• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 BaronBytes

BaronBytes

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm a long time listener of the podcast and I was a patron at some point when I had a bit more money available. Always loved the idea of APs and the special brand of insanity of RPGMP3. While listening/watching Shattered Star I saw Roll20 and decided to get back into rollplaying through it. Joined a game of Reign of Winter and I'm having a blast. I'm also a French Canadian and loves how the french canadian seems to always be the first to die in your CoC games (Beyond the mountain of madness and Murder of Thomas Something). Anyway all this to say good job and dungeon on. :D

#2 ScaleGraze

ScaleGraze

Goblin

• Contributors
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hello and welcome!

Out of curiosity, did you connect with gamers that you already knew, or just log onto the roll20 site and look for a group that was starting up?

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Welcome sir

Good to see so many people coming back to the site and gaming as a whole. :)

Roll20 is a great way to play games with folks from everywhere. I might have to start running some one offs for groups of random Patrons I there was an interest. :)

Hal :hal:

#4 generalofdisorder

generalofdisorder

Kobold

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hello BaronBytes, welcome to the site. :)

Roll20 is a great way to play games with folks from everywhere. I might have to start running some one offs for groups of random Patrons I there was an interest. :)

Hal :hal:

Now that is an interesting idea.

#5 BaronBytes

BaronBytes

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yeah I actually just logged in looking for groups at a specific time playing pathfinder and was very lucky that one was starting right there.

#6 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

Welcome to the ranks of the non-lurkers, @BaronBytes.  

It's great to hear how you where able to get back into roleplaying.

Roll20 is great when you can't find a local group with compatible schedules, or just want to game with people that are far away.

#7 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

I'm also a French Canadian and loves how the french canadian seems to always be the first to die in your CoC games (Beyond the mountain of madness and Murder of Thomas Something).

Wasn't the Frech-Canadian the first to die in Vertical Limit too?

#8 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hello, my French Canadian friend! Your presence on the site is as welcome as a poutine in my belly. Which is a lot. I could really go for a poutine, actually.

Yes yes, terribly lame stereotype, I know. But it's cool; I'm one half French and my family helped found the province of Quebec so I'm allowed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I know a poutinery down the street that delivers.

#9 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hello and welcome!

The idea of one offs with randoms sounds interesting!

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

MORE CANADIANS!

*ahem* Well, it seems I'm quite late to the welcome wagon, but Hello anyway! Always good to have more peeps from the Great White North on the site.

@Telemergion You're not allowed to make me crave Poutine. I haven't found a place that does good Poutine in Regina yet :( (Though Yorkton has a bar that does a rather excellent Poutine in my western Canadian opinion)

#11 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well color me interested (I think it's a shade of green) :)

#12 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

@Lockhart the more I hear about Regina the sadder I get. You don't even have a good poutine? For serious style? Come to the Peg and I'll get Josh to make the pulled pork poutine. That stuff's so stick-to-your-ribs good it'll tide you over for months... because it actually feels like it's stuck to your ribs. It's kinda heavy. You may never want to eat anything ever again. But totally worth it!

#13 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

Well, in fairness, it's more so that I haven't been looking hard enough (or had the funds to). But, there's always good ole homemade Poutine to be had as well.

However, next time I'm in the Winnipeg area I may take you up on the offer. Maybe I'll get a chance to attend the October Comic Con again one of these years.

#14 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

You should come to AtomiCon! It's really small and I don't advertise it much because there's a much bigger one with the same name as also it started in my basement with just 4 people. Last year, though, we had over a dozen so it's steadily growing and the venue is the same place as the poutine.

...although it's still technically a basement... 

In fact anyone who wants to should come to AtomiCon. I can offer lodging at reasonable rates directly upstairs from the event hall because it's a hotel where I work.

#15 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

That's not nearly terrifying nor particularly random. Or does it's topical nature make it more terrifying and random?

[...] it's a hotel where I work.

psychoduck.gif

#16 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Much better!

#17 BaronBytes

BaronBytes

Toad

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Imight be a bit too much of a fan of poutine. Always good and you get to add all sort of good stuff on it (my favorite is chicken and gren peas for Cheese Galvaude).

#18 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

poutine [...] poutine [...] Now if you'll excuse me, I know a poutinery down the street that delivers.

@Telemergion Poutine [...] good Poutine [...] rather excellent Poutine

@Lockhart [...] good poutine? [...] pulled pork poutine.

[...] good ole homemade Poutine [...]

[...] same place as the poutine.

Imight be a bit too much of a fan of poutine.

Hey, check out episode 36 of the Talking to the Micromaphone podcast, they've got a special super-duper international meet-up between Canadians and some British dude. Poutine features heavily in the discussion, which quickly leads to bloodshed. :)

header-01_left_shaggymod.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge