• Create Account
DriveThruRPG.com
Photo

Been lurking for a while, should probably say hi.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, Wa

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hal, 

Just wanted to say I like the layout of the new site.   

I have been lurking for a while and have downloaded a fair amount starting with WLD.  I really have enjoyed the audio during the last few years and it has helped take my mind off the day to day that used to be my old job.

I started roleplaying back in the mid 80's as a kid with D&D and have tried a few other systems with a group of friends that I joined after college.  We have all gone our own ways at this point and I have had a job for the last decade that was very on call with a lot of travel, and nearly impossible to regularly attend any scheduled play.  (In fact I spent last May in Houston installing a gas pipeline under the Houston ship channel before heading to New York for a geologic study.)

As the job started wearing on me, the audio reminded me of the fun I used to have when I got to play more regularly and really was uplifting.  Thanks you all!  I was even able to sit in on the Strand Gamers Wednesday night game as I found out they were recording down the road from my old office.  

I have a new job with almost no travel and a lot less stress and hope start playing again.  We will see what the wife thinks about that.  In the mean time I will keep listening.

Andrew

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Welcome :)

Glad you are liking the audio - if you start playing again perhaps you can share yours :)

Hal :hal:

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Welcome, welcome! Say, do you like Rolemaster? If so, there's a thread you may wish to comment on. :)

#4 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi AndrewRJ

Welcome to the non-lurking world!

#5 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

Thanks all.  Since my commute has more then doubled with my new job, hopefully I will be listening a bit more.  Damn Seattle traffic.

edit... Spelling...  My god that looked like Ross there for a moment.

#6 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

yeah, I am fairly lucky that I can just walk off the ferry to my work in downtown Seattle and not need to deal with a car/traffic.  Of course I have to live and die by the ferry schedule which has its own challenges

#7 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

I understand.  I have been thinking about buying some land in Port Orchard/Southworth area and building a place then taking the Ferry as I now work on Harbor Island.  In theory it all works out, but being stuck to the ferry schedule is a big negative.

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

Thanks all.  Since my commute has more then doubled with my new job, hopefully I will be listening a bit more.  Damn Seattle traffic.

Seattle, eh? That means you could track down @Thing's private address and sneak in behind him, next time there's a Shatter Star game on, and appear in one of the sessions! :)

#9 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

I understand.  I have been thinking about buying some land in Port Orchard/Southworth area and building a place then taking the Ferry as I now work on Harbor Island.  In theory it all works out, but being stuck to the ferry schedule is a big negative.

Tempting.  I do the Bainbridge/Seattle ferry and I think its got about the best schedule of any of the boats, but I still have to watch timing if I go to a concert,etc.  Plus the extra time on the commute makes doing things in town on weekdays a bit more challenging if I want to get any sleep.

Hmm, Harbor Island.  I work at 1st & Marion, not too far away (as the crow flies)

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

I liked the ferries when Lindsay and I were up there and visiting with Thing and Mrs Thing :)

Also I approve the breweries and the sausages...

#11 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Seattle, eh? That means you could track down @Thing's private address and sneak in behind him, next time there's a Shatter Star game on, and appear in one of the sessions! :)

You always have to be careful around me.  Nick of the Strand Gamers posted where they were recording at (a public game shop) and I stopped in as my schedule allowed to listen in person for the next few months.

#12 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

I liked the ferries when Lindsay and I were up there and visiting with Thing and Mrs Thing :)

Also I approve the breweries and the sausages...

I don't have to take the ferries nearly to the extent that Thing does, but I still to this day enjoy taking them and I have lived here my entire life.  (I need to hit up a few of those distilleries that Thing has mentioned however)  I think one was on Bainbridge.

#13 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Tempting.  I do the Bainbridge/Seattle ferry and I think its got about the best schedule of any of the boats, but I still have to watch timing if I go to a concert,etc.  Plus the extra time on the commute makes doing things in town on weekdays a bit more challenging if I want to get any sleep.

Hmm, Harbor Island.  I work at 1st & Marion, not too far away (as the crow flies)

I have gotten coffee at that Starbucks before.  Not saying much really, I go to a lot of Starbucks.  Its easy when my sister is a Store Manager in Sammamish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge