gamer.jpg

"I don't drink it, it's probably poisoned or cursed" - The Veteran Gamer

#42 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:15 AM

With the addition of some more Sword and Wizardry from the Pants Campers and a game of Chill from Whartson Hall we have just reached 1100 actual play recordings on RPGMP3 (and that doesn't include the handful we lost in the move last year)

Come listen to something awesome!

Thats insane!

Right? It's a heck of a lot of audio considering we average about 2 hours per session. I'll get @Thing to work out the actual number of hours for us

Oooohh 2 hours/uploaded episode. Now I get what you meant! (6-9 hours a session with the Swords & Wizardry stuff) >. <

#43 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:44 AM

Courtesy of @Haxxx, who sent this link to the RPGMP3 FB page:

Look who's on the list at number 7:

10 Sites to Make Your Halloween Games Better

7. Beyond the Mountains of Madness by Hal and the Long Tall Texans: There are times when you won’t be able to actually participate in a horror game for the holidays and if you’re in that situation this year than Hal and the fine folks at RPGMP3.com have you covered. This Call of Cthulhu adventure follows the normal ebb and flow of a horror movie with Hal expertly building the tension along the way as his players allow themselves to become fully immersed in the experience. The adventure begins with a light-hearted set up and ends with all the hallmarks of Lovecraft’s tales complete with some fantastic creepiness that lingers long after the game has ended.
[...]
Alongside the 14 session Cthulhu adventure RPGMP3.com has made it their mission to explore a wide array of settings and scenarios with the site administrator, Hal, leading the way. Yet what makes this site so enjoyable is the vibrant community within the forums and the varied podcasts that come out of the forums where community members explore more game systems and scenarios than Hal could ever do alone. Just a cursory glance will find podcasts playing Rolemaster, Call of Cthulhu, Dungeons and Dragons (3.5 – 5), and more! They’ve also completed two major campaigns: The Warlords of the Accordlands by the Bradford Adventuring Guild People (which ran a staggering 105 episodes) and The World’s Largest Dungeon by the RPGMP3 Crew (which ran 40 episodes).

Looks like the article was written by @popper AKA Charles Akins, who's previously showered glowing praise on the site in some of his blog posts. :)

#44 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:23 AM

Hal: I don't normally like these list type things but this one seemed appropriate - and is actually quite interesting.

Top 10 Most Famous Swords of the Middle Ages - Medievalists.net

desktop544d2550a8492.jpg

Vaughan: As I understand the legend of Arthur, the Sword in the Stone was not Excalibur, but a different sword. Excalibur was gifted by the Lady ion the Lake after the first sword was lost.

wtte2BW.gif

The New Smack Down Table by PandaBarBear - based on Hack Masters Expanded smart ass smack down table.

the_new_smack_down_table_by_pandabarbear

#45 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

CAQmWxRUgAENk33.jpg

Hal: Got to love how lame these usually turn out :)

Hal: I have Sonic Killer, The General of Asia... Quite quite lame indeed :)

Daniel C.: Tidal Tempter The watcher of metropolis

kendoyle659: Black Shot The Pestilence of Men. Hmmmm

@Heather would be Flare Killer, and her henchman @Lockhart would be the Grey Tyrant. :)

@Thing is Poison Shot, the Trickster of Gotham. :D

@BigJackBrass is... Killer Killer! llama_emoji_01__laughing___v1__by_jerikukao_emoji_27__laughing___v2__by_jerikuto

#46 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:28 AM

Hal: Lets get a bit of culture going over here - I particularly like the one that talks about killing Night Orcs and the human sacrifice substitute. Good advice...

"Here are some of my top wine picks."

Stuart C.: My wife showed me this last night, and as yet, no damn Night Orcs have got past *me!*

tumblr_nklzlwoHAZ1u53c30o4_540.jpg

tumblr_nklzlwoHAZ1u53c30o8_540.jpg

#47 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

So in the super villain stakes BJB is basically the villain version of Moon Moon :)

moon-moon-meme-funny-landing-pn-head.jpg

#48 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

So in the super villain stakes BJB is basically the villain version of Moon Moon :)

Anyone who's listened to one of the Whartsies' superhero (or supervillain) games - or, indeed, any of their games, period - will be able to attest to the fact that BJB is, most assuredly, the Moon Moon of (supervillain) gaming. ;)

Some of the other names are surprisingly accurate, as well:
  • @Isis (AKA Amelia from the Whartsie 'Nauts) = Red Doctor (It's funny, 'cause she is a doctor[ate])
  • @lordof1 (AKA Nick from the Whartsie 'Nauts) = Pale Lord
  • @WhiteKnight (AKA Mr. Steve from the BAGgies) = White Shot

#49 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

Red Cyborg The Immortal of Earth here.

#50 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

@Heather would be Flare Killer, and her henchman @Lockhart would be the Grey Tyrant. :)

@Thing is Poison Shot, the Trickster of Gotham. :D

@BigJackBrass is... Killer Killer! llama_emoji_01__laughing___v1__by_jerikukao_emoji_27__laughing___v2__by_jerikuto

Full Title: Flare Killer, the General of the Living.

Odd title I must say. How does one kill a flare? Absorbing the plasma radiation that causes the energy of the flare? Do I just snap and fingers and suddenly no fireworks/roman candles? Am I like that bic-thingy Dumbledore had in the Harry Potter books??  I would be a terror, to those scared to death of the dark... or heros made out of fire! Mweeeeheeeeheeee! 

Then again, General of the Living...What? Not much of a villain-y claim, considering a majority of what makes a villain is causing homeside. Guess Flare Killer missed the memo on that.

@Lockhart's Grey Tyrant would also be a Mercenary of Gotham, so he probably does the killing for Flare Killer? Humm.

#51 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

Perhaps you're Flare Killer, most ruthless of the Fashion Police.

Funnily enough, the superhero sitcom "No Heroics" included a villain called Lightkiller. His power was to turn lights off.

#52 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

Steve from the BAGgies: White Shot -The Horror of Women...
Hal : Dude - its like they know you
Steve: But they don't... until it's too late...

Oh, and it turns out that Max (Steve's kid, who has appeared in several of the BAGgies' gaming sessions), is actually Star Shot, the Monarch of Lust... :O

#53 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

20% is a rather high target, for some of the groups on the site. ;)

CBEuVyBUMAA-9x6.jpg

#54 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

11221288_10153285623733205_9151470904811

Chris (BEAR!): Ass Harbinger. I can live with that.

@Thing: Wench Maker. I feel this is one of those horrible magic items a Gm includes to mess with a party

@Heather = Fire Lover. :)

@Bullock Borneoake = Sea Holder. (Possibly a lesser-known cousin of the Be-holder?) ;)

@Lockhart = Ass Holder. :P

@Hal = Whore Eater! :D

#55 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

Well that's unfortunate - Whore Eater is not quite as cool as Storm Bringer. But I bet it gets some good kudos in niche circles :)

Hal :hal:

#56 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hmm. Meat Tamer.

#57 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

Mark: No new uploads since Mid-July?

Lindsay: Hal['s] workplace follows the Academic calendar so this week is the start of the year & thus the past few weeks have been busy for Hal. I'm less than impressed too ;)

Hal: Apologies - there are uploads in the Vault but this is a busy time of year for real world stuff. Lets see if we can get something released this evening... :) What would you like to see?

16kos37.png

#58 forgedchaos

forgedchaos

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationCanton OH

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

Speaking of Rolemaster, Is anyone in the RMU beta testing?  I have the Beta I just wish I had a group to test it with.

#59 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

Oooh, is it all shiny?

#60 forgedchaos

forgedchaos

Goblin

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationCanton OH

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

as shiny as Rolemaster Tables and Charts can be, they have out four books now Arms & Character, Spell, Creature and Treasure Law. I haven't read them too thoroughly because I haven't really had anyone to game with in years but I couldn't pass up a change to check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge