urge for a good clogging in my bandwidth...

#13 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

I am always available for an interview. :)

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

*Holds out banana-shaped microphone*

Mr. Snap, what's your opinion on turtles? Specifically, the rare endangered Teenage Mutant Ninja variety?

Incidentally, you wouldn't happen to have had anything to do with this interview about Pathfinder, would you?

#15 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

Guilty on both counts.  The alignment seminar was a lot of fun!

#16 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

I am always available for an interview. :)

I like this idea. I haven't had the chance to fully read it yet but I'd happily chat with him and he can tell me about this cool new book of his that I only recently got hold of. We can chat about the ideas inside it and what prompted him to write it. And about Dire Destiny and other stuff. Hey there Wolfsnap. Send me a PM sometime and we'll get in touch :).

#17 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

I'll drop you a line as soon as I get back from Gen Con!

#18 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

If you're going ahead with the interview, perhaps you could make a thread where people could post suggestions for questions they'd like to have answered or discussed by Mr. Haggemoth himself? :) (Of course, site members already have the option of posting those questions on the site, and they'd probably get a very polite answer, but the advantage of doing it on audio is that, in a discussion, it's easier to have a discussion with a natural back-and-forth flow of dialogue, whereas writing a reply to a post on the forums takes time, so the author will most likely be inclined to give shorter answers.)

(Plus, it gives Balgin the option of adding a laugh track and other studio noises, such as the sound of a crowd of people going "Oooh!" and "Aaah!" and clapping at dramatically appropriate moments.) ;)

Just to get started, here's a question I'd like to hear discussed in any prospective interview that the two of you might cook up:
  • Have you listened to the Yorkton Gamer's playthrough of Tomb of Haggemoth, and if so, what did you think of their responses to your scenario? (Or the responses from Hal & the Long Tall Texans, for that matter.)

#19 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Thanks Pencil Monkey. I wasn't aware the Yorkton Gamer Guild had played it. I'll definitely be asking about that now. I suppose we should start a new thread to discuss this (not entirely sure where) but I suppose this one will do for now.

#20 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

Thanks Pencil Monkey. I wasn't aware the Yorkton Gamer Guild had played it. I'll definitely be asking about that now.

Luckily, you're a Patron, which means you can get access to their super-special ultra secret Haggemoth recordings!

(Here's a tiny sample.) :)

med_gallery_10823_8_374713.jpg

(Hey @Lockhart, do you know if Brad, Brian and Aimee have seen the Haggemoth album cover [featured above]? Did they approve?)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pdf, pathfinder, haggemoth, dire destiny, splat book

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge