#1 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

We were talking last night and @Lockhart suggested that we might want to take the shopping session to the forums and see if we can't get some good input from you guys.

I said to start I would put up a list of the current party inventory so we could discuss which items to keep (and who should get them) and which items to sell. So here goes.

Money and Gems PP   91 GP 6609 SP  2406 CP  9
Gold Ring (250GP)
12 Pearls (100GP each)
Jade Unholy Symbol of Zevgabozeb (150GP)
Necklace of Lapis Lazuli (300 GP)
Pair Earrings (1500 GP)
Anklet (400 GP)
Platinum Plaque (750GP base or 2K - 4K to an interested scholar)
7 x Rings (500 GP each)
36 gemstones (780 GP)
2 Fire Opals (1000 GP each)
Incense case (10 GP)
Silver Scroll Tube (250 GP)
Gold Chalice (450 GP)
Unholy Symbol of Nocticula (1000 GP)
Silver Crown (800 GP)
12 x Tourmaline (100 GP each)
6 x Black Pearls (500 GP each)
2 x Sapphires (900 GP each)

Magical Items
Dreams and Desires (Book)
Bag of Holding Type II
Orb of Consumption
+1 Light Fortification Breastplate
Pouch of Dust of Dryness
Boots of Striding and Springing
Pouch of Dust of Appearance x2
Pouch of Dust of Illusion
Immovable Rod
Whispering Coin
Googles of Night
Ring of Minor Electricity Resistance
Boots of Speed
+1 Keen Guisarme
Wand of Dimension Door (12)
4x Potions of Cure Serious
+1 Longsword
+1 Guisarme
+1 Keen Longspear
+1 Adamantine Dagger
2 x Incense of Meditation
Incense Burner (Cinnamon Smoke) (180 GP)

Weapons and Armour

5 Javelins

15 arrows

24 MW Daggers

MW Scimatar

MW Bolas

Broken MW Dagger (City Guard of Korvosa)

Potions / Alchemical

Elixir of Love x2
Elixir of Truth
Stone Salve
Potion of Displacement

Other

Spell Component Pouch

Spellbook - Thassalonian Many spells

Korvosa Attack Plans (10K GP)

2 x Crude Religious Symbol (Zevgabozeb)

Thassilonian Coins (x8) (4.4 GP each)

Climbers Kit

50' Silk Rope (x3)

Long Thin Green Noqual Key (500GP)

Flayleaf x10

Pesh x13

This list is current as far as I am aware and has the current appraisals the party has done on the items.

So - what do you think we should sell and what should be keep? Once we have worked that out, Lockhart can figure out how much cash we all get and then we can try to figure out what we can all buy  :)

Hal  :hal:

#2 anubis

anubis

Toad

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I would keep the Keen Longspear for Brunsk so he has a pircing reach weapon. It will come in handy if there is any more in the water fights.

#3 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

I am guessing we will probably want to keep these magic items out of that list

Bag of Holding Type II
Boots of Striding and Springing
+1 Light Fortification Breastplate  
Googles of Night
Wand of Dimension Door (12)
4x Potions of Cure Serious

I am waffling on the Orb of Consumption as well

#4 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

It is a strange item. I can see it being hugely useful to an Enchanter surrounded by monkeys to keep it charged but I am not sold on its use as a combat tool. It would mean you could end up surrounded.

Whispering Coin looks OK as well.

I don't mind Brunsk keeping one of the reach weapons but I think it comes down to how he chooses to fight. Up to this point he has always opted to charge in with his shield and attack so maybe we would be better suited selling the reach weapons and getting him a magical attack shield of smashy death.

Hal :hal:

#5 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

"*Googles* of Night"? :P

#6 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

The spear has come in handy a few times when we have been in choke points and can't spread out.  Not sure how we want to balance the occasional tactical value vs the monetary value (at half its cost) towards getting other items.  In general I lean towards keeping items if they will be used since you don't loose that 50% of the cost.

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

That's fair but looking at the value of an item we use occasionally vs an item we can buy him that he will use in almost every fight I think it might be a little more clear cut :)

Hal

#8 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

"*Googles* of Night"? :P

Clearly I spend too much time on the internet :) (and so does Thing)

#9 anubis

anubis

Toad

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

That's fair but looking at the value of an item we use occasionally vs an item we can buy him that he will use in almost every fight I think it might be a little more clear cut :)

Hal

This is true, I forgot that Brunsk's shield counts as piecing for under water combat. Maybe you could get his shield upgraded.

It looks like a Ring of Freedom of Movment for Hal. Some kind of armor for Linsday and I am not sure for Thing.

Also something else for you guys to keep in mind. Gary the Elf is a Divine caster so he does not need rest to regain his spells.

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,242 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Also something else for you guys to keep in mind. Gary the Elf is a Divine caster so he does not need rest to regain his spells.

I responded to this in YouTube. Spontaneous divine casters are very undefined in the rules in how they regain spells. However everyone still needs to get a full rest or suffer fatigue, and if Gary uses spells within 8 hours of his prep time, he doesn't get them back, as I believe that is a minimum time limit for all casters.

#11 thad

thad

Player Subordinaire

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

Well, you probably want some kind of anti-invisibility gear.

And Rings of Sustenance are always nice, but you guys haven't really needed them yet.

#12 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

I love the idea of the Ring of Sustenance. I usually pick one up early when I play a caster because they are awesome and it means you can contribute to watches and are not hosed if you are disturbed in the middle of the night.

Sadly I don't think our shiny haul will stretch to a Ring of Freedom of Movement.

Perhaps we could look at a +1 Shield of Bashing for Brunsk? Or as it is a Spiked Shield perhaps a +1 Vicious Spiked Shield :)

#13 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Ring of sustenance is great, but spending money to give up my posh 8 hours of nap time?  And  would anyone really sleep well with Gary keeping watch? ;)

#14 anubis

anubis

Toad

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ring of sustenance is great, but spending money to give up my posh 8 hours of nap time?  And  would anyone really sleep well with Gary keeping watch? ;)

This is a very good point. I guess you could just keep a readed action to scream like a girl when you get a knife in the ribs

#15 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

This is a very good point. I guess you could just keep a readed action to scream like a girl when you get a knife in the ribs

You paint a fair picture, @anubis.  And with Garys initiative that is just about as likely if he is awake or asleep, although init just got bumped a little into the positive numbers at least.

#16 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

QFT. :)

#17 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,100 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Ha ha! I actually laughed out loud at that :P

#18 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Ha ha! I actually laughed out loud at that :P

ROTFLOL, or just plain LOL?

You should get @anubis to send you a sound bite of him saying that line, and then start the next episode by discussing the shopping - when Thing says his line, you play the sound bite. :)

#19 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

To be fair, I think a readied action to scream "Help I am being stabbed!", might be more useful that screaming "Like a girl!"

#20 Keener

Keener

Is Wonderful!

• Patrons
  • 4,977 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB, Canada

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Okay this is my sell/keep list

Treasure
Gold Ring (250GP), 12 Pearls (100GP each),Jade Unholy Symbol of Zevgabozeb (150GP), Necklace of Lapis Lazuli (300 GP),Pair Earrings (1500 GP), Anklet (400 GP),Platinum Plaque (750GP base or 2K - 4K to an interested scholar),7 x Rings (500 GP each),36 gemstones (780 GP), 2 Fire Opals (1000 GP each),Incense case (10 GP),Silver Scroll Tube (250 GP),Gold Chalice (450 GP),Unholy Symbol of Nocticula (1000 GP), Silver Crown (800 GP),12 x Tourmaline (100 GP each),6 x Black Pearls (500 GP each) and 2 x Sapphires (900 GP each)
Total of 21590 GP (Assuming 3000gp for the Platinum Plaque)
Items
Keep
Dreams and Desires (Book), Bag of Holding Type II, +1 Light Fortification Breastplate, Pouch of Dust of Appearance x2, Googles of Night, Wand of Dimension Door (12) & 4x Potions of Cure Serious, Stone Salve, 50' Silk Rope (x3),
Sell (All based on 1/2 purchase price)
Orb of Consumption (5000gp), Pouch of Dust of Dryness (425gp), Boots of Striding and Springing (2750gp), Pouch of Dust of Illusion (600gp), Immovable Rod (2500gp), Whispering Coin (1500gp), Ring of Minor Electricity Resistance (6000gp), Boots of Speed (6000gp), +1 Keen Guisarme (1005gp), +1 Longsword (1008gp), +1 Guisarme (1005gp), +1 Keen Longspear (1003gp), +1 Adamantine Dagger (2500gp), 2 x Incense of Meditation (4900gp),Incense Burner (Cinnamon Smoke) (180 GP), Elixir of Love x2 (150gp), Elixir of Truth (250gp), Potion of Displacement (375gp), 5 Javelins (2.5gp) , 15 arrows (7.5gp), 24 MW Daggers (3624gp) , MW Scimatar (158gp), MW Bolas (158gp), Broken MW Dagger (City Guard of Korvosa) (Mend 151gp),Spell Component Pouch (2.5gp), Spellbook - Thassalonian Many spells (????gp), Korvosa Attack Plans (10K GP), 2 x Crude Religious Symbol (Zevgabozeb) (????gp), Thassilonian Coins (x8) (4.4 GP each), Climbers Kit (40gp), Long Thin Green Noqual Key (500GP), Flayleaf x10, Pesh x13
Total of 52102.7GP (I am not sure about the book of dreams and desires may want to sell it I think it was the book that gives you a bonus once a month this number doesn't include the prices I couldn't find)

Total Value= 73692.7gp
I will leave purcases up to you but I think monks robes would be a good idea for Hal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shattered star, pathfinder, shopping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge