#1 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Hi All,

Just a quick post to tell you all where we're currently at in the home of the Keep-on Nimbic Or Captain Kicking Extremely Rudely Society.

Well we have "enjoyed" a brief respite from my tender mercies with Ross at the helm running Sundered Skies. As I understand it there are a handful of sessions to go, at which point normal service will be resumed (as soon as any of us are able to work out what normal is anyway). 

Just to give you a heads up on the up coming audio for the new year.

1. A mystery game.  
    Sorry I can't say any more, there are players who do look here occasionally.  All I can say is that the game will be based on the FATE engine, and should be unlike anything else i have run for the group.
  2. Science Fiction.  
    The players were asked to express an opinion of what they would like to play, and this was by far the most popular option.  Not quite sure where I'm going to take this as yet.  I have several options, both classic and new systems.  Just have to see what catches my eye at the time.
  3. More short games
    I have a lot of things I'd like to try out over the next 12 months and this may well include a number of short games of 2 - 3 sessions.  The systems may vary.  I'm currently still keen of Savage Worlds, but FATE is also pressing me to try it with this group.  My previous FATE experience being with Starblazer Adventures with different players.  There may also be some Gumshoe on the horizon, and maybe one or two less well known things.  You'll just have to wait and see.
  4. One off trials.
    I am hoping to be GM'ing at a couple of Con's this year.  
    In March I am signed up for the YSDC games day, where  I will be running a Cthulhu one-shot.  This will obviously require playtesting in the next month or so, though the upload may not be until after the con to avoid spoilers.
    Similarly I am hoping to GM at UK Games Expo this year.  I'm currently in the process of coming up with ideas for that, but again they will need playtesting, so you will probably get to hear them too.
  5. Obviously there is scope for other things to be slotted in, but I can see a pretty full program ahead of me before the next Christmas special.  :)

Well I guess that's about it.  best go get on with reading/writing all those shiny new games I have. . .

Steve

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

Sorry I can't say any more, there are players who do look here occasionally.  All I can say is that the game will be based on the FATE engine, and should be unlike anything else i have run for the group.

So it's going to be a serious game, then? ;)

Science Fiction - The players were asked to express an opinion of what they would like to play, and this was by far the most popular option.  Not quite sure where I'm going to take this as yet.  I have several options, both classic and new systems.  Just have to see what catches my eye at the time.

Are you still only one pre-gen PC away from being able to run Ringworld?

Obviously there is scope for other things to be slotted in, but I can see a pretty full program ahead of me before the next Christmas special.  :)

Huzzah! And @Hal hasn't even released the 2013 one, yet. ;)

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,089 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Give a man a chance I have been away from my laptop intentionally for a while :) It has been nice. This morning is the first day I have sat at it since we tried (and failed) to recorded our own Christmas special.

I'll get to working my way through he massive outpouring of BAG audio shortly. I may release it in pieces so the site does not get swamped with it as Mr Dulson seems to have saved a rather large chunk of it to upload all in one go :)

Hal :hal:

#4 WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight

Ghoul

• Members
  • 842 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, sorry about that.  I got out of the habit when they site was being upgraded and didn't realise quite how much backlog there was.

Trying to clear it all for the new year.  

Hopefully this years stuff will all come up on a more regular basis with all the correct tagging etc.   :)

#5 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 420 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Hurrah. Looking forward to the new stuff in the new year. Intrigued by the short run games.

#6 Dr_Jomster

Dr_Jomster

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

Sounds great! Busy bees, you BAGgers! :)

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

In March I am signed up for the YSDC games day, where I will be running a Cthulhu one-shot. This will obviously require playtesting in the next month or so, though the upload may not be until after the con to avoid spoilers.

Looks like they ran out of tickets relatively fast - they became available on December 16th, and were sold out on the 21st. Given that they only offer 25 tickets, that's 5 tickets per day, on average. A very exclusive and intimate event, by the sound of it. ;)

GMs for this event are:

• Chris - H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast
  • Fin - Innsmouth House Players
  • Paul - YSDC
  • SteveD - RPGMP3
  • Val - The "Silver Fox" herself.

#8 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

Looks like they ran out of tickets relatively fast - they became available on December 16th, and were sold out on the 21st. Given that they only offer 25 tickets, that's 5 tickets per day, on average. A very exclusive and intimate event, by the sound of it. ;)

It was a lot of fun last year.  Anyone who has tickets is going to be in for a treat!

#9 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 420 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

*smug grin*

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

In March I am signed up for the YSDC games day, where I will be running a Cthulhu one-shot. This will obviously require playtesting in the next month or so, though the upload may not be until after the con to avoid spoilers.

Looking forward to (hopefully) hearing more about the shenanigans that transpired at the YSDC 2014 Games Day on Saturday. :) There's already a bunch of pictures up, in the dedicated thread:

med_gallery_2_1_1079090.jpg

Steve Dulson's game using the Gingerbread Lovechild system for Savage Worlds.

med_gallery_2_1_400949.jpg

L->R: Jon (BigJackBrass), Fin, Patrik (Paddurz) and Mike (MikeM) at YSDC Games Day 2.

med_gallery_2_1_771569.jpg

The players getting into the party mood in Val's 1920s game, Come, Join Me at the Mardis Gras.

#11 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

Looks like much fun was had by all! I can't wait for the audio!

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:26 AM

Happy birthday, @WhiteKnight! :D Still hoping you might drop by site some day. (Possibly even bringing new audio?) :)

Keep-on Nimbic Or Captain Kicking Extremely Rudely Society.

i-see-what-you-did-there-spiderman-.jpg

#13 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 420 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

Many happy returns indeed mr Knight sir.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: upcoming, audio, plans, games, future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users