Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

File Name: Timewatch Session 00

File Submitter: lost_zeppo

File Submitted: 24 Apr 2014

File Category: Gumshoe

Genre: Sci-Fi
Profanity Level: Jolly Sweary Indeed

Demo adventure for the Timewatch RPG.
When a black ops team attempts to exploit naturally occurring temporal wormholes for their government's own ends, Timewatch sends agents Altani (Rob), Dr Leah Breen (Michael) and Vid (James) to intervene.

Click here to download this file

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

Remember to spread the word to other Timewatch fans, sir. :) For example, there's a thread on RPG.net dedicated to-

...Aww, too late. Someone beat you to it. ;)

#3 lost_zeppo

lost_zeppo

Kobold

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Pencil-Monkey, I'll post up on the Pelgrane Press G+ group as well. :)

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

And welcome to our second new group :)

@lost_zeppo feel free to post some stuff about the group in the related Chat forum I set up for you guys :)

Hal :hal:

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Apparently, there are so many (i.e. >1) roleplayers called Michael in Glasgow, they've had to give one of them the nickname 'Michael Prime'.

(Unless he's somehow related to Optimus.)

The guy who plays Altani - is that you, @lost_zeppo?

#6 lost_zeppo

lost_zeppo

Kobold

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Pencil-Monkey: Yeah, I played Altani, 'cause I loves me a warrior woman. :D

And yeah, there are two or three different Michaels at GUGS that I know of. Two Robs as well, which is occasionally confusing when you're one of them.

Hal: I'll check that out, just heading to bed right now, soon as I've uploaded the next session.

EDIT: Had to close the browser window before the upload was finished, was taking too long. Hope that doesn't mess anything up. I'll try again when I can spend a few hours uploading.

#7 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

Not sure what's wrong but when I click on the download link I get sorry we couldn't find that. Is this evil from the Sophosaurs?

It errors in both Itunes and Juice as well. The feed I am using is http://www.rpgmp3.co..._ap_podcast.xml . Is this correct?

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

@kendoyle69 That should fix it. It seems there was an issue with the directory we were pointing at.

Hal :hal:

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

GM: This disruptor design is very familiar to you, Dr. Breen. In fact, you probably made the original prototype! There's been a few minor modifications, of course.
Dr. Breen: What modifications?
GM: It works!

statler_waldorf_hahaha.jpg

LOLZ.

However, the audio quality in this recording was quite poor; the GM was barely a whisper, and when the audio was cranked up enough to make him audible, the background hisses and pops became very noticeable. (Not to mention the resulting bellows from the players.) :O You may wanna fiddle with your recording setup, try some different approaches. Are you guys playing via Skype or Google Hangouts, or some other internet meet-up?

#10 SignalGK

SignalGK

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

Doesn't the GM get a mention in the credits?

Owlbear, we were playing by Skype and using a dedicated Skype recorder program; first time I'd tried podcasting and yes there were some performance issues - not least because the connection failed several times and had to be stitched together from separate recordings afterwards.

Anyone got a better recommendation please let me know.

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Welcome to the site, Toad! :) (That word under your username is actually just a title, randomly generated based on the number of posts you've made; it's drawn from a list of Pathfinder/D&D monsters, somewhere.)

There isn't an official audio wrangling guide on the site, AFAIK, but there's a bunch of threads on the topic in the archives:

http://www.rpgmp3.co...quipment-setup/

http://www.rpgmp3.co...-conversations/

http://www.rpgmp3.co...-game-sessions/

You can ask @Hal to give you 'contributor' status, as well; that'll give you access to the super-shiny Contributor forums. (Basically, it's a place where the people who make the podcasts for the site, get together and have collective nerdgasms over their latest recording equipment, swap advice on the correct feeding & handling of audio codecs, etc.)

#12 SignalGK

SignalGK

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

Toad's better than most of my players have called me over the years :P

Sorry about that and thanks for the links.

#13 lost_zeppo

lost_zeppo

Kobold

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, sorry about that Jae, I was writing the summaries up more as an 'episode summary' sort of thing. I'd already done the same with both files for Session 1, but I'll be sure to add a GM mention in the next couple, once I've edited them for upload.

#14 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hello. I started queuing this up for a listen the other day and was a bit disappointed that the audio is separated, some people only speak into the right ear , some people only into the left. This is a common, but unfortunate, side effect of skype recorders I believe. I currently mostly listen at work, so having only one ear bud in to listen is a necessity to not be startled by office visitors or appear rude and closed off.

Do all the recordings in this series suffer from the two-ear problem, or is it fixed later?

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:05 AM

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:21 AM

BTW, Fandible recently posted a pretty good review of TimeWatch, with lots of discussion on its game mechanics, especially Paradox.

Playing TimeWatch again was like reuniting with an old friend... only to realize that they were actually a trio of bear cubs in a trench coat the entire time. You’re first happy and overjoyed to see it again. Then taken aback as you realize something isn’t right. You’re then confused… but it’s a good kind of confused. Because in place of a friend, you now have three adorable bear cubs to play with and a new trench coat to wear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge