Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Hey folks,

YouTube has the option of uploading a piece of art to act as a header for the channel.

I wanted to throw out a call to art and creative types on the site to see if there might someone who wants to take a crack at making an image that I can use as the header for the RPGMP3 YouTube channel.

The image has to be a minimum of 2560×1440 and will have the RPGMP3 podcast logo over part of the left side.

Cheers

Hal :hal:

#2 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Psst... @ Heather , are you awake?

snooze.jpg

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I'll beat her this time, for sure!
A-hyuck-hyuck!

#3 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

Oh, if only my creativity wasn't restricted to words! I could be immortalized on the youtubes!

Alas, the only thing I could think of was to shout "PENIS!' which I imagine the youtube filters would not accept.

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

Since the RPGMP3Tube is all about Shattered Star, with some Shattered Star on top, couldn't you get a suitable illustration really quickly? As in, one you've already got in the archives?

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

It is super awesome but it is not wide enough... the banner art is massive big...

#6 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:06 AM

Really? Check your email, then.

#7 Heather

Heather

Kobold

• Site Artist
  • 93 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Psst... @ Heather , are you awake?
 snooze.jpg

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I'll beat her this time, for sure!
A-hyuck-hyuck!

*opens an eye up with an amused look towards @ Pencil-Monkey * I'm awake now. E:3

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

*opens an eye up with an amused look towards @ Pencil-Monkey * I'm awake now. E:3

Aaaah! Run from the crime scene, run from the body, flee flee flee!

*Huff*

*Pant*

*Gasp*

...Huh? Why is the scenery not whizzing past at a dizzying 3 mph?

a7a173b65422954a4150a373046051c1.gif

Gaaaah!  Damn you @ J4 Coltrain , and your meddling ways! :( It was only Heather you were supposed to put in awkward positions, you mischievous minx!

#9 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

Hey Monkey,

Got the resized very of MrGunPowder's Shattered Star pic and added it but I am not sure it worked. Can anyone confirm it?

Also there appears to be weird formatting issues. The pic has been large but it only uses a small letter box area for the top of the website.

Here is an explanation of the complicated and unnecessary situation - anyone manage anything cool within these restrictions?

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Following your link:

"YouTube changed the original dimensions for the channel art. This video now has the correct one channel dimensions. The overall YouTube One Channel dimensions are 2560 px x 1440px but what is most important is the center of the image known as the Logo Safe Zone. Keep in mind your channel logo will float over the left hand corner of your Logo Safe Zone. Download the template to make sure your image is setup correctly."

So apparently, only the center of the image, with an area of 1546 x 423, will be displayed on all devices and settings.

#11 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Not seeing it myself, at least not on http://www.youtube.com/user/rpgmp3

#12 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Following your link:

"YouTube changed the original dimensions for the channel art. This video now has the correct one channel dimensions. The overall YouTube One Channel dimensions are 2560 px x 1440px but what is most important is the center of the image known as the Logo Safe Zone. Keep in mind your channel logo will float over the left hand corner of your Logo Safe Zone. Download the template to make sure your image is setup correctly."

So apparently, only the center of the image, with an area of 1546 x 423, will be displayed on all devices and settings.

Correct - but on computer screens the banner is wider. I guess we could just drop the site logo in the middle of the screen but I thought it might be a nice opportunity for our artistic types to see what they could do within the restrictions of the dimensions for various devices :)

If we have the logo in the middle and then some nice art stuff going on that expands out to a complete pic but makes sense at all levels that might be cool :)

Hal :hal :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge