#41 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

Friends, Gentlemen, Creatures of the unknown. I inform you that, in order to be a member of good Societal standing, I shall refrain from such habits as skulking and loitering suspiciously around London. I certainly do not look down upon those of you that wish to engage in such exploits, and certainly would not refrain my ear if invited to hear of what rumours the night holds over a game of chess or cup of coffee. But I reserve my skullduggery for the detection of the undesirable element and the aid of others, and shall therefore keep it so.

In short, if you wish a partner to linger in the shadows of London's night, I recomend you send invitation elsewhere.
-L

#42 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

Dear Sir L

I do respect your decision. I wonder, however, if you do not mind being the subject of gossiping everywhere, when seen during some of your exploits?

Surely the ability to walk unseen can be vital during numerous occasions?

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant,

-C

#43 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

Heh.

But yes, it seemed that during my last exploit with that particular skill builder, certain social side stats took a bit of a dive. I dunno how important they all are, but I like to think of my character as not exactly a shadowy type anyway, and I have this itch about letting potentially positive numbers drop. So yeah, I'm probably going to deny those requests for now, so best not to waste actions. But a brawl, or chess, or coffee, still up for. Haven't seen any negative effects to those activities.

#44 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

Yes I think I know what you mean. You lose the "connected:society" when loitering.

I just loiter, when I don't have that quality at the moment or I spend it beforehand

#45 Gorion

Gorion

Kobold

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCandlekeep

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

On a similar note, Gentleperson Grand may just have to stop participating in such uncivilized behavior as random brawls. Entirely aside from being a being of mysterious and indeterminate gender who at least tries to be civilized, they always lose. Random fights are no way for a gentleperson to spend their time. At least until they increase their Dangerous trait somewhat drastically. ;)

#46 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

You can do that effectively by spending your hard earned lessons ;)

#47 Gorion

Gorion

Kobold

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCandlekeep

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

Oh I know, I just have this bad habit of concentrating on a single trait. On the other hand, they may have changed how my single favorite plotline worked. I got a pair of Connections cards and decided to earn some rostygold, then met up with the Cheery Man and started the Family and Law story. I could swear that used to be an opportunity card. I wonder what other plotlines I'm missing now...

#48 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

It seems you can unlock a weekly storylet by going to fallen london over a link on their facebook page.

There are monkeys for this one!

#49 Gorion

Gorion

Kobold

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCandlekeep

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

I do love me some monkeys. ^_^ I suppose I can cease my training to beat the shite out of I mean assistance with the local pest problems to give it a whirl.

#50 Gorion

Gorion

Kobold

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCandlekeep

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

So after royally futzing up the monkey weekly storylet, I decided to stop my single-minded pursuit of Persuasive and do the first adventures of each of the skills. About two days later, I've gained about 20 levels of Dangerous and I haven't finished the Clay Coleman's story. Also Dangerous plotlines seem to be few and far between, while I'm literally tripping over Persuasive ones. Am I missing something, or is Dangerous a rather underdeveloped path?

#51 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

Most of the other stuff in Watchmaker's Hill is similarly Dangerous.  Why not Brawl or Needle Wrestle at the Medusa's Head for example?

#52 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

Ambition: Nemesis is also a Dangerous (& Watchful) path.

#53 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

BTW: @Choothulhu has informed me that she is bringing her game to Fallen London as Choothulhu.

#54 Choothulhu

Choothulhu

Kobold

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationThe Moon. Cheesey, wot.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

BTW: @Choothulhu has informed me that she is bringing her game to Fallen London as Choothulhu.

More like trundling on helplessly!

#55 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, Wa

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

arrgh, like i needed another time sink.  Oh well, I am in as AndrewRJ

#56 Gorion

Gorion

Kobold

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCandlekeep

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Welcome to the community, delicious friend! ^_^ Trust me, it's more than worth it. The writing in this game is beautiful, and you can absolutely spend a handful of minutes every three hours or so on Fallen London without missing anything.

#57 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Everyone should send me lovely gifts for the Feast :)

I am currently trying to figure out what I was doing before I stopped playing a while ago :)

Hal :hal:

#58 Choothulhu

Choothulhu

Kobold

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

Well, folks, I can tell you, I'm having the time of my life playing dice with Death.

#59 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

How did it come to that? What if you lose?

#60 Choothulhu

Choothulhu

Kobold

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

I think I stumbled in via the carnival. It's a right bum-ache.

Essentially I have to either play dice (50/50) or chess (16 to me/ 74 to him) with Death until my wounds reach 0. Oh, or I get lucky and heal by picking the right opportunity cards.

Am in serious sulk mode :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge