• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

People on the site have discussed the possibility of running an online RPGMP3 gaming con. Interested parties may wish to check out ConTessa Online, an annual online tabletop gaming con that makes an effort to bring more women into focus as GMs, players etc.

blog_header.png

Looks like the next con is scheduled for February 2014, so there's still time to plan and start packing your imaginary virtual suitcases. :)

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hey @WhiteKnight and @ross and all you other BAGgies - check out their Coloring Contest! If you're doing your Christmas Special before December 25th, you could let all the players color this lovely cute beholder:

beholder.png

If you upload your finished artwork at their G+ page, you'll have a chance to win a snazzy RPG artbook:

Octcover.jpg?resize=453%2C700

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

And the online gaming convention ConTessa starts today! Hurry up, if you're in the mood for gaming. :)

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Are you attending it Monkey?

I am at work... Bah!

Hal :hal:

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Hey @Daniel - fancy participating in an online OSR competition? They're running OSR Dungeon Crawl Competition - Team Caltrop and OSR Dungeon Crawl Competition - Team Ten Foot Pole on Sunday, and OSR Dungeon Competition - Team Mimic and OSR Dungeon Competition - Team Displacer Beast on Monday.

• Stacy (me) creates a random dungeon. The map is random, the monsters are random, the traps are random, even the 'dressing' is random. I use anywhere from 8-10 tables to construct the dungeon.
  • An hour prior to the start time, I hand off the dungeon to the GM. This is all the time they get to study the dungeon, so the environment will be just as new to you as it is to them.
  • At start time, the group has 3 hours to complete character creation, build their group up, and get through as much of the dungeon as they possibly can.
  • At the end, we tally up the amount of loot received, the amount of rooms explored, and the experience gained by both of the parties.

(Looks all the teams might be full already, though, so new attendees go on a waiting list, or somesuch.)

Hmm, the AD&D (1e): The Mines of Anantashi game is also fully booked, but - oh! What about Tatterdemalion: OSR? There's still two open seats. :)

Tatterdemalion is a strange, mysterious world of ancient cities and ghostly marshes, strange creatures and stranger sights. Come for danger, adventure, strange and wonderous sights.  

Tatterdemalion is an huge, ancient caravan, travelling the Road of All Worlds. Stopping here and there in cities far-flung and disparate, it spans everything from junked out spaceships to ancient spice bazaars in its winding route.  Sometimes, the enigmatic and mysterious Elders of the caravan have a job to do, something they can't do themselves. Then they turn to you. Will you go and seek adventure, glory and honour, in service of the Caravan?  Will you manage to make it hope again?

This game will use very simple, old-school DND rules. A set of dice (or an online die-roller) and a character are all you need! Bring your character, or generate one before the game. Either are fine!  Characters should be Level 1-3 in general.

#6 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

I'll pass this year as I'm buried under personal projects atm.  Might be something for next year though.  Sounds like it could be a lot of fun.  My secret weapon being that generally speaking I spend less time studying most modules before I run them - being the lazy bum I am. ;)

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

You weren't tempted to sign up as a player, rather than a GM, then?

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

To be honest, no. :(

I've only ever really been a GM, so I get really bored when playing roleplaying games as a player.

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

To be honest, no. :(

I've only ever really been a GM, so I get really bored when playing roleplaying games as a player.

*Cough* Castle Whiterock. *Cough*

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

Precisely. :P

#11 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:28 AM

...Well played, sir. Well played. Monkey_La___Contest_Entry_by_Mirz123.gif

#12 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Hey @Daniel - if you want to find out how the different teams handled themselves in the ConTessa OD&D games, check out some of these vidcasts:

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

#15 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

That looked like a lot of fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conventions, female gamers, gamer grrrls, rpg con

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge