• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

When you browse through the comments that have been made since the new site went online, one of the strongest recurring themes seems to be "Please, sir, can we have some more Rolemaster, sir?"

@Hal, @Lockhart and @Thing have all expressed varying degrees (from mild to voracious) of interest in ICE's finest. Ned AKA @Akira1121 has even offered to join the game, if it's played online (which it almost invariably will be).

Hal would probably end up being the GM, since he's got seniority in the field of Rulesmastering, and an expansive collection of books with crit tables in them.

The question is: how badly do people want to hear a new Rolemaster campaign? Would people be willing to commit to posting comments and discussions on the forum, in exchange for shiny new Rolemaster? (Since Hal seems to be desperate for more site activity, the best way of bribing him - aside from actually bribing him, with site donations - would be by letting him know how badly you want some RM, and how much you're willing to post about it.)

So c'mon everybody, make some noise! All together now: "(Role)master! (Role)master! Where's the crits that I've been after?" Headbang_Emoticon_by_d3monthesicko.gif_rock__by_MenInASuitcase.gif

#2 Dungnmaster001

Dungnmaster001

Goblin

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Ooh more Rolemaster would definitely be awesome. Rolemaster was actually what prompted me to become a patron way back when I found this site. I initially came when 4e first came out because I wanted to sample the game without actually buying the books or pirating. Then I discovered Rolemaster and was immediately hooked. I've sadly let my patronage fall into disuse for some time now partially due to funds being tight and partially because I haven't had time to listen to much audio, but both of those situations are slightly better off now so perhaps it's time to renew it (not as a bribe for more Rolemaster lol, just because the site deserves more than I've been giving it). But yes, more Rolemaster! :)

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:35 PM

Yes - Hal would like some more active traffic through the site - he seems lits of people wandering through (sometimes in large clusters) and he wonders why they so rarely post.

We have lovely audio but the forums are nice too. He sees the crap that gets posted to RPG.Net and similar and wonders why no one posts similar here :P

He loves the Rolemaster and if it might be that that brings back the throngs of eager punters to chatter and rave at the site then it might have to happen :P

Hal :hal:

#4 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Well if it was played online I would love to join. I've made a comment here or there on the APs I'm listening to, though I seem to have picked ones that don't update much or I need better comments. :) If I managed to get in on the ground floor, listening wise I'd probably be more likely to post since it wouldn't feel like I was dredging up a past no one might want to comment on.

#5 Dungnmaster001

Dungnmaster001

Goblin

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

If I managed to get in on the ground floor, listening wise I'd probably be more likely to post since it wouldn't feel like I was dredging up a past no one might want to comment on.

I find that to be true also. There were plenty of times recently when I was catching up on all the Shattered Star episodes I might have commented on something minor that happened but the episodes were all months old at that point and it didn't seem worth it to mention something that might not even be remembered by that point. I agree that coming into an audio at the start may encourage someone to post more since the conversation will seem more relevant. I am admittedly bad about lurking and not posting as much as I should but I'm trying to be more vocal. I'll try even harder if it mean we can get some Rolemaster action going :)

#6 The_Emerald_Flame

The_Emerald_Flame

Stirge

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

I would love to hear a Rolemaster game again, and if nothing else, I would be posting at least once per topic.Rolemaster is great :)  :D  :)  ;)

#7 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Are all releases still distributed to Patrons first? IIRC, there was a suggestion a while ago that the folks most likely to post on the forums were already Patrons and had said their piece in the Patron's area.

One possibility to encourage "forum participation": give the audience a limited say over some upcoming plot point. That doesn't work if the players are active on the forums, obviously, but the honor system might be sufficient.

#8 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

There was that character creation for a ringworld game that was supposed to happen.  

#9 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

Are all releases still distributed to Patrons first? IIRC, there was a suggestion a while ago that the folks most likely to post on the forums were already Patrons and had said their piece in the Patron's area.One possibility to encourage "forum participation": give the audience a limited say over some upcoming plot point. That doesn't work if the players are active on the forums, obviously, but the honor system might be sufficient.

Except for Patron exclusive audio, all audio gets released to everyone at the same time.

Also, for what it's worth, I have a pretty darn good memory and love the see the comments, so totally do chime in on Shattered Star or any of the YGG audio, even if it's old as the hills, and I'll probably responds or converse about it. I like some remeniscing, especially if it can lead to improved playing or GMing skill.

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

The reason most audio goes live to the main site is to prevent all the chat from getting trapped in the Patrons Area. :)

This way everyone gets some audio love. :)

#11 The_Emerald_Flame

The_Emerald_Flame

Stirge

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

I do love me some audio :D

#12 Haxxx

Haxxx

Raven

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

Yes please to Rolemaster. And I I'll try to be more active.

I actually find most new site audio a bit too combat heavy and prosidural. Rolemaster by its very nature has more flare to the combat.
More ROLE playing on the site and maybe some promotion on other podcasts will also help.

#13 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

More Rolemaster would be great! 

Does anyone who knows RM better than me know of any campeigns that would be fun to run / and listen to?

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Also, for what it's worth, I have a pretty darn good memory and love the see the comments, so totally do chime in on Shattered Star or any of the YGG audio, even if it's old as the hills, and I'll probably responds or converse about it. I like some remeniscing, especially if it can lead to improved playing or GMing skill.

2q23dvt.png

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

So far, that's 6 votes yay and zero nay for mo' Rolemaster. (10-0, if you count the putative players and GM.) ;)

I actually find most new site audio a bit too combat heavy and prosidural. Rolemaster by its very nature has more flare to the combat.

Considering the number of crit tables that are infamously nesting in the Rulemaster books, your mileage may vary, depending on how well-acquainted the GM is with the rules.

#16 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

Direct all comments to Hal, unless someone has a brain-chip to give me an instant upload of RM rules. :P

#17 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

More ROLE playing on the site

Plenty of roleplaying in our stuff. In fact iirc our latest campaign has something like three (maybe four) short combats through its entire course.

#18 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm happy to have a shot at running RM in Roll20 - it might be fun. Though I have a terrible tendency to not actually prep much for it which might be difficult with an online game that requires maps :)

We would have to figure it around the Shattered Star game. I think we all found it difficult running 2 games on alternate weeks.

#19 Haxxx

Haxxx

Raven

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Plenty of roleplaying in our stuff. In fact iirc our latest campaign has something like three (maybe four) short combats through its entire course.

I ment mostly the Lockhart and Hals Shatered Star campaign and the Skull and Shakles one. The dungeoncrawly aspect of it with Hal being a very subdude player Roleplay wise is wierd to me. The Skull and Shakles one is just by its very nature procidural with "On day X of the jurney you can ONLY do those actions". 

Also I quite miss the table talk in Rolemaster and the fun everyone was clearly having before and during play. 

#20 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

I think I need to let Niramour come out of him shell some more :) Perhaps I will make him a smiter of evil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rolemaster, bribery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge