5 replies to this topic

#1 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hey, the 3rd The Gamers filme, The Gamers: Hands of Fate is available now for free streaming form August 15-31.

I just watched my backers copy the other night and loved it.

#2 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm going to have to watch that. Loved the first two and JourneyQuest

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

So, has anyone watched the new Hobbit movie yet? Danny and Tess from the Pants Campers were commenting on FB earlier, they seemed distinctly underwhelmed.

The human villains were another thing wrong with this adaptation. They were cartoonly evil. Without mentioning spoilers, one pair of villians were so cartoonly evil they started scoffing at 'elections' and 'poor people'. I swear they reminded of saturday morning kids tv villians from the 90s. I half expected the Biker Mice from Mars to turn up in the third act.

Face it: biker mice from Mars would have sorted smaugs shit out and it wouldn't have taken about seventy years to watch the films.

Tess recommended that you watch Legolas by Laura instead. Much shorter, much better:

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

To be fair we were still lamenting that film over tea tthis evening. We were so utterly disappointed. Especially Tess, she was so looking forward to it.

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Gelatinous Cube

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Not long got back from watching Frozen and I have to say what a wonderfully beautiful film it is. Entertaining from the get go, perfect for adults both young and old. I suspect many of the story points may go over the heads of younger children, but if they can enjoy the Lion King and Toy Story they should be fine with this.

Very very very highly recommended. If you don't go and see this you may very well regret that mistake.

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Not long got back from watching Frozen and I have to say what a wonderfully beautiful film it is.

Courtesy of TsaoShin:

let_it_no_by_tsaoshin-d73f275.png

(That particular masterpiece is part of a series of Grumpy Cat/Disney crossovers, check out TsaoShin's gallery, they're excellent.) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge