• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 brat

brat

Toad

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

The Shackled City Adventure path presented in Dungeon Magazine is available as a mega-adventure. If you guys like that style of adventure, it would be neat to hear it run.

#2 Isis

Isis

Star-Gazing

• Patrons
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationThe misty hills of Yorkshire

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:57 AM

Very nice book, lots of pretty pictures (I'm not allowed to read the words :? as my bf says he wants to run it sometime). Big fold-out map.

#3 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 30 April 2006 - 04:01 AM

I've heard good things about Shackled City for D&D, and having leafed through the book, it's very nicely presented as well. (i.e. it actually has some art! - contra WLD)

The one I'm looking forward to is the full release of the current Age of Worms Adventure Path from Paizo. What I've seen of that in Dungeon magazine looks rather good.

For top presentation marks, the forthcoming Ptolus from Monte Cook looks fantastic.

Paul

#4 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:54 AM

For top presentation marks, the forthcoming Ptolus from Monte Cook looks fantastic.

Paul

Ptolus is indeed looking yummy. Might be more of a challenge than the WLD itself, however, to do THAT baby on MP3. :D

#5 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:27 AM

I've heard good things about Shackled City for D&D, and having leafed through the book, it's very nicely presented as well. (i.e. it actually has some art! - contra WLD)

The one I'm looking forward to is the full release of the current Age of Worms Adventure Path from Paizo. What I've seen of that in Dungeon magazine looks rather good.

I've played the early stages of Shackled City and run the early stages of Age of Worms. I was largely unimpressed with Shackled City and by the second adventure, our 6th level characters were having issues (with what was supposed to be a 2nd or 3rd level adventure).

Age of Worms I stopped running after I killed two characters in the second adventure through an event that there really wasn't much they could have done to prevent. The monsters have really well thought out tactics in AoW, so well thought out that if your party isn't bringing their "A+" game to the table, they will die. I just didn't go in for that.

Your mileage may vary though, just providing another opinion of these. I have been unimpressed by how some of Dungeon's adventures actually turn out once run, but that's another opinion for another thread.

#6 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:12 AM

Speaking of upcoming games, Paul, is the Horror on the Orient Express a particularly extended game, or is it more of a one-shot not unlike Dead Man's Stomp? Will this be an entirely pre-recorded game (as in, all the sessions recorded before releases begin), with media patrons able to download a few weeks sooner on a regular basis, or is it intended to be more organic, like WLD?

#7 PaulofCthulhu

PaulofCthulhu

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,345 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:44 AM

Horror on the Orient Express is a full-sized Call of Cthulhu campaign. It will likely take at least a year to play, so people will have the opportunity to listen well before we actually finish (well, that's the plan).

Media Patrons will get first access to the audio files, (by a matter of weeks or even months) which will be recorded in CD quality Binaural Surround Sound. Release are planned to be as regular as we can make them (hopefully every two weeks or so, as that kind of schdule worked well for the Masks game).

#8 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:48 AM

I am so excited I think I peed a little.

#9 Sinister-Ornament

Sinister-Ornament

Ghoul

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationThe Hill of the Pig, Darkest Wiltshire, England,

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

I own a copy of Orient so I can read it whilst listening (Like sharing in a little secret?).

I'm looking forward to it.

Hope your going to use a various Church Bell sound effect in In a City of Bells and Towers scenario.

#10 Salubrai

Salubrai

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:01 PM

You all note how well I set up that plug opportunity? ;)

I really think some mood music would help, Paul, if it were VERY low in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge