68 replies to this topic

#21 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Oh, and a Hat of Disguise for Misaki Sorshion is 1,800 gp.

#22 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Okay this is my sell/keep list

Sell (All based on 1/2 purchase price)
+1 Keen Guisarme (1005gp),  +1 Keen Longspear (1003gp),
Spellbook - Thassalonian Many spells (????gp),

I think the values for the keen weapons are off Keener.  Heh! 

Seriously though, the keen quality should make them the equivalent of +2 weapons for purposes of price, which would up their value by 3k each if I'm right.  Oh, and standard book prices for weapons include a masterwork quality cost too.  That would add 300 gp to the purchase cost (and 150 to the used resale value) of all magical weapons.  Assuming you're going standard book. 

As for the spellbook - I think you basically calculate the price that a wizard PC would pay to buy access to those spells, plus the cost to inscribe the spells in a spell book and then divide that total by two to get the sale price (Pathfinder Core book, p220).  That works out at spell level squared times 7.5 gp (with zero level spells being worth half of a first level, rather than zero).  But that's a standard book price and spell books seem one of the items that are least well governed with generic rules as written.

#23 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

Oh, and a Hat of Disguise for Misaki Sorshion is 1,800 gp.

Would that let her look like a Tengu? Or a halfling? It might be worth the spend :)

Hal :hal:

#24 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Would that let her look like a Tengu? Or a halfling? It might be worth the spend :)

It's as per the Disguise Self spell... which looks otherwise fine, but says "You cannot change your creature type (although you can appear as another subtype)." Not sure what that means with regard to Misaki... but I think human / tengu / halfling are all subtypes of Humanoid, so shouldn't be a problem?

#25 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

She already had a great disguise. Nobody is going to suspect she is the Tengu hiding out from the Scarzni gangs

#26 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

I think the values for the keen weapons are off Keener.  Heh! 

Seriously though, the keen quality should make them the equivalent of +2 weapons for purposes of price, which would up their value by 3k each if I'm right.  Oh, and standard book prices for weapons include a masterwork quality cost too.  That would add 300 gp to the purchase cost (and 150 to the used resale value) of all magical weapons.  Assuming you're going standard book. 

As for the spellbook - I think you basically calculate the price that a wizard PC would pay to buy access to those spells, plus the cost to inscribe the spells in a spell book and then divide that total by two to get the sale price (Pathfinder Core book, p220).  That works out at spell level squared times 7.5 gp (with zero level spells being worth half of a first level, rather than zero).  But that's a standard book price and spell books seem one of the items that are least well governed with generic rules as written.

To be honest I wasn't sure on the keen items so I took a kick a the can.

#27 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

I'm starting back over with the series to catch myself up, but I'm really looking forward to hearing the group try to plow through 80,000 gp worth of clinky coins.

#28 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Since this is our first large haul, I have to ask how we are doing the split.

Once we know the estimated sale value, if I want to keep an item, like the orb of consumption, do I pay back the party/pot at 2/3rd the sale value to recoup Misaki and Niramoor out of their lost shares of the sale, or do we have some other arrangement in mind?

#29 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

I generally play a system where useful items get distributed. The rest gets sold and everyone gets their share and buys what they want.

It is more a matter of negotiation than anything hard and corporate but I am happy to consider other alternatives.

The other option is we appraise everything and then if someone wants to keeps something that comes out of their share :)

#30 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

I generally play a system where useful items get distributed. The rest gets sold and everyone gets their share and buys what they want.

It is more a matter of negotiation than anything hard and corporate but I am happy to consider other alternatives.

The other option is we appraise everything and then if someone wants to keeps something that comes out of their share :)

You could implement a system of where you get a certain point value for every boss/creature you kill and then you can "buy" the equipment for those poi..... oh wait DKP already exists :/

Seriously though: The system of just distributing it like it makes sense and talking it out for the rest seems to work fine. As long as the players are all getting along and nobody is hogging all the magic stuff that works out well.

Although I would love to see Misakisorshen/Lindsay building herself an exoskeleton out of magic wands...

#31 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Finally caught up with the episodes! Some things I think the party needs:

A way to see invisible monsters (spell or Dust of Seeing (or whatever it's called)).
A way to either make the party fly (maybe a fully charged wand of Fly), or to stop flyers from flying (like Tanglefoot bags (which wouldn't have worked against a Hovering whats-her-name)).
Increased AC for all.
Increased attack chances for the fighters (everybody but Gary).

In the Pathfinder system, what are the options for Misaki to get her body back or to erase the negative levels?

#32 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

I think the negative levels will require restoration, so 1,000gp material costs and 1 casting a week so 2 weeks & 2K gp, plus hiring a cleric to get her back to level

I think to get her back to her Tengu body we would need to kill her in the Sorshen body, then cast Resurection on her old remains.  So 10K for resurrection, +1 extra negative level so 13K plus caster hiring costs.

#33 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,240 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

I think the negative levels will require restoration, so 1,000gp material costs and 1 casting a week so 2 weeks & 2K gp, plus hiring a cleric to get her back to level

I think to get her back to her Tengu body we would need to kill her in the Sorshen body, then cast Resurection on her old remains. So 10K for resurrection, +1 extra negative level so 13K plus caster hiring costs.

Unfortunately, Misaki's soul has imprinted on the new body, regular resurrection is not an option, because when she dies the Sorshen body will be her corpse, not the Tengu body. Full body restoration requires wish, miracle, or true resurrection.

Alternatively, a casting of Polymorph any object is a potential (but also dispellable) fix. A human to Tengu change would be a permanent duration, and Polymorph any object would mimic greater Polymorph in this regard, which would in turn mimic alter self, which would in turn allow Misaki to keep all the bonuses of being a true Thassilon human, but be physically a Tengu, and technically get a +2 size bonus to strength as well. If I'm looking at things correctly.

#34 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Unfortunately, Misaki's soul has imprinted on the new body, regular resurrection is not an option, because when she dies the Sorshen body will be her corpse, not the Tengu body. Full body restoration requires wish, miracle, or true resurrection.

If you were to kill her, destroy her body beyond resurrection, then cast resurrection, would you say that her old (intact) body would resurrect?

#35 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,240 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

If you were to kill her, destroy her body beyond resurrection, then cast resurrection, would you say that her old (intact) body would resurrect?

Nope, kinda for the same reason that you can't cut off a pinky while alive and leave it with a cleric for emergency resurrection. The soul is only in tune with its current vessel. Otherwise, what stops a person from taking any particular body and resurrecting a soul into it other than its original occupant?

#36 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Too bad possession isn't a ghost power.  We could probably make Misaki into a ghost pretty cheap and easily

#37 Lockhart

Lockhart

• Administrators
  • 1,240 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Well, possession is a power ghosts can get (there was a time I was designing the ultimate in recurring villains, and part of his shtick was possessing people and fleeing once the party dealt with the fleshy vessel). However your physical form is only as good as who you can possess. Most folk do not have PC stats.

#38 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

hmmm, so we would just need to kill Misaki in a horrifying and terrible fashion to ensure her becoming a ghost then? ;  ;)

#39 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Full body restoration requires wish, miracle, or true resurrection.

Is that something they can afford and/or find in Magnimar?

#40 Chewzter

Chewzter

Goblin

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Is that something they can afford and/or find in Magnimar?

Well, I guess there are people willing to pay 25.000 gp for a little rough and tumble with the runelord of lust...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shattered star, pathfinder, shopping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge