21 replies to this topic

#1 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

I'm thinking of opening a Ask Kasnas blog.

Basically:
You could submit a question in my ask box and I could make a mini comic of my character answering said question in character.

Shoot, it doesn't even have to be on tumblr, it could me on here and you could pm your zaney question.

#2 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Couldn't you link them so they feed each other?

Basically - here is good.

First question:

What products do you use on your hair?

:)

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

Fist question:

If Kasnas the dextrous Rogue declared a thumb war on Silvia's magical prehensile hair, who would win?

Hey @Lockhart, does Brunsk have any questions? ;) You may have to help him with the spelling, though. And the typing. And the not-bashing-the-computer-to-bits part, that's kinda important.

#4 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

First question:

What products do you use on your hair?

:)

HairProduct_zps84f5b348.png

Step 1: Wake Up.

Step 2: Soak hair in brine.  (The salty water makes the hair stiff and pliable)

Step 3: Smooth out.  

Step 4: Tease and style until satisfied

Step 5: Let dry and enjoy the day.

#5 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Fist question:

If Kasnas the dextrous Rogue declared a thumb war on Silvia's magical prehensile hair, who would win?

thumbs_zps5a426611.png

"This...worked out better in my head."

#6 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Step 1: Wake Up.

Step 2: Soak hair in brine.  (The salty water makes the hair stiff and pliable)

Step 3: Smooth out.  

Step 4: Tease and style until satisfied

Step 5: Let dry and enjoy the day.

Brine eh ... I guess it lasts longer in the sun that pigfat but it's not as striking - or a flammable ...

Very cool :)  Question answered!

#7 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Kasnas eats pigs only. Anything else, she tends to stay away from. XP

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

i-qwGfR2J-1050x10000.jpg

Tumblr can be dangerous, for gamers.

Kasnas eats pigs only. Anything else, she tends to stay away from. XP

Except at the end of the last Curse of the Crimson Throne episode, where Kas nearly ended up getting eaten by the piggies. ;)

More questions:
  • Is there an amusing (and possibly slightly embarrassing) anecdote that explains how Kasnas got her nickname, "Little Dagger"?
  • What does Kasnas spend all the money she steals acquires, on?
  • If Kasnas multi-classed as a wizard (or witch) and ended up at Hogwarts, which house would she join?

#9 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Just FYI and thanks to the gracious Mod Powers of @Lockhart

This lil' thread that once was "Any Tumblr-heads Out There?"

Has now been changed to "Ask Kasnas!"

Since I've been accepting questions here, might as well roll with it right?

#10 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

• Is there an amusing (and possibly slightly embarrassing) anecdote that explains how Kasnas got her nickname, "Little Dagger"?

LittleDagger_zps9bf12373.png

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

Leetel Daggah story

Does the site have a D'awww! emoticon?

marshall-how-i-met-your-mother-cute-aw-g

#12 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

• If Kasnas multi-classed as a wizard (or witch) and ended up at Hogwarts, which house would she join?

KidKasnas_zpsa716da41.png

I totally cheated! >.< I am a horrible person. http://2.bp.blogspot...inky-mohawk.jpg

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

That's not cheating - that's technique! :)

Seriously, drawing from photo references is a time-honored tradition, I've never heard or seen anyone bashing people for using it. In fact, a lot of the really top-notch artists use it extensively; for example, Tony Harris persuaded his friends and relatives to model for him, taking photos of their poses etc., when he did the pencil work for Ex Machina.

Follow-up question: Assuming that Kasnas wound up in the same year as the main characters of the HP novels, would she hang out with Draco in his leather pants? Help him get more creative with his Potter-bashing? Or would she stay away from the Blond Emo Bandit?

#14 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Draco: Oh..A disgusting dwarf.

Kasnas: Oh, a snotty human.

~Unless you are meaning Kasnas to be human in this universe, it's hard to say. XD

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

So, umm. Kasnas. There comes a time in, uh, every young lady's life where... Y'know, she has to ask herself a very, very important question. A question regarding a delicate and... intimate decision. A life choice, as it were. Aheheh.

Ahem. Here goes: Ninja or Pirate?

#16 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

So, umm. Kasnas. There comes a time in, uh, every young lady's life where... Y'know, she has to ask herself a very, very important question. A question regarding a delicate and... intimate decision. A life choice, as it were. Aheheh.

Ahem. Here goes: Ninja or Pirate?

Ninja_zps2c823331.png

#17 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

• What does Kasnas spend all the money she steals acquires, on?

pilferedcomfort_zpsf56e497a.png

#18 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

Very nice work! You've really gotten the hang of drawing Kasnas; now she's not only cute, she's cute in a highly consistent manner. ;) (I still haven't quite figured out how to draw her signature hairstyle so it looks the same every time.)

Also:

• If Kasnas could have a super power (flight, invisibility, ultra-strength, the ability to shoot webbing from her nostrils etc.), which one would she prefer? Follow-up question: Would she use her power for good (maybe a vigilante hero?) or become a villain, robbing the National Bank instead of picking pockets?
  • Kasnas already sports a punky haircut and plenty of piercings, but has she ever thought about getting tattooed? If so, what kind of ink would she want?
  • Does Kasnas have any idols or role models, specifically a rogue/thief/sneaky person that she wants to emulate? Robin Hood? Zorro? Aveline de Grandpr√©?

#19 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:18 AM

Sorry it's taken me so long to come up with responses as of late. LOTS of traveling has been involved and leaves me drained. Also, trying to figure out new computer: First time owning a MAC, excitement. ^^: 

#20 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Very nice work! You've really gotten the hang of drawing Kasnas; now she's not only cute, she's cute in a highly consistent manner. ;) (I still haven't quite figured out how to draw her signature hairstyle so it looks the same every time.)

Also:

• If Kasnas could have a super power (flight, invisibility, ultra-strength, the ability to shoot webbing from her nostrils etc.), which one would she prefer? Follow-up question: Would she use her power for good (maybe a vigilante hero?) or become a villain, robbing the National Bank instead of picking pockets?
  • Kasnas already sports a punky haircut and plenty of piercings, but has she ever thought about getting tattooed? If so, what kind of ink would she want?
  • Does Kasnas have any idols or role models, specifically a rogue/thief/sneaky person that she wants to emulate? Robin Hood? Zorro? Aveline de Grandpr√©?

((Until I can get an art program that'll work for me in an ideal since, Kas will be answering in texts))

"Regarding to abilities, I'm pretty nimble..y'know, for a dwarf I guess. But having the power of invisibility, that'd be pretty cool. That way I wouldn't have to crouch or hide behind stuff, make my life easier."

tumblr_inline_mtq6p4ajd71rs86ha.gif

*goes to the next question and reads*

"Hmm...Well, that's a little tricky for me to answer, but I may as well be opened about it.  I don't trust a stranger to make a permanent mark on me. I did all of my own piercings, believe it or not. Not a lot of people have..'touching rights' when I'm concerned, y'know? No offense to my friends or anything, just... Giggles and Lamm really did a number on me emotionally. I have scars, which are kinda like tattoos. Come to think of it, they behave like tattoos don't they? Heh. Never gave it that much thought really. But, if I did consider getting one, it'd probably be a dagger, maybe with a rose wrapping around it, on the inside of either of my arms.  Maybe. Something to think about I guess as I move on and away from the past."

tumblr_inline_mtq6t3qrtV1rs86ha.gif

*flips page* 

"Oh wow. I haven't thought of him in a while. That's a long story and I haven't had enough ale to talk about it I think. A story for next time, alright?"

tumblr_inline_mtq91sxhSd1rs86ha.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: random, blog, kasnas, character development

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge