Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

That should fix it :)

Welcome to the ranks for Site Artist - you should now be able to upload stuff to the Gallery.

And I'll look at getting something set up to alert folks when things change in the Gallery as well :)

Hal :hal:

#22 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Say no more, say - no - MORE! :)

*Nudge nudge*

*Wink wink* _lick__by_CookiemagiK.gif

A little online role-playing, eh? Slaying some dragons, know whattamean, know whattamean, say no more. ;)

Well, due to the fact that my computer suddenly doesn't like doing video calls/using Roll20 at the same time; I missed out on a good chunk of what Lockhart was saying, and vice versa. 

Sooo, we're recording things on Google Docs, so it's more or less in novel form.    LOTS of info crammed into two chapters so far. We may publicly post it in the future :3

#23 Twyst

Twyst

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

That should fix it :)

Welcome to the ranks for Site Artist - you should now be able to upload stuff to the Gallery.

And I'll look at getting something set up to alert folks when things change in the Gallery as well :)

Thank you, Mr. Bossman!

#24 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

sweet, less work for me.

#25 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:00 AM

Well, due to the fact that my computer suddenly doesn't like doing video calls/using Roll20 at the same time; I missed out on a good chunk of what Lockhart was saying, and vice versa. 
Sooo, we're recording things on Google Docs, so it's more or less in novel form.    LOTS of info crammed into two chapters so far. We may publicly post it in the future :3

Sounds cool. :) Are Jennifer and Andrea still playing?

#26 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

Sounds cool. :) Are Jennifer and Andrea still playing?

Um..We actually haven't played in forever now. Andrea's dealing with getting herself situated to move into an apartment across the country (Which I'm proud of her for: growing opportunities and such) and Jennifer's going to miss her terribly, dealing with the stresses of a new job, so on. 

We may just reboot once the dust settles again. We're not sure... >3<

#27 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

Perhaps @Hal could be persuaded to open a Play-by-Post roleplaying section on the forums. There's been quite a bit of talk about it recently, and there's already a bunch of people who're playing a Patrons-exclusive PBP game in the Patrons' area.

Um..We actually haven't played in forever now. Andrea's dealing with getting herself situated to move into an apartment across the country (Which I'm proud of her for: growing opportunities and such) and Jennifer's going to miss her terribly, dealing with the stresses of a new job, so on. 

We may just reboot once the dust settles again. We're not sure... >3<

You should get @Lockhart to run a one-off game of InSpectres or something, if and when Andrea and Jennifer find the time to play.It requires virtually zero preparations, rolling up characters only takes a couple of minutes, and you can play the game in short single-shot sessions with a concluded story, which means it's much easier to arrange than having to schedule regular gaming sessions to keep a longer campaign going. It's also outrageously funny. :)

Of course, the fact that you'd get the chance to draw (and play) some amazingly ridiculous characters is just a minor side-benefit. ;) Some of the previous YGG InSpectres games have featured (or mentioned) such memorable characters as:

• A sardonic time-travelling hobo with a talking hat.
  • A nerd-turned-social-media-mogul, dressed in a kids' Superman Halloween costume, and armed with the Suckamatron 3,000 (AKA The Roomba of Doom, or 'Doomba').
  • An amorphous blob called McGyver, armed with a Death Ray.
  • Bob.
  • An Eastern-European scientist with a dodgey (Transsylvanian?) accent.
  • A sentient, sapient chimpanzee called Chimpey.

#28 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Hal could be persuaded - perhaps in the Fun Stuff area or similar.

#29 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

What's the DC for "Persuade Hal"?

#30 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:48 AM

Hey @Heather and @Twyst and any other artists out there: If you're interested in participating in a 'Draw a scene from your favorite movie' contest, here's your chance:

http://findthemovie....movie-438063556

Deadline is 20th March, looks like there may be cash prizes for the top three entries. ;) (Not affiliated with the contest in any way, in case you're wondering, but the organizers are advertising for the contest by dumping notices on people's DA profiles and sundry places, so you might get a visit from them, yourself.)

#31 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

Have you considered playing an RPG that doesn't involve dice rolling? (Shocking as that idea may seem.) ;) There is a number of diceless tabletop RPGs on the market, one of them might work for you guys.

Alternatively, you could use regular dice and trust each other to play fair...? ;)

On a related note - what are the chances that @Heather might join @Hal & Co., @Thing and @Lockhart in one of the RPGMP3 ProMoFo games? Either Shattered Star (if the campaign survived the TPK) or a new Rolemaster campaign, or a one-off game of whatever.

Consider: On the one hand, you've got a talented site artist (i.e. @Heather) who is known for whipping up character portraits and assorted game-related drawings at the drop of hat d20, and on the other hand you've got the Mane Crew of site gamers, the group whose podcasts seem to garner the most attention (and listeners). Sounds like a perfect match. (Hal would probably be getting more drawings of his characters, for one thing.) ;)

#32 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

From @Heather's Tumblr:

Tackling a new project!   A dragon and a selection of villains for Halloween to make a friend’s coworkers jealous. XD

tumblr_inline_mua0zckyzf1rs86ha.jpg

It’s a-comin’-along!

tumblr_inline_mudcilOLN51rs86ha.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artwork, misc, gallery, moderators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge