• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RPGMP3 Newsbot

RPGMP3 Newsbot

Full Of Awesome

• Inner Circle
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

With a stalwart devotion to honor and justice, the Dragonborn have devoted themselves to doing good throughout the Realms. We are proud to announce that with the release of Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons, Neverwinter players can now join them in this crusade with their very own Dragonborn characters!

View the full article

#2 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 446 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Ok. I've decided to download Neverwinter and see if it is any good. Not really got into any MMOs so I'll be interested to see what this is like

#3 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

It's sort of based on DnD 4th Edition rules - I am playing through it at the moment.

The golden rule is - don't give them any of your actual money ;)

#4 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 446 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My PC has been having issues. Cheers for that tip :). I've also heard that it is coming to the xbox next year so I may give it a little try on the pc and then leave it til then as I prefer my electronic gaming on the consoles.

#5 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:48 AM

By then they will have ironed out all the glitchy bits - not that there are many.

#6 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

I've been playing Neverwinter for a few days. It's absolutely identical to every other MMO I've tried. Parts of it are fun, but all of the balancing and upgrading mimics the elements of D&D that stopped me from playing D&D...

Terrific played with friends in a group; personally I'm finding it tedious when played alone.

#7 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

I've been playing Neverwinter for a few days. It's absolutely identical to every other MMO I've tried. Parts of it are fun, but all of the balancing and upgrading mimics the elements of D&D that stopped me from playing D&D...

Terrific played with friends in a group; personally I'm finding it tedious when played alone.

I concur but have found the answer.  I lucked out and married someone who likes MMOs and so I have a ready-made group to game with in my living room.

LAN party!

PS - We now have no social life but I have a level 44 control wizard so I think that evens out.

#8 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

That's certainly one solution :)

Dipped in again this week: discovered a bug when I killed the Red Wizard and the game didn't seem to notice, leaving me stuck and unable to finish the mission. Google suggests it's a well-known problem from at least a year ago.

#9 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

There are certainly buggy sections - we've found that many of the Foundary quests have problematic bugs - insurmountable waist-high walls for example.

Never happens at the tabletop... unless the PCs randomly want to take a boat to Illyria and the GM hasn't prepped for that yet ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wotc dnd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge