• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#161 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:47 AM

Your faith in me, despite me contributing no evidence to the contrary because my group gets awkwardly silent anytime I bring up sharing our adventures on this site, only further inflates my ego and assures me that I am correct. Thank you, Monkey. Thank you!

I MAY BE A MONKEY, BUT I HAVE EXCELLENT TASTE ANGLNAMGNAFFAMALANGFFNAMNFMFGF

tumblr_noeuvkTaF91t2ii1po1_500.gif

#162 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:01 AM

As I'm recovering from dental surgery (bye bye, lower right wisdom teeth (and it's upper counterpart), I hardly knew you, you Bastard!) and apparently don't have anything better to do...

1. Probably wishful thinking, but if Green Ronin would make 5e version of Freeport...

2. I both love and hate the idea of Kickstarters, and have never backed anything. But see above.

3. 5e, which was a surprise for myself. I thought I was D&D'd out already.

4. As said earlier, I never thought I would be interested in D&D anymore.

5. 5e DMG

6. 5e. This is getting predictable...

7. Stars Without Number (Sine Nomine Publishing)

8. I guess it was seeing those guys playing D&D in E.T. back in the day.

9. Has there been a PnP Elder Scrolls game? If not, that.

10, 11. Uhh.. It seems that I don't keep track of these things. 

12. I used to like (and copy) Trampier a lot. However, as a single illustration, I think the iconic picture of Kyra (from Pathfinder) encapsulates idea of D&D cleric perfectly. 

13. Duh. More precisely Whartsies, BAGgies or Hal's crew, depending on mood.

14. Icosahedron, naturally. Miniatures are cool too. METAL miniatures, that is.

15. Real time, our AD&D campaign probably takes the top spot, as we we played weekly for like three years or so. Second place goes to the Enemy Within campaign, with every single adventure from White Dwarf inserted somewhere along the way.

16. The follies of youth.. We tried 24 hour sessions several times, and although technically made it, after 12 hours mark the gaming was - sporadic, at best.

17. WFRP, 2nd edition

18. Mongoose edition of Traveller

19. Superworld (Chaosium)

20. Call of Cthulhu

21. Homebrew

22. These days, livingroom table will do.

23. WFRP, 2nd edition

24. In Shadowrun, I did not like that it did not matter whether you had 6 or 0.01 points of Essence if you did not use magic. So I made a rule that for each full Essence point, a character would have a 'floating' skill point that could be temporarily added to a skill, and easily switched to another skill during downtime, so that characters without cyberware were more versatile and adaptable. That, or the 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' -clause on character backstories. You know, the whole 'everything you write about your character is true - from a certain point of view'.

25. Hard to come up with a single example, but anything that makes you look beyond the simple result of the die roll.

26. Actual Play Podcasts ;-)

27. Traveller(s) of the (Star) Frontier(s)

28. I like CoC a lot, but I don't think I can get to a correct mood anymore.

29. I guess these days I mostly frequent the WotC site. I used to have an extensive list of RPG and miniature blogs bookmarked, but trying to keep up with them consumed way too much time.

30. Dame Judi Dench/Vin Diesel -combo fills my heart with joy.

31. Marriage (ongoing)

#163 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

16. The follies of youth.. We tried 24 hour sessions several times, and although technically made it, after 12 hours mark the gaming was - sporadic, at best.

Have you tried doing it as a relay race, instead? If you could recruit a sufficiently large number of players (and GMs), people would be able to take breaks during your PnP marathon, without having to halt the game entirely.

24. In Shadowrun, I did not like that it did not matter whether you had 6 or 0.01 points of Essence if you did not use magic. So I made a rule that for each full Essence point, a character would have a 'floating' skill point that could be temporarily added to a skill, and easily switched to another skill during downtime, so that characters without cyberware were more versatile and adaptable.

That's a rather ingenious way of providing a game mechanical carrot to complement the traditional stick of cyber psychosis. :)

31. Marriage (ongoing)

Ah, so you followed Lindsay's wise example, and married your GM, perhaps? :P

#164 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

Ooh, more answers from Telemergion on his blog page! :)

But, since I like my current group and they would never be able to play in that room, I rather like my current setup which is just my computer and aged, but still comfy, computer chair. The benefit is I can totally play in my boxers if I feel like it and no one complains!

Too bad that the name "Pantsless Gamer" is already trademarked by another group on the site. ;)

MnM allows them to build just about anything they want, and encourages them to try and break it.

Hmm, oddly enough, I don't think anyone on the site has ever recorded/released a Mutants & Masterminds play session. Might be an interesting addition. :)

However it usually just bends a little and everyone is happy.

That's what she said.

As I said, I really didn't have a lot to choose from. It's either that or the fact that I have a DMPC sorcerer right now who only learns spells if they get cast on him.

Ooh, he's a Blue Mage? :D

At the moment one idea that's tickling my brain is a campaign I've put off running yet again in favour of others, but it's a pirate-themed DnD adventure on the Inner Sea of the Forgotten Realms setting, but heavily inspired by tone and maybe some elements ripped off of the One Piece series.

Dude! :D That sounds great - but don't let Ron from the Pretend Wizards AP podcast hear about it, or he might insist on joining the game; he's been raving about the idea of a One Piece-flavored pirate RPG for ages. :)

But I would have to say there's one font of inspiration that I owe a lot to, and that's actually our very own Hal. Listening to him run the 4e games that got me listening to the site, Rolemaster, Largest Dungeon, and others really taught me a lot about how to be a good DM and how to relax and have fun while doing it horrify your players with a sanity-blasting portrayal of Santa Claus.

Fixed that for you. ;)

QUESTION THE TWENTY-NINTH: Favourite RPG website/blog
If anyone answers anything but RPGMP3.com I move that we throw them under a bus.

Sorry to break the news to you, but it seems like there might be some people (on other sites, admittedly) who have given, or are planning on giving, answers that are not, in fact, RPGMP3.com. :P

And sometimes it feels as though there is a great and omnipotent being who controls our fates by his whim, and he is a sadistic motherf****r who will never get a girlfriend because his face looks like pizza and he still lives with his mom.

Y'know, if God is a GM, it would explain a lot about the world. For example, platypi are totally a homebrewed creature.

#165 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

Ooh, more answers from Telemergion on his blog page!  :)

At least I know somebody is reading these

Hmm, oddly enough, I don't think anyone on the site has ever recorded/released a Mutants & Masterminds play session. Might be an interesting addition

I really would like to contribute but my players are opposed to it. Anytime I bring it up they just get uncomfortably silent for a while and then leave the room. It's either they have no interest in doing it out of either fear of being broadcast publicly, or they're already doing it on a competing site and they don't want me to know about it because my blood runs whatever is our official site colour.

Ooh, he's a Blue Mage?

Sort of, and great link, btw. I loved that comic. He's a draconic bloodline sorcerer whose powers were latent until the party captured him and tortured him with magical spells. He's using them as a means to an end, now. I've no idea why they've decided to trust this neutral evil leader of a bloody revolution who is super racist and who doesn't care much for any of them, but players are weird sometimes.

Dude!  :D That sounds great - but don't let Ron from the Pretend Wizards AP podcast hear about it, or he might insist on joining the game; he's been raving about the idea of a One Piece-flavored pirate RPG for ages.

I know! Well if he does hear about it, and he can convince some of his friends who don't have issues being recorded, and he can find a date that works for me, and he doesn't care too much about me playing very fast and loose with FR lore, then maybe I'd let him. 

Sorry to break the news to you, but it seems like there might be some people (on other sites, admittedly) who have given, or are planning on giving, answers that are not, in fact, RPGMP3.com.

I meant from this site. If they have pre-existing ties to other sites then that is unfortunate but I would never ask them to betray their beliefs over a silly internet quiz. That comes later when we stage armed raids on their base of operations.

Y'know, if God is a GM, it would explain a lot about the world. For example, platypi are totally a homebrewed creature. 

Start with basic beaver creature, add duck template, give poison attack, adjust CR to make them adorable. 

#166 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

Ah, so you followed Lindsay's wise example, and married your GM, perhaps? :P

Well, since it happened -97, no. And it was more like recruiting a co-GM, anyway.  :rolleyes:

And never say never - Yesterday I received a note about Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes + Hammer and Forge add-on Kickstarter - and I have to say I'm sorely tempted.

#167 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 447 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

I now have reliable internet again so:

3: If supplements are allowed then HotOE. If actual games Age of Rebellion

4: Paranoia is the most surprising game as you can never be sure where it is going to go apart from badly. 

5: Bundle of Holding Bundle of History 2

6: Call of Cthulhu

7: Not played it but I intend to play Forgotten Futures which has lonts available for free at http://www.forgotten.../game/index.htm

8: The RPG episode of the IT Crowd.  http://theitcrowd.wi...i/Jen_the_Fredo

9: Possibly Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight series

10: A tie between Pelgrane Press and Cubicle 17

11: Ken Hite

#168 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 447 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:00 AM

12. Not quite sure if it counts as an illustration but when I was a wee whippersnapper I saw a poster in WEG Star Wars for joining the Imperial Military that I thought was great. Not quite sure what it says about my Star Wars affiliations as a kid though.

13. Fear the Boot if we are counting non AP podcasts.

14:Dice although I do like interesting items for benny tokens when playing Savage Worlds. For Weird War 2 I had deactivated bullets and used a WW2 aircraft recognition deck of cards.

15: A couple of years for DnD 3E. Some published material, some not.

16: I reckon 12 hours.

17: WFRP 2ed

18: D6 Star Wars Although I think soon The new FFG Star Wars may overtake it.

19: Not played in any but I want to try and run MWP Marvel Super Heroes and Squadron UK,

20: Call of Cthulhu

#169 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 447 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

21: My favourite RPG setting is probably Forgotten Realms but could change to Numenera soon.

22: My friend Craig's loft. Many hours were spent around that table there.

#170 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:22 AM

So, anyone doing #RPGaDAY this year?

1468065859171.jpg

August 11: Which gamer that you have played with has most affected the way that you play?

If you include "gamers that you have listened to on a podcast", most of the people on this site are probably gonna mention Snootington... err, Splug... um, Hal. ;)

#171 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 447 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

For the 24th I would be most like to give Fate Accelerated to people. Cheap, quick and good astoundingly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge