• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:23 AM

Tumblr is a great place to hang out, if you're looking for RPG source material, play aids, character portraits, funny anecdotes, and more. (You might even find some RPG-related stuff on my own Tumblr. *Nudge nudge* *Wink wink*) If you find a good roleplaying Tumblr to follow, feel free to post a link here.

To set the tone, let's start out with this one:

tumblr_n626wvII3K1qehzoyo1_500.png

Dedicated to my party.

Our rogue that that died in the first action of our first fight in our first game.

Our cleric that rolled snake eyes on his fancy perception check.

And my own warden, who ends up with the map despite negatives in dungeoneering.

Lair-Master has a list of intriguing character ideas; here are some examples:

• Fun Barbarian Idea: A woodcutter’s wife who has a sausage for a nose as the result of an encounter with a mischievous djinni. She erupts into a homicidal rage at the slightest mention of her pepperoni proboscis.
  • Fun Bard Idea: A male stripper who was mistaken for a professional adventurer while wearing his “hot knight” costume. His magic striptease captivates all who gaze upon it, stupefying them with hypnotic undulations.
  • Fun Rogue Idea: A hatter who moonlights as a poisoner and suffers from chronic mercury inhalation. She delights in devising unique methods of delivery, among them her fedora, which has a chakram built into the brim and is coated with black adder venom.
  • Fun Wizard Idea: A mathemagician who has discovered all things can be quantified using a universal system of numbers. She carries with her a bag of seven polyhedral dice and practices arithmancy to gain forbidden knowledge.

Out of context D&D is one of the finest repositories of gaming quotes on the net. (Apart from RPGMP3, of course.)

"He’s taking a stealthie."

—The gm describing how one of the NPCs at the scene of an exploding car wast trying to take selfies… but stealthily.

"I apply ample lube to all the peasants."

—Ship’s weapon’s officer, trying to make peasant railguns work.

• DM: Why don’t you just change your class to “dominatrix”?
  • Player: Says the dungeon master.

"Is crying a free action?"

—our cleric during the first session after being seperated from the group in an unfamiliar city, knocked out, robbed blind, peed upon and left in an alley.

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Courtesy of Wil Wheaton:

wkZhp.png

And remember to check out @ Heather 's Tumblr page for more of her artistic activities.

Looking for soundtracks?

tumblr_n5f3ymfQzY1rs8c03o1_500.png

Great for the sci-fi writer or artist who wants to get into the mood, or just to be inspired. Also great for just being a big dork and pretend you’re on a spaceship.

tumblr_n5s9hk1Auh1rs8c03o1_500.png

In contrary to my sci-fi background sound post I’m now here to fill your medieval fantasy needs. Perfect for the fantasy writer or artist, and of course for dorks like me that likes to pretend I’m in some fantasy world.

@ Lockhart and other accountant/GMs will want to check out this Tumblr that welcomes GMs, writers and yes, even accountants:

Are you a writer? Sequential Artist? Addicted to roleplay? Are all your characters also a writer, sequential artist, or roleplay addicts?

Are you a nurse who cringes during House? Or a CSI and want to kick Sherlock’s writers in the teeth? A programmer who thinks THIS SCENE from Swordfish is the height of comedy?

Are you tired of every character you make being a doctor, lawyer, or famous actor with you knowing nothing about any of those jobs?

What the fuck do accountants do anyway?

Then share your experiences here! Help storytellers looking to broaden their career knowledge by providing information on your unique career history and current job.

Remember, no matter how boring you think your job is, there’s definitely someone out there thinking wrong-thoughts about the bullshit you have to do everyday. So here’s your chance to correct that little boo-boo.

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:16 AM

http://grimdarkthroe...st/88811388331/

tumblr_mrk7dtpSL71qecykjo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mrk7dtpSL71qecykjo3_500.jpg
tumblr_mrk7dtpSL71qecykjo3_500.jpg
tumblr_mrk7dtpSL71qecykjo4_500.jpg

I’m telling this story again b/c fuck it but anyways I was playing D&D and one of my friends went “brown bear brown bear what do you see” and on cue three of us turn to him and like, death metal screech “ALLLL”.

The dude goes completely pale faced. I saw true horror in his eyes.

He didn’t know the joke.

So apparently dude just had three of his best friends demonically screech at him for no goddamn reason.

I do not think I will ever cause that level of sheer terror and confusion ever again in my life.

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

How to roleplay

tumblr_n7bx4qzUt81teh89bo1_500.jpg

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

tumblr_mz0masPNTf1t11ygjo1_500.jpg

Are you looking for a blog that's all about gelatinous cubes? Like, you just can't get enough of those jiggly jelly cubes? Then check out GelatinousCubes.Tumblr.com, where you can find tons and tons of gelatinous cube-y goodness, including these nifty paper minis:

tumblr_na1smdajdZ1tq8nszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n6paknU7sb1tq8nszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n5gqjjlhPv1tq8nszo1_500.gif

For a wider selection of paper minis, visit Printable Heroes:

tumblr_n7fddfqSNO1twabyxo1_500.jpg

Download the Dungeon Monsters set here:

PaperMiniatures_Monsters_Set_01.pdf

Set includes art for:

Gelatinous Cube, Treasure Chest Mimic, Cloaker, Roper, and “Krafty” the Ochre Jelly.

tumblr_n7qtj3LrcL1twabyxo1_500.jpg

Download Undead Set 01 here:

PaperMiniatures_Undead_Set_01.pdf

Includes art for:

Ghoul, Deathknight, Ghoul Lord, and Skeleton.

tumblr_n7ftawGGgY1twabyxo1_500.jpg

Download the Heroes Set 01 here:

PaperMiniatures_Heroes_Set_01.pdf

Set includes art for:

Half-Elf Caster, Halfling Rogue, Human Fighter, Elf Ranger, and a Human Caster.

BTW @ Hal , take a look at the comments on this Tumblr post - looks like RPGMP3 has fans in many places. :)

#6 Tulty

Tulty

Goblin

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

My Tumblr name is stormstoker, I'm the second recommender! ^_^

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

Any other RPGMP3 fans who have their own Tumblr accounts might want to follow The RPGMP3 Fan Blog, where all kinds of site-related goodness will be posted. :)

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

tumblr_ndd591CXmV1u05pblo1_1280.jpg

Writing a historical novel means knowing how far they can travel on a horse, This is good info right here.

tumblr_n2l5t6ZAla1ro2bqto1_500.jpg

Leprechauns and giant leech by David Sutherland, page 60 of the AD&D Monster Manual by Gary Gygax, TSR, 1977. There are other creatures who step out of their picture borders or even eat them, but this is the best example of a mischievous entry escaping its place on the page.

tumblr_nl9ts4uF7n1ro2bqto1_500.jpg

On second thought, let’s not go to Thar. It is a silly place. (Jim Holloway from The Orcs of Thar, Gazetteer #10 by Bruce Heard, TSR, 1988.)

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

Ooh, look! Lindsay is on Tumblr, at Violet Peacock Millinery!

tumblr_m6kg53ojGK1rsze73.png

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

tumblr_nonw5drCCM1r76jb7o1_540.png
blog alignments

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:50 AM

tumblr_ntx6a7O6Me1uaxtbdo1_540.jpgtumblr_nu4ntqTqlP1uaxtbdo1_540.jpg
Source.

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:35 AM

tumblr_nlimjiijI61ro2bqto1_540.jpg

Trick or treat, smell my feet. New recruits in the Legion of Thar undergo rigorous training and inspection. (Jim Holloway, The Orcs of Thar, Gazetteer #10 by Bruce Heard, TSR, 1988.)

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:32 AM

tumblr_o0ckgmivbC1ugu8nco2_r1_540.jpg

The fact that Rey’s natural weapon is a pole/quarterstaff thing makes me really hope this is where she’s headed.

I am really hoping for this, except with a longer handle in the middle and a shorter blade on each end. Tell me she couldn’t engineer that, I dare you. And it would be cool.

OR she could keep her normal weapon and pimp it out with lightsabers.

tumblr_inline_o0lua9COPF1tcenyv_540.jpg

Kylo Ren would be so jealous.

tumblr_inline_o0m01g3lI31tcenyv_540.jpg

Source.

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 08:07 AM

tumblr_ngl53sn6Ib1qkc6h9o1_540.jpg

Really hoping that @ Hal and @ Lockhart have middle names like 'Winstanley' and 'Nigel', respectively, so their anime titles would be Blood Hamster 9000 and Death Banana Eternal. :D

Oh, and @ Thing gets the title Endless Bride Outlaw, which is both pretty cool and fairly appropriate. ;)

#15 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

Actually Monkey mine would be Blood Zombie 9000 :)

Hal :hal:

#16 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

Hmmm. I would be Omega Princess Outlaw

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

tumblr_nmjtz9MsOG1ro2bqto1_500.jpg

Lead for the lead god, a 1984 Grenadier Models figure I need to finish prepping for the paint table. This originally was sold with a smaller figure in Fantasy Lords pack #102 “Demons”, then it was rereleased by itself as Fantasy Classics #321 “Orcus”. It obviously is AD&D Demogorgon’s body, though with heads more saurian than baboon-like plus an extra pair of smaller tentacles.

Naming a Demogorgon figure after his hated rival Orcus might have been an attempt to dodge copyright problems or just a simple mistake – but imagine an entire D&D campaign beginning with a sculptor delivering two new statues to the wrong temples and igniting a war between factions that spreads across the planes.

Hey, free plot hook! :) It does seem similar to the start of White Plume Mountain, IIRC, where the two temples of the river god and the crafting god, Bleredd and Whatshisface, almost start a civil war when their treasured magic weapons Wave and Whelm get stolen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge