• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

If you like storytelling games (*cough cough* @Daniel *cough cough*), check out the Storium kickstarter. It's already fully funded, so now they're just collecting stretch goals. Some of the people involved in the project so far include:

• Jason Morningstar (designer of the Fiasco RPG).
  • Leonard Balsera (ENnie- and Origin-winning lead developer of the Fate role-playing system).
  • Kenneth Hite (designer of Trail of Cthulhu and Night's Black Agents.)
  • Keith Baker (creator of the Eberron D&D setting).
  • Mike Lee (game designer and author of The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade).

Hey @ross - you're a fan of Scott Sigler, right? (Heck, you even had an audio bite from Infected as your ring tone, in one of the BAGgie episodes.) :)

Check out this stretch goal, that they recently unlocked:

SLAYERVILLE — Beneath the main street of a small Kentucky mountain town is a crack from which the supernatural pours into our realm to prey upon the unknowing — or would pour, were it not for the monster-stompin' clans of this tiny burg. Fight alongside the Huntersons, the Breakmouths, the Walkers, the Clampets, the Hatfields, the McCoys and the Crushers, families that have protected mankind for ten generations. Come to this land of Justified meets Ghostbusters, put your shoes up, and sit a spell. (By New York Times best-seller Scott Sigler, author of Infected.)

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

That looks pretty interesting... I like the idea of storytelling and it has a lot of cool people involved...

Hal :hal:

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

I'm not sold myself.  I can see it quickly getting bogged down in mechanical choice.  I suppose, like anything it'll come down to getting the right group of players together.  I would need to see more of how the cards interactive with each other to make a final judgement.

That said, this definitely doesn't look like the sort of game we'd end up trying.  I know myself, Alex & probably Jess may have the patience for it, but Regan definitely wouldn't.

That said, at the closing of Knights myself & Alex have decided to go shopping for a new system for the group -- we feel we're ready to move on from Savage Worlds after god knows how many years (4, 5?).  So feel free to chuck suggestions our way. :P

#4 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Interesting, but I've seen a few people try and do that in the past with limited success

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge