Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

Looks like there's a new version doing the rounds:

#142 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

ANOTHER CHALLENGE?! How then shall I answer this daunting supply of questions? It shall not before I sleep, nor will it be in this thread. I wonder where it will end up....

#143 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

Rar! Challenge defeated. It's right over /flex there. Y'know. If you want to check it out. I don't care. Whatever.

#144 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

Oh dear @Telemergion, you answered them all at once, impressive. I shall need to peruse and silently judge you for your choices XP or loudly approve.

I should go and attempt to finish last years and take a whack at this year's as well.....It'd be something to do while editting audio.

#145 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

Yes. I am like a beast that way. A beast with CR over 9000!

#146 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:00 PM

I had some time acting as a body pillow while my daughter napped. Among reading Thor and Xmen comics I filled out the first one. Because he spelled deity correctly.

1 - third grade (age 10) Red Box D&D after school.
2 - Human
3 - Barbarian (d12 hit dice d12 great axe hooray for d12's)
4 - Mystara for published by my best friend's home brew world is the top
5 - clear blue d12 left over from flea market red box I picked up as a kid.
6 - Ixion
7 - Rules Cyclopedia
8 - fighter from a light hearted 2nd Ed game. Dude, son of Stud, Hero of The Beach.
9 - a wemic from complete book of humanoids
10 - surfing over the wall of a castle on a wave of holy water that crashes onto a vampire on the battlements with a wizard on my shoulders who fireballs a tower as the wave hits.
11 - Fate of the Vigilant, a dungeon call classic module I ran for my wife and some friends.
12 - I like hex crawls. The Isle of Dread was a blast for me.
13 - Mage Maze, another Dungeon Crawl Classic short module.
14 - the local dwarf elder
15 - Lich with pipe organ
16 - umber hulk with banjo
17 - dire wolverine with fighter chew toy
18 - Xorn with accordions
19 - shambling mound with theremin
20 - one-eyed Hill Giant with bass drum named Riley
21 - Adult Blue Dragon with harp
22 - Giff chorus
23 - stirges
24 - prismatic spray
25 - handy haversack
26 - wineskin (full)
27 - mirror of opposition
28 - see #8
29 - no idea. Probably 18 when my crit range was 19 and I'd have to roll a 1 to miss.
30 - first session of 3.0 at college after a friend picked up at GenCon release.

#147 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

It's that time again...

Hey folks,

You may have noticed a hashtag floating about the net today, #RPGaDay. It was started as an idea over on the Autocratik blog that during the month of August (GenCon month) gamers should answer questions from a set list.

I was thinking it might make a nice forum thread :)

rpg-a-day-2015.jpg

mib1.gif

#148 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:00 AM

And I really hope to see a spike in referral traffic on the 29th ::cough cough::.

Ooh, and look at that! Special guest star: James Wallis! (The guy who sank the Wufrup barge.)

#149 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:18 AM

Cool - guess we have some catching up to do... Go Minions GO!

1 - I have to say I am quite excited about the news that Vampire The Masquerade is getting reworked and re-released for its anniversary :) Oh and let us not forget the glorious news about a new version of Kult... (dances)

2 - Wolfsnap's current Kickstarter endeavor aside :) (Psst! Go back it!) I am quite excited that I back the Conan Board Game and a bunch of other little tiny games that I just want to own :D

3 - I know it is a cop out but I am going to say DnD5. It plays so much more like where I started that I really enjoyed it. I would love to get a face to face table game going with it and then I think it would really really shine :)

4 - Not even sure how to answer this one? Does it mean a game I thought would be terrible but actually turned out OK? Because I love all games - even the terrible ones :)

5 - I have a Paizo subscription so it is likely something from them (the last of the Giant adventure path would be my guess)

6 - Pathfinder under the guidance of GM @Lockhart as we try to get back into Shattered Star :)

There all caught up - now its your turn.... do it! Do it! :D

Hal :hal:

#150 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:21 AM

Not much time but 1: Timewatch RPG

2: Achtung Cthulhu Lots of nice stuff and I'm still getting PDFs

more to follow

#151 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

No time to fill out yet. But this piece gets me thinking for it:

http://www.vice.com/...e=vicetwitterus

Thanks to @BigJackBrass for retweeting.

#152 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

God darn it, Monkey. I just did this!

Oh well, time for Round 2 which will once again be answered over on my blog because I have nothing better to put on there, apparently. FIGHT!

#153 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:09 AM

Part 1 is up!

This one's a lot harder. It asks questions with answers that you actually have to know. I am not a fan!

But oh my god do I have a good answer for question 12.

#154 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

QUESTION THE SEVENTH: Favourite Free RPG

I have never played it. My god I want to play it but we have not played it yet. Maybe now that we're doing semi-regular tabletop nights I can campaign for this again because dear god I want to play it. It's called Mobile Frame Zero and it's a mech combat game except you can use just about anything for the mech models - including LEGO!

I was just about to comment that this game looks quite similar to Mechaton... but as it turns out, there's a good reason for that: MFZ is apparently an updated version of Mechaton, with a new and fancier name. (Hmm, do you think they still call their powered full-body LEGO-exoskeletons "Ptimanaya", due to that humourous typo when someone was trying to write "Pitman", and mistyped it as 'Ptiman'?)

QUESTION THE NINTH: Favourite media you wish was an RPG

I legitimately don't understand this question.

Well, here's Autocratik's answer, which might help elucidate what they actually meant:

#155 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:39 AM

QUESTION THE NINTH: Favourite media you wish was an RPG

I legitimately don't understand this question.

Hey @Telemergion, here's another dude asking the real questions (you might even recognize their name from one of the previous RPG challenges you performed): ;)

Ummm...

RPGaDay%2B2015_9.jpg

Favorite...media?

Media%2BDefinition%2B1.jpg

I'm sure he's not asking about my favorite RPG based on gases, and liquids. That must mean...

I've always wanted to see an RPG based on Newspapers. Set in the era before television, the players are cub reporters, photographers, and stressed out editors covering the big events of the time. Battle rival papers, compete with those over-blown, no-talent radio hacks (those aren't REAL newsmen!), and Stop the Presses!

Fourth%2BEstate%2BRPG%2B1.jpg

Yeah! That'd be awesome.

Hmmm...I wonder. Could the question be asking something else?

Nah, this guy is British, not to mention a professional Game Designer, and writer. Surely he is aware of grammar, and vocabulary.*

Surely.

AD
Barking Alien

*I apologize for the good natured jab. I kid, I kid.

#156 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

See, Barking Alien knows what's up. That was exactly my reading of the question as well, though I would have gone with radio. I mean, we've already got all this podcast stuff set up, surely that'd be an easy transition. We could just roll dice and talk about things. It'd be perfect! But I didn't make that joke because I had already been rather pedantic earlier in the post and I didn't have enough material to fully flesh out my comedic criticism.

Watching the video of the guy who I guess wrote these questions (?) I am utterly convinced that I made the wrong decision and no more will my voice be silenced because what I am saying isn't nearly as funny as I think it is. This is a man who MUST be stopped and I am just the kind of unknown, unimportant, unfunny vigilante to deride him from the sidelines. I'm not the hero you need, or deserve, or even want, but I'm the guy that has a blog!

#157 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

Watching the video of the guy who I guess wrote these questions (?) I am utterly convinced that I made the wrong decision and no more will my voice be silenced because what I am saying isn't nearly as funny as I think it is. This is a man who MUST be stopped and I am just the kind of unknown, unimportant, unfunny vigilante to deride him from the sidelines. I'm not the hero you need, or deserve, or even want, but I'm the guy that has a blog!

blogman.jpg

#158 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:00 AM

Ooh, look! Telemergion wrote another blog post about RPGaDay 2015. :)

QUESTION THE ELEVENTH: Favourite RPG Writer

Easy one. Because I don't think I've ever paid attention to the people who write the adventures I've played, I can only answer with the only name I actually remember. Me! I have written all of my favouritest games, and the ones my players talk about the most. Simply put, I am great and people should pay me to do this for a living.

True. :)

PS: The were-moose was most impressive.

#159 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

I am great and people should pay me to do this for a living.

True.  :)

Your faith in me, despite me contributing no evidence to the contrary because my group gets awkwardly silent anytime I bring up sharing our adventures on this site, only further inflates my ego and assures me that I am correct. Thank you, Monkey. Thank you!

#160 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:57 AM

I'm in the process of moving house so I'll have to do a bulk update towards the end of the month when my broadband gets sorted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge