3 replies to this topic

#1 lost_zeppo

lost_zeppo

Kobold

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:38 AM

Thought I'd kick off a thread to provide some details on our characters for the campaign. I'll post my character for now, hopefully the rest of our group will chime in soon.

KEVIN 'L0K1' RYBACK

Nationality: American

Origin Time: 1989

Former Profession: Bedroom Coder

Drive: Nowhere Else to Go

Appearance: Wavy black hair, bright blue eyes, slim build, wears blue hoodie and jeans, always wearing headphones around neck.

BACKGROUND

Kevin was a talented bedroom coder of the late 80s, doomed to an early demise courtesy of a drunk driver. Just another statistic. Except, when a mysterious rescuer intervened, his life was spared and time took on a new course. In the alternate future that resulted from his survival, Kevin went on to design a revolutionary piece of software a few years later: the first fully self-aware artificial intelligence. And, with its imperfect ethical programming, the intelligence known as ERIS would deem humanity too self-destructive to be left to their own devices, and decided to enslave them for their own good.

Timewatch stepped in to investigate the cause of the temporal disturbance and soon realised that Kevin was supposed to die. Rather than actually kill him, they faked his suicide by knocking him out, mem-tagging him and switching his body with a vat-grown, braindead clone.

This left Kevin without a life to return to, so he was offered a job and a new home with Timewatch. Though he does have occasional bouts of homesickness, he has taken to his new role with a playful sense of enthusiasm.

General Abilities

Chronal Stability 8, Health 8

Athletics 4, Burglary 4, Disguise 3, Preparedness 6, Reality Anchor 4, Scuffling 3, Shooting 5, Tinkering 9, Unobtrusiveness 4, Vehicles 4

Academic Abilities

History (Contemporary) 1, History (Future) 1, Research 1, Timecraft 1

Interpersonal Abilities

Bureaucracy 1, Charm 1, Falsehood Detection 1, Intimidation 1, Reassurance 1, Taunt 1

Technical Abilities

Forgery 1, Hacking 2, Notice 1, Paradox Prevention 1, Science! 1, Spying 1

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

Wait, what? Didn't you play a character called Altani?

#3 lost_zeppo

lost_zeppo

Kobold

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:41 AM

Altani is one of the 'iconic' pregen characters that will come with the game, we just used the pregens for the first session since it was going to be a short one and we just wanted to get used to the rules.

Kevin is my regular character for the campaign.

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:35 AM

Thought I'd kick off a thread to provide some details on our characters for the campaign. I'll post my character for now, hopefully the rest of our group will chime in soon.

KEVIN

Appearance: Wavy black hair [...] always wearing headphones around neck.

BACKGROUND

Kevin was a talented bedroom coder of the late 80s [...]

And somewhere, in an alternate timeline...

kevin-rose-and-businessweek-magazine-gal

And somewhere, in an alternate alternate timeline...

397px-Ryback_Jan_2013.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge