• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

I thought I'd post a pic of one of the maps my wife and I did for our ToEE game. One of the 27 maps. We're kinda insane, but since we were running a module (although updating the adventure to pathfinder), we figured we'd have extra time, so we'd do something awesome. Now we're done, and moving to study abroad, so we're trying to sell them on ebay (where there are more pictures).

$_3.JPG

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:32 AM

Impressive!

You wouldn't happen to be thinking about auctioning off your wife as well, are you? There's probably a very sizable number of gaming geeks who'd pay huge wads of money for a woman who's so dedicated to gaming that she helps her husband craft 27 lovingly detailed miniature battle maps. ;)

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

These are amazing :)

(watches it in eBay) :)

Hal :hal:

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Careful! Don't stare too hard at the maps, they're still wet and-

4278776_o.gif

...Too late. :(

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

*Looks up from results of totally-not-creepy internet stalking*

So... Moving to Saint Petersburg, Russia, in January 2014, huh? Sounds exciting! :)

#6 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

Impressive!

You wouldn't happen to be thinking about auctioning off your wife as well, are you? There's probably a very sizable number of gaming geeks who'd pay huge wads of money for a woman who's so dedicated to gaming that she helps her husband craft 27 lovingly detailed miniature battle maps. ;)

To be honest, it was more a case of me helping her make the maps. And I haven't glowed about the awesome cooking skills, sense of adventure, honesty, and quite a long list of other awesome qualities, some of which are probably inappropriate to detail on this board. They don't make wads of money big enough!

*Looks up from results of totally-not-creepy internet stalking*

So... Moving to Saint Petersburg, Russia, in January 2014, huh? Sounds exciting! :)

To be fair, that's very-slightly-creepy internet stalking, but honesty and flattery compensate well for that. :) (Also, I don't put out information on the internet I don't want people to know.) Yeah, we're moving out of our current place at the end of the month so we can start renting it out for some income, and spending the next month and a half staying with various family members through the holidays and then flying out for the start of the semester there at the start of February. We've spent a lot of effort since July finding good homes for the vast majority of what we own, and our going-away party is on Saturday.

Time to stop hanging around the same town we've lived in for a decade and go have adventures! (Although it's too bad our other campaign isn't likely to reach a good stopping point. All of the other players in that game have kids and busy, busy lives (working on this project that kinda makes our maps look like small potatoes) and scheduling was just awful. With their schedules and a 12 hour time difference, finishing it online isn't likely to work, either.)

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

[...] quite a long list of other awesome qualities, some of which are probably inappropriate to detail on this board. They don't make wads of money big enough!

No, it's all good. *Nudge nudge* *Wink Wink*

Is your wife... a go-er? Know whattamean, eh? Eh? Is she into... photography? Eh? A little light holiday polaroids, hmm?

To be fair, that's very-slightly-creepy internet stalking, but honesty and flattery compensate well for that. :)

Absolutely, sir. If you don't want random strangers ogling your hairless scalp and tribal-tattooed man-boobs, then you shouldn't post pictures of them on the interwebs in the first place. ;)

*Looks at very-slightly-creepy results again*

Oh, so you're not selling your wife - she's selling you. Or at least sub-letting. Huh.

Also, I don't put out

Aww... :(

Also, I don't put out information on the internet I don't want people to know.

Oh! Umm, yeah - that's very sensible. *Cough*

[...] spending the next month and a half staying with various family members through the holidays [...]

You know what would be a great distraction to keep you entertained during the tedious hum-drum holidays? That's right - RPGMP3 dot com!

[...] and then flying out for the start of the semester [...]

You know what would make some excellent easy listening while you're on the 'plane? That's right - RPGMP3 dot com!

[...] and our going-away party is on Saturday.

You know what would make a great soundtrack for your party? That's right - Polka!

...What? Why are you making that face? Polka is the shizzle-drizzle, homes.

pigs-in-a-polka-o.gif

#8 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Absolutely, sir. If you don't want random strangers ogling your hairless scalp and tribal-tattooed man-boobs, then you shouldn't post pictures of them on the interwebs in the first place. ;)

Not tattoos, just body paint. Anyway, if you run across anything more scandalous of me than that, let me know because

a. I've lost my copies would like to have some, and
b. I didn't intend for those to be randomly floating around, and also
c. Profit!

Oh, so you're not selling your wife - she's selling you. Or at least sub-letting. Huh.

She would be horrified by the mere suggestion.

You know what would make a great soundtrack for your party? That's right - Polka!

Polka is so last year. How about Cumbia!? Or maybe some musical saw?

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Not tattoos, just body paint. Anyway, if you run across anything more scandalous of me than that, let me know

Bloody hell, you've got a website crammed with campaign notes and session transcripts, and you never told anyone about it?! You've been holding out, you 'ave! :( There's the real scandal.

Look! They've even got a flippin' extensively detailed inn menu, with several different choices of brandy! Is that an official part of the scenario? Or did the DM make it up themselves?

And their NPC followers include a cook in full plate armor, a half-orc called 'Pixie', and someone known as 'Leonard the Halfling Lumberjack'. :)

She would be horrified by the mere suggestion.

Suuure, that's what she keeps telling you. ;)

Polka is so last year. How about Cumbia!? Or maybe some musical saw?

Yeah, if only you knew somebody who could play an obscure Irish percussion instrument... ;)

#10 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Bloody hell, you've got a website crammed with campaign notes and session transcripts, and you never told anyone about it?! You've been holding out, you 'ave! :( There's the real scandal.

40 Sessions, just like World's Largest Dungeon.

Look! They've even got a flippin' extensively detailed inn menu, with several different choices of brandy! Is that an official part of the scenario? Or did the DM make it up themselves?

And their NPC followers include a cook in full plate armor, a half-orc called 'Pixie', and someone known as 'Leonard the Halfling Lumberjack'. :)

The menu's straight out of the module, with, I think, a few prices adjusted to account for the lack of electrum in pathfinder. Pixie didn't really talk much. The cook wasn't an especially good cook, but he insisted on making food and was so surly that no one wanted to deal with trying to take the job away from him. The lumberjack is because our camp ended up more like a walled compound, 16 characters in sub-freezing weather can go through lots of firewood cooking and keeping warm, and Leonard, well he was okay.

#11 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Wow - that is a complete campaign log... I have wondered about seeing if we can host that kind of thing over on here... 

Would you guys think that would get any use? Almost like narrative reports of games to compliment the audio recordings?

#12 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hey @Thing - how hard would it be to through something like this together in a database to run on the site?

#13 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Surely, the main difficulty would lie in getting someone to write up all the transcripts? ;)

By the way, Hal - There's a site called RPGPodcasts dot com that collects links to all sorts of... yes, you guessed it: RPG podcasts, including recorded actual play sessions.

However, it looks like RPGMP3 isn't on the list. If you're interested in correcting this, there's a link where you can add a podcast.

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

You may also wish to geek out over this 2013 RPG podcast survey, complete with cheerfully colored pie charts. :)

#15 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

You may also wish to geek out over this 2013 RPG podcast survey, complete with cheerfully colored pie charts. :)

Feed added :) Made me sad were were not on the list - it is going to make their stats on average episodes / year interesting :D

#16 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Surely, the main difficulty would lie in getting someone to write up all the transcripts? ;)

By the way, Hal - There's a site called RPGPodcasts dot com that collects links to all sorts of... yes, you guessed it: RPG podcasts, including recorded actual play sessions.

However, it looks like RPGMP3 isn't on the list. If you're interested in correcting this, there's a link where you can add a podcast.

Yeah, oh sure, the granddaddy of them all doesn't have a place on the list.... that makes a whole lot of sense....

Someone over there needs a reality check.

#17 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Feed added :) Made me sad were were not on the list - it is going to make their stats on average episodes / year interesting :D

What about iTunes? They think that RPGMP3 weighs in at a mere 299 episodes. :)

#18 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

40 Sessions, just like World's Largest Dungeon.

Ah, but did you have a cheeky halfling, a cleric with purple vestments bearing the slogan 'Torm likes it tidy', a half-orc slogging around with a golf bag worth of armaments, and a dwarven wizard whose beardlessness was so legendary, it inspired a whole new published campaign module? ;)

#19 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, oh sure, the granddaddy of them all doesn't have a place on the list.... that makes a whole lot of sense....

50415_6423403681_7308_n.jpg
established2004.jpg

(BTW: If you do a Google image search for 'RPGMP3', at least one of the top three results is a picture of Hal - naked.) :)

#20 bodhranist

bodhranist

Goblin

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Ah, but did you have a cheeky halfling, a cleric with purple vestments bearing the slogan 'Torm likes it tidy', a half-orc slogging around with a golf bag worth of armaments, and a dwarven wizard whose beardlessness was so legendary, it inspired a whole new published campaign module? ;)

Not exactly. The half-orc had a single mildly magic greataxe that he was strongly disinclined to be parted with, and our cleric was a rather zealous devotee of Saint Cuthbert of the Cudgel, toting down what he considered bad behavior in his 'Sin Book', and ranting about how elves had no souls (Or just generally ranting. It would be easy to picture him yelling in the middle of a college campus. Also, he seemed to be of the opinion that any furniture in a dungeon (and lots of it was surprising nice furniture) was tainted with evil and needed to be purified with fire.) No halflings besides Leonard, cheeky or otherwise, but we did have some side-adventures involving the Gnomish Mafia of Verbobonc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge