68 replies to this topic

#61 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

It's important to keep in mind that in Thassilon times, this was an active facility in the heart of Sorshen's territory. If an enemy had gotten to the coffin, it'd be a serious security breach.

I think that's making my point. I don't remember all the details, but I don't recall any serious security measures to get to this clone. Didn't they just walk in through the tunnels and pretty much find the clone right away?

Just saying, it's perfectly logical and developed, and high knowledge checks (or research back at the manor) can reveal a lot of this in game, or some spell theory and some logic and such. In any event, Players should be suspicious and expect a trap when they have such loot seemingly offered on a silver platter in an ancient and active dungeon, and they have only themselves to blame if they push their luck and dont like the results. :P

Expect a trap, sure. Expect a trap that can seriously impair your vision of your character, and appears to be competely unexpected in the game world, I dunno, it still seems more like a Grimmtooth's Trap to me.

Could this kind of trap have reasonably been expected to have been discovered by (more) research back in Magnimar?

I'm not watching the YouTube screencasts, only listening to the audio, but I get the sense that Lindsay was pretty upset at the consequences. Perhaps my interpretation of her reaction is reinforcing my opinion towards this trap.

#62 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

There was the caryatid columns , but other than that it was pretty much out in the open.

I figure either the entrance through the tunnels was originally a secure back door with the broken statue where a succubus used to be bound in the tunnels as a potential alarm, or an escape route and that guests/etc used to enter in a different fashion (magic).

That or displaying her sarcophagus in obviously in the entrance was a display of strength/confidence, showing how secure Sorshen was (with her other back ups, etc), or perhaps an allude to the eternal rest/youth/grace of the vampiric undead.

#63 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

Perusing the Mythic Adventures book turned up some rather tasty Stonefist Gloves that Niramour may have to look at picking up if Lockhart approves :) Obviously not for the added Mythic benny but for their basic function of making unarmed attacks hurt more...

Hal :hal:

#64 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

So we sold a bunch of stuff and then Comcast messed up the connection.

We currently have...

Money and Gems

PP 91 GP 61506 SP 2406 CP 9
Magical Items
Bag of Holding Type II
Orb of Consumption *
Pouch of Dust of Dryness
Pouch of Dust of Appearance x2
Pouch of Dust of Illusion
Immovable Rod
Ring of Minor Electricity Resistance *
4xPotions of Cure Serious

Weapons and Armour

Potions / Alchemical

Elixir of Love x2
Elixir of Truth
Stone Salve
Potion of Displacement

Other

Spellbook - Thassalonian Many spells *

Korvosa Attack Plans (10K GP)

Thassilonian Coins (x8) (4.4 GP each)

Climbers Kit

50' Silk Rope (x3)

Flayleaf x10

Pesh x13

We still need to figure out and sell the Kovosa plans and who gets the Ring of Minor Electricity Resistance. Gary is retaining the Orb of Consumption on a trial basis to see if we get any use out of it and the Spellbook in case he takes a specific Oracle Mystery at next level that will let him cast the spells from it. Gary picked up some Boots of Striding and Springing also and Niramour got Boots of Speed. Misaki got a Wand of Dimension Door with 12 charges.

Brunsk was equipped with +1 Light Fortification Breastplate to give him some more shiny AC and make him look all dapper.

I think we are likely going to finish up the selling and then do the buying before we resume again so we can pick it up running next session perhaps when Comcast fixes us up nice and puuuuuurtttyy!

#65 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

@Lockhart are you happy for us to sell those Kovosa plans to the folks at the Arvensor for the stated value?

Then we need to figure out what it will cost to get Lindsay all fixed and out of negative levels and perhaps see if there are any items we need to purchase at a party level before we split the pot.

And go shopping for things and stuff...

#66 Steamhammer

Steamhammer

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:11 AM

Can you already estimate when the shopping spree will happen on the youtubes?
I'm about to start Ep. 27 today and I have a very long and boring shift ahead of me :-)

Looking forward to more Shattered Stars!

#67 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

It's hard to predict, we've hit another scheduling bump and had to take a few weeks off.  I think current plans are to try for a game next week, and I think Hal usually has the youtube uplooaded shortly after that

#68 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yes - that. And hello @Steamhammer :)

Also, the last session where we sold all the stuff might need to be recapped at the start of the next one as Comcast were trying their best to make the audio sound like a 1970s robotic voice box convention.

We were talking on here about trying to do the shopping over the forums but @Lockhart hasn't confirmed a final amount and seems to be tied up with exams and the like at the moment.

#69 Steamhammer

Steamhammer

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Hey guys,

thanks for getting us up to speed!

I'm looking forward to it. While the dungeon crawl through the Lustpits was entertaining, I'm sure you'd like to get back in touch with civilisation and beings that have a distinct lack of scales and/or slime coating. Have you already thought about how to play out the trade route? Befriending the tribes was pretty great, and it would be pretty cool to expand on that. I've only briefly browsed the Campaign Rules for Pathfinder with all the ressource management, building construction etc. and it seems like it is an economy sim in and of itself. While well-thought out, it could quickly turn into a 'Settlers of Catan - Golarion Edition'. Maybe an idea for a Patrons only Forum Game? ^^

I did find the link to the shopping thread, but I won't be much help, I'm afraid. I'm usually DMing and have just recently got back into character generation with a Monk/Staff Magus on Lvl 4 for a one-shot adventure after finishing the first book of 'Rise of the Runelords' soon. I've spend about a day digging through my Ulitmate Equipment and the SRD to find a way to magically quickly don and remove armor. So you're probably better off without my support there :-)

Although picking up the Cogsworth-pieces and getting him back in shape might be an idea.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shattered star, pathfinder, shopping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge