30 replies to this topic

#1 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Locationwww.diredestiny.com

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Just letting everyone know that I uploaded session 30 and 31 to the site today.  We are officially back and updating. I expect we will be able to get all the way to session 62, the last recorded session.

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Awesome :)

The BIG ball begins to roll once more...

Hal :hal:

#3 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Awesome :)

The BIG ball begins to roll once more...

Where? Where? Oh! There it goes, after it!

tumblr_mpo99sa8pz1rezbgzo1_500.gif

#4 CorkyKneivel

CorkyKneivel

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

O Frabjous Day Kaloo Kalay!

So I wasn't here before, so I'm not sure how this goes. Are they posted just like the other ones? With their own forum post topic listing the episode? Or is there a special "come and find me..." place I have to go to track them down?

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

These are still pending release but they should be done tomorrow and then added the podcast feed and they will appear in the Downloads section and get their own little forum post as well :)

#6 CorkyKneivel

CorkyKneivel

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Ha! Thanks Hal!

#7 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

See, now I have a problem.  I'm really enjoying listening to the Shattered Star casts.  But I also need to re-listen to the entire Paths of Gaeda set now.  That's like 100 hours of listening, and I'm really only good for 3-4 hours of listening in a day.  Now there's too much stuff to listen to. 

You guys are too good to us listeners!

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

If you can train yourself to listen while you sleep, that's another 8 hours per day.

#9 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Pencil-Monkey, you don't have kids, do you?

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

As the YGGernauts say in Dragon's Delve: "I love kids - but I can never eat a whole one." ;)

Scott: "It's funny because it's wrong." :P
Mike: "What? You mean: it's morally wrong, or you mean that you could actually eat a whole baby?" :D

#11 CorkyKneivel

CorkyKneivel

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thank you guys so much for uploading these. I’ve been eagerly waiting. As I said previously I joined this site expressly because I enjoyed this podcast so much and wanted to inquire about any more being made available after reading there were upwards of 70 some odd recordings. I pmd wolfsnap, figuring he was a site admin or something, to ask after them and was pleasantly surprised, when he replied, to find out he was the GM on the recordings.  I told him some semblance of the following:

This isn’t to disrespect any of the effort or enjoyment other people get out of them but the overwhelming majority of Pathfinder/D&D podcasts I have found would classify as “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”. Meaning just because they have the technology to record people playing doesn’t make it entertaining to me as a listener.

However, the Paths of Gaeda podcast gets it right. The open sandbox story and settings, the creative and intelligent play by the majority of the players, the recording quality, and the utterly amazing GM work make this a premium among actual-play podcasts. Because of the GM I put this up with my favorites: the Acq Inc. series & Nerd Poker (which I like for the comedians more than the actual game play). I enjoy his masterful weaving of storylines, villains, crazy circumstances, and foes from a pure epic story aspect but there’s genius in how he uses those very same elements as tools for each player to develop their character. It’s a great little glimpse into how the sausage is made. I loved it when he presented a player with one of the gods he professed to serve and challenged him on what he was really doing in the campaign. Was he focused on the purpose? Why? What was he hoping to get out of it? It was such a clever and dynamic bit of story but also conveyed as much “how to” game information as any hour long Gamer’s Guide or Know Direction mechanics discussion. I really like both of those podcasts, by the way. Dipping into accents for various characters in another way the GM shows this podcast takes the right tack in focusing on entertainment and enriching the world we’re visiting with each download. I listen to other podcasts and the GM sounds like “Um…you uh see some orcs. They’re all, like, orc-like and gross. Like Lord of the Rings orcs...but worse. Roll for intiative.” That’s only a slight exaggeration.

Thankfully there’s more Paths of Gaeda.

#12 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

You flatter me, sir! :)  I look forward to posting the rest of the sessions for you!

#13 CorkyKneivel

CorkyKneivel

Toad

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I’m currently going back for a 2nd listen on these episodes. Because I think they deserve the attention I plan on commenting on my favorite episodes. I’d be interested in discussing with others the aspects I find beneficial to my own gaming, both as GM and player, as well as just fanboying. Not sure if Monkeyboy, or any others, would be up for discussion?

#14 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Just a heads up! I've completed a big stage on my current project, so this weekend I get to free up some time to post more episodes!  Should upload tomorrow, hit the site sometime next week.

#15 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Oh am I looking forward to that.  Thanks so much for your work!

#16 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

Session 34 was uploaded over the weekend and should hopefully show up here sometime in the next couple of days.

#17 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,095 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

It shall :) I need to get my laptop out and do some releases :)

#18 wolfsnap

wolfsnap

Stirge

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hal-

Any chance of getting episode 34 up soon?

#19 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hal-

Any chance of getting episode 34 up soon?

Hopefully not between Buckley's or none.

#20 eformo

eformo

Ghoul

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationWaco

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Still hoping I get a Christmas present.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge