#1 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

To satisfy some curiosity here, how do you listen to the fine selection of roleplaying here on RPGMP3? Or even some of the non-fine roleplaying.  :laugh:

I mostly listen on my way to and from work. It's a great way to make the almost hour commute more bearable. I tried listening at work but I'd get just a little too distracted and end up missing something important and replaying too much. Every now and then I do listen or watch at home but once again I get easily distracted and have to relisten or rewatch.

Anyway, what about you?

#2 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Generally I listen as I work. Unfortunately, a change in my role at work has reduced the amount of time I can spend with the headphones on, so I listen to rather fewer games than I used to. As I cycle to work I can't listen during my commute.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

I knew cycling was bad for you :P

Hal :hal:

#4 Dr_Jomster

Dr_Jomster

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

On the train to and from work for me. :)

#5 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Using blaring through my house while I'm doing various chores, or in my vehicle on my pilgrimages back to Yorkton and the return journey.

#6 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

At work in my cubicle whenever I dont have to make a lot of phone calls.  Also the ride home if it is a particularly good episode.

#7 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Whenever I'm walking anywhere outside or if I'm doing chores at home. I cycle to work so I can't do it then and there isn't time at work, apart from during a break.

#8 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, Wa

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Listen on the commute, or when I an doing a lot of data logging that is tedious.  Having 2 kids really prevents me from listening at home as they are always wanting my attention.

#9 MrGunpowder

MrGunpowder

Gentleman

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationQu├ębec

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

I listen at work, I can get trough 1-2 audio a day.

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

I wonder how many people have actually listened to all or most of the site audio...

I need to get back into the habit of listening to more audio either at work or on my commute.

#11 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 440 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

I listen whilst doing housework or walking places. As I don't have a car or a bike that is quite a bit of time.

#12 LightPagoda

LightPagoda

Captain One

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

According to itunes I still have 122 un-listened to episodes queued up.  Working through Tremulous and Lichmaster atm.  Going to go back and finish what is up from Shattered Star and Jade Regent eventually.  So I have listened to X-122 of X total sessions for a currently unknown X.

#13 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

I listen while working (though not all the time, sometimes I need to concentrate on work stuff), while commuting, at the gym, and while doing chores at home.

For the earlier releases (when Hal and Lindsay were back in England and when they had just moved to Texas), before all the other groups started releasing, I probably listened to nearly all of the audio.

Now that there are a mighty fistful of groups releasing audio here, my percentage is much less.  I'll forgive audio problems for groups I like, but new groups with bad audio quality usually don't get listened to.  

#14 Haxxx

Haxxx

Raven

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

While playing Minecraft at home.
I tried to listen to the One Ring session while creating Rolemaster characters from my phone at base but that dousn't realy work. I'm relistening to it now

#15 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

Usually I listen to shows first thing on the weekends as I lay in bed... but with the recent BAG glut, I loaded them onto my iPod and take them with me. It gets odd having "Bye!.... Hello!"

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

Usually I listen to shows first thing on the weekends as I lay in bed... but with the recent BAG glut, I loaded them onto my iPod and take them with me. It gets odd having "Bye!.... Hello!"

You should try using the 'shuffle' function, so you get a random session each time. It's like a nice surprise, a present for your ear holes! :)

#17 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

You should try using the 'shuffle' function, so you get a random session each time. It's like a nice surprise, a present for your ear holes! :)

That will make following the plot line rather difficult... (such as they have one).

#18 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

While I was employed, I'd listen at work, as it was a manufacturing gig, and I didn't often need to hear what was going on around me. Now, I'm going back to school for a year, and I listen while doing housework, so I listen a lot less.

Still, I've probably listened to most of the site audio, though certainly not all of it. Everything Hal's run, most of the Yorkton stuff, most of the BAG stuff (all of Accordlands), I think eveything by Whartson Hall, most of the Strand, some of Thistledown, some of OotAK, all of LED up through the point where there was a long hiatus... There are some gaps, which I'll be trying to fill in eventually as time permits.

#19 AndrewRJ

AndrewRJ

Raven

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, Wa

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

I wonder how many people have actually listened to all or most of the site audio...

I need to get back into the habit of listening to more audio either at work or on my commute.

Lets just say that once my finances stabilize a bit more I probably owe you enough money to take you an Lindsey out for a nice dinner. (at least become a patron if nothing else)

#20 Tulty

Tulty

Goblin

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

I'm definitely an on-the-move listener. I used to listen to WLD on the bus to school, and when I went for runs. Nowadays if I can work up the motivation to walk to Drama School, it's usually because there's a podcast to listen to. It's REALLY a lifesaver when I'm working, however, as I work in a library, and it can get really mind-numbing without something to distract the brain. 

I think the only audio I've listened to all the way through is WLD, Tomb of Haggemoth and Carrion Crown. I'm currently getting back into Mountains of Madness. however. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge