• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

I need to hunt those out Monkey... I'll find them :)

Managed to find the original public forum post in the archives, but the direct links have gone the way of the dodo. :(

By the way, there's a lovely little WFRP 2nd edition one-off recording tucked away in the Patron section, featuring some of the Texan gamers, from wayyy back in September 2008 (ooh, a six year old vintage!) - did it ever make it to the public section? Or perhaps it could be moved to the current Patron section? :)

As Goggles was absent from our Sunday Rolemaster session we decided as a group not to run. I don't really like running games without all the players and audio games in particular are difficult as you lose continuity.

Anyway, I offered them a choice of Donjon (old indie game), My Life With Master (my favourite indie game), Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition (the adventure from the back of the book). After some debate WFRP was selected for the one off and we managed character gen for 4 players plus the short intro game from the back of the book in about 4 and a half hours.

To be honest it was a nice change of pace to play a game that approaches things a little differently to Rolemaster and DnD. The party consisted of:

Lindsay - Playing a Halfling Servant
David - Playing a Human Woodsman
Ned - Playing an Elf Vagabond
Chris - Playing a Dwarven Protagonist

The players pick up the system pretty quickly and hopeully so do I :) It is the first time I have run WFRP2 (though I had some extensive experience on WFRP1 in my formative years).

Anyhoo - here it is - let me know what you think ;)

[link]

Filesize: 185MB

Yes, its a big 'un :D

I actually really enjoyed this session, even though by the time we got home I was so ill I spent the rest of the evening in the vomitrium..

:badger:

Ah, WFRP :) Haven't played it for years (I was a chaotic wizard's apprentice, I believe, while Martin played a rheumatic middle-aged outlaw whose back gave him gyp from years of sleeping in the forest) but it's a game I very much liked. The second edition sounds like a decent clean-up of the system. Nice to hear it referred to as "Wuffrup," too :D Takes me back to the days when Warhammer 40K was just on the horizon and everyone called it "Warty Forty."

Lindsay's "Skinny deer... fat woodsman..." had me chuckling, but I must say this session brought some very odd images to mind. Having half the party named after herbs had me picturing them like this:
TheHerbs.jpg
While the prevalence of the Gossip skill inevitably led to thoughts of Cissie and Ada...
cissieada.jpg

#22 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

Any chance of resurrecting this file? Its one of the few 'old recordings' of ours I actually like and want a new generation of listeners to enjoy :)

http://www.rpgmp3.co...e-a-radio-play/

Not to mention I'm working on this year's Halloween Specials :)

#23 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:38 AM

Any chance of resurrecting this file? Its one of the few 'old recordings' of ours I actually like and want a new generation of listeners to enjoy :)

The blooper reel was the best bit - and it was glorious. :)

Not to mention I'm working on this year's Halloween Specials :)

tumblr_nc9x2z75IV1tmalc4o1_500.gif

#24 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

Hey @Hal, it looks like the classic Paranoia game that Fin ran & recorded with the BURPS crew hasn't been given its own spot on the new site. (It nearly went unnoticed on the old site, too.)

Paranoia Part 1

and

Paranoia Part 2

Maybe it could get moved to the Bradford Adventuring Guild section? (And then @Lockhart could even pick it up for the Weekly AP Club, so it could receive some more much-deserved attention.) :)

#25 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

I recall the Whartson Hall players uploading a rather fun 2 part game of The Secrets of Cats yet find myself utterly unable to find it in the current archives. I don't suppose anyone's got a copy lying around somewhere? I'll have a little nosey and see if I downloaded it myself to listen to.

#26 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

I recall the Whartson Hall players uploading a rather fun 2 part game of The Secrets of Cats yet find myself utterly unable to find it in the current archives. I don't suppose anyone's got a copy lying around somewhere? I'll have a little nosey and see if I downloaded it myself to listen to.

This perhaps? http://www.rpgmp3.co...cat-session-01/

#27 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:06 PM

That'd probably be it. Thanks :).

#28 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:08 AM

Just before all the convention excitement dies down I have couple of audio games record by Isis, Martimus and BigJackBrass at the UK Games Expo [2008].

They were recorded in the main hall and so there is a lot of background noise. I have done my best to reduce the background and increase the audibility of the players without them starting to sound like daleks and there is not much else I can do with them really.

So I present them to you here for your delight and entertainment :)

Cthulhu By Gaslight - Recorded by Isis

Filesize: 46MB

Runequest - Recorded by Martimus and BigJackBrass

Fileszie: 52MB

Thanks to all the players who let themselves be recorded for this :) I think we have picked up a couple of new folks from the expo. Welcome aboard :)

Thanks to Isis, Martimus and BigJackBrass for doing the recordings as well. I am sure they will wade in with some specifics in a little while!

This was recorded in two parts: unfortunately I lost about 5 mins at the end of each (including the spectacular ending!) due to not realising Garage Band needed to be told how long to record, sorry. :oops:

Brief summary of end of pt 1 - brave Hungarian and doctor are in the cellar, the doctor goes through what seems to be a portal. He immediately returns and stabs Ygor. The ladies discover some papers in William's bedroom referring to some experiment and a mysterious 'DW'. They rush to tell the detective who is arresting Doctor Willard for holding a knife and dripping blood. The Dr is then handcuffed to Sgt Evans, but escapes by doodling strange sigils and slipping through a table. Lady Agatha patches up the Hungarian and Lady Margerite administers lots of brandy. The Sgt leaves, the slightly psychotic soldier scouts around outside for signs of the Doctor or the 'large dog' described by the maid, and the rest of the party hole up for the night in William's bedroom, searching for more clues.

End of pt 2 - the Hungarian has just been munched and the soldier gets his head bitten off by the beast. The rest of the party, seeing this, decide legging it would be good. The politician, the detective and Lady Margerite head full pelt towards where the getaway cart is parked but Lady Agatha heads into the stone circle hoping the portal is still open. It isn't, and she turns to face the beast with her back to the main stone. It saunters seemingly peacefully towards her. She's faced down lions and charging rhino in Africa and reaches out to pat it, and it rips her hand off. Arm dripping blood and staring death in the face she takes aim with her rifle. The bullets miss and hit her bag, which is stuffed full of all the medicinal brandy that the ladies brought. Lady Agatha dies in a mighty fireball, which also seems to hurt the creature. (Brilliant death, Lee!) The remaining party members hear Agatha's screams and an explosion, but don't stop, now racing the cart down through the village. The beast is in hot pursuit. The detective fails his driving roll and instead decides to circle the wagon. He throws his lantern at the creature, driving it back into the woods. They race for the train station, briefly stopping to inform Sgt Evans that the English have left a few more bodies in the woods, and by the way there's a dangerous animal on the loose.
They escape back to London, little realising they will be hunted down, one by one. :twisted:
Thanks to all the players who agreed to be recorded, and thanks to Steff for running a great game (and the Adventus one on Sat).
Hope you enjoy it, I did. :D

#29 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Runequest? Most excllent. Downloaded and next in the queue.

Thanks for pulling up to a front page, PM.

#30 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

I have a feeling that the RQ recording doesn't cover a complete game. So long ago.. memory fading...

#31 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:36 AM

Speaking of lost audio, something seems to have happened to Campers' Blood in Ferelden session 2. At first I thought that my venerable Shuffle had finally given up the ghost, but both on iTunes and here the file seems to contain 2.37.18 of silence/static. Then again, it could be a John Cage -tribute...

#32 Balgin

Balgin

The Dwarf

• Patrons
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:38 PM

Speaking of lost audio, something seems to have happened to Campers' Blood in Ferelden session 2. At first I thought that my venerable Shuffle had finally given up the ghost, but both on iTunes and here the file seems to contain 2.37.18 of silence/static. Then again, it could be a John Cage -tribute...

I appear to have a backup. I'll check the backup audio and look into getting it uploaded some time soon if it needs to be. Could you give me an approximate time stamp for the strange silence/static event?

#33 Dr Ink'n'Stain

Dr Ink'n'Stain

Raven

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFinland, Finland, Finland...

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:54 AM

Sorry to be a bit unclear. It seems to be the whole file. I ran 47 minutes of it from the beginning on regular speakers yesterday whilst doing something else, and could not hear a thing.

#34 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:08 PM

Cheers for bringing those two files to my attention Agent Monkey. I think I had missed them in the past. 

#35 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:08 AM

Runequest? Most excllent. Downloaded and next in the queue.

Thanks for pulling up to a front page, PM.

You might be interested in Pod Quest, then. Also, @anim5 and the Gutter Skypes have played (and recorded) quite a bit of Runequest, available on their website. :)

#36 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

I have a feeling that the RQ recording doesn't cover a complete game. So long ago.. memory fading...

Good memory. It does cut-off mid-trollkin combat. Still a good slice of convention gaming.

#37 Lucky_Strike

Lucky_Strike

Goblin

• Patrons
  • 204 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

You might be interested in Pod Quest, then. Also, @anim5 and the Gutter Skypes have played (and recorded) quite a bit of Runequest, available on their website. :)

I'll do some delving there before the end of the year I expect. Back into Slideways now though in my archive dive.

#38 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 439 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:42 AM

Ah Slideways. One of my favourites :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: old site, new site, audio, actual play, site archaeology, gold mining

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge