#1 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

So I only found this place earlier this year and I was worried that after getting hooked on some of the podcasts that I found the site too late. Good to know it isn't dead and I was overjoyed to see the plethora of new audio that showed up. I've played a few RPGs here and there (Pathfinder, D&D 2 and 3rd, In Nomine, Rifts, homebrews, others) in various formats (MUSHes, online tabletop, plain ol' tabletop and even a LARP) but my current schedule makes joining or finding a game a bit difficult so listening to the games is an ok fix for my RP needs. Nice new layout and now I shall return to the shadows to peruse the forums and listen in on your living of lives more interesting.

Hrm, that sounded a bit creepy. Oh well. :D

#2 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:02 PM

Welcome welcome - we were not dead. We were merely in the cocoon becoming something more awesome :)

We are back up standard running now so audio should start coming thick and fast... :)

I love it when lurkers decloak :P

Hal :hal:

#3 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hello and welcome!

So I only found this place earlier this year and I was worried that after getting hooked on some of the podcasts that I found the site too late. Good to know it isn't dead and I was overjoyed to see the plethora of new audio that showed up. I've played a few RPGs here and there (Pathfinder, D&D 2 and 3rd, In Nomine, Rifts, homebrews, others) in various formats (MUSHes, online tabletop, plain ol' tabletop and even a LARP) but my current schedule makes joining or finding a game a bit difficult so listening to the games is an ok fix for my RP needs. Nice new layout and now I shall return to the shadows to peruse the forums and listen in on your living of lives more interesting.

Hrm, that sounded a bit creepy. Oh well. :D

Sorry to sound ignorant but what's a MUSH?

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

Hello and welcome!

Sorry to sound ignorant but what's a MUSH?

Multi-User Shared Halpin, possibly.

#5 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

I used to play MUDs and MUSHs way back when :)

Before all the idiots invaded the internet... (waves stick)

#6 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Did you play Temple of Apshai?

#7 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,091 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

No - I played proper nerdy stuff. There was a homegrown MUD out of Oxford, UK called Island that was awesome. Then there was a Dune MUSH I played and the Nanvaent MUD (which I believe might still be running even now)

#8 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

So, while I am away from the shadowy depths of lurkdom, do people look for players on any of the forums here? For the off chanceI have free time.

#9 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hello new person who is a user but chooses to still self-identify as a lurker!

do people look for players on any of the forums here?

Actually we used to do just that. Had a whole thread and everything devoted to contact info for people who were interested in volunteering for games or sometimes a discussion in a thread would just lead to people committing to a game. We should start that up again. Someone who contributes useful things to the site, get on that.

#10 Polarus

Polarus

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

Well, I have been a member of this site for over 4 years and I think this may be my first post. Been listening to these guys' adventures for years. I used to listen to them while I did my books at my GameStore I used to own ^^. Talk about recursive nerding. I was super stoked to see the site get an update instead of a shelving. Way to go Hal!

#11 Polarus

Polarus

Toad

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

Also, I played the bets mud of them all: DragonRealms, when it was stuffed with thousands of players. Imagine an amazing MMO where everyone stays in character and roleplays, and the graphics are only limited by your imagination. That MUD destroyed me for video games, never been happy with one since.

#12 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

Ghoul

• Patrons
  • 921 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Multi-User Shared Halpin, possibly.

Ah!  With you, sort of like a MUD.  I played a Middle Earth MUD called Two Towers for a while.  I think it was this one.  I played a hobbit burglar who kept getting stuck in tavern cellars....  Loads of fun!  If I have more time I will go back to it some day.  @Polarus is correct, the graphics are the best bit!  All the other players were so helpful to a bungling noob such as myself...

#13 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Congrats on your first two posts, Polaris! Good job! Now spam the ever-monkey-loving-crap out of this place like the rest of us!

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

Congrats on your first two posts, Polaris! Good job! Now spam the ever-monkey-loving-crap out of this place like the rest of us!

_evilMonkey__by_MenInASuitcase.gif That's racist! Not all monkeys love crap!

...Some prefer to keep the relationship casual.

#15 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Nice to see lurkers coming out in the open.

#16 Aethyr

Aethyr

Frog

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think the site redesign was all a ploy to get some of us lurkers out in the open. Yep. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge