13 replies to this topic

#1 BlueMagnusStormCrow

BlueMagnusStormCrow

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

Ahoy chat traveling people thingys! Not very good at these whole intro things but here it goes.

I'm a big fan of games of all types from card games like magic, Various RPG's and board games to PC and Console games.

Been listening to RPGMP3 stuff for so long that I can't even remember when I started, apart from it being sometime while I was still in secondary school.

Also ended up buying quite a few different RPG things due to the stuff here, Rolemaster and 2nd ed WHFRP being two of them.

Found pretty much everything I've listened to on here to be very entertaining particularly the warlords of the accordlands and truth and justice stuff. 

Dunno if I'll end up posting much but thought I'd say hello anyway. 

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

Welcome out of the shadows, Mr Ex-lurker. :)

Been listening to RPGMP3 stuff for so long that I can't even remember when I started, apart from it being sometime while I was still in secondary school.

Hmm... Secondary school is from ages 12-19 in Ireland... Mumble mumble... Bloke was born in 1991... *Taps on calculator*

1100_-_animated_gif_l33t_h4x_nagato_yuki

So, you must've started at some point between 2004 (when the site was founded) and 2010, then? That narrows it down a bit... But not much. ;-)

Also ended up buying quite a few different RPG things due to the stuff here, Rolemaster and 2nd ed WHFRP being two of them.

Yeah, it's a gateway drug.

Dunno if I'll end up posting much but thought I'd say hello anyway.

Post away, sir. :-) The groups who're recording all the goodies tend to appreciate the occasional pat on the back - although in some cases, they seem to prefer a stern lashing. (*Surreptitiously points at @Thing over there*)

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hello and welcome sir :)

Nice to have you with us...

Feel free to post all you like - start some discussions and see if we can get the fish biting... :P

Hal :hal:

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

Feel free to post all you like - start some discussions and see if we can get the fish biting... :P

fish-slapping-dance-o.gif

#5 BlueMagnusStormCrow

BlueMagnusStormCrow

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the friendly welcome  :D .

Hmm... Secondary school is from ages 12-19 in Ireland... Mumble mumble... Bloke was born in 1991... *Taps on calculator*

So, you must've started at some point between 2004 (when the site was founded) and 2010, then? That narrows it down a bit... But not much. ;-)

Well one of the years is optional but that's pretty much it. It wasn't when it was just founded. It was probably during that previously mentioned optional year, so at a guess it was probably 2007. 

although in some cases, they seem to prefer a stern lashing. (*Surreptitiously points at @Thing over there*)

That could be arranged  :P .

see if we can get the fish biting...  :P

Don't you normally have to pay extra for that?  ;)

#6 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 447 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yup. This site has been very good for pointing out a bunch of systems that I probably wouldn't have come across or tried anyway. I've picked up Runepunk and the One Ring because of the Baggies and Cold City and Squadron UK due to the Wharties.  I hope that you keep on posting/enjoying the audio

#7 BlueMagnusStormCrow

BlueMagnusStormCrow

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

For me it was Rolemaster, 2nd ed warhammer due to Hal, necessary evil, houses of the blooded, traveler due to the  Wharties and warlords of the accordlands due to the bag people.

#8 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

Hello, aloha, bienvenue! Delighted to hear that you've been enjoying the old recordings.

#9 lordof1

lordof1

Goblin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hello BlueMagnus :) Welcome to the site. Post as much as you like, we are always in need of fresh meat.

(It's possible I've been reading up All Flesh Must Be Eaten too much recently)

#10 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

For me it was Rolemaster, 2nd ed warhammer due to Hal, necessary evil, houses of the blooded, traveler due to the  Wharties and warlords of the accordlands due to the bag people.

Glad I could help ;)

I love Warhammer and Rolemaster... :)

Some of the best fantasy settings in gaming...

#11 BlueMagnusStormCrow

BlueMagnusStormCrow

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

The setting for Rolemaster seems really interesting but the rules for it make my head hurt.  The warhammer setting is really good as is the rpg just as long as you don't give somebody a constantly lactating left breast. Though who would do something like that that would just be silly?  :P .

#12 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 447 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

(It's possible I've been reading up All Flesh Must Be Eaten too much recently)

For expanding Carl's vocabulary could I recommend the Profanisaurus?  https://en.wikipedia...s_Profanisaurus

#13 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

It was a fair roll of the die :) He could have had pincers or 6 breasts down the left side but he got bitty instead.

#14 BlueMagnusStormCrow

BlueMagnusStormCrow

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Indeed it was. It was also hilarious. God I haven't seen Little Britain in forever.

http://www.youtube.c...?v=1IezhDprjq4 

I used to love those store sketches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge