18 replies to this topic

#1 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

fandible_websiteheader_templogo_3.png

One of the very best campaigns on one of the very best tabletop RPG Actual Play podcasting websites - fandible.com - has recently been expanded with another shiny new episode of audio goodness.

http://www.fandible....es-part-1-of-2/

Debauched nobles!

Crazy brilliant scientists!

Lovable undead monstrosities!

Unhallowed Metropolis has it all!

*Grabs you by the lapels* Download it! NOW!

#2 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

What was that link again? I think I missed it.

#3 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

@Pencil-Monkey , are you the official fandible PR team?

#4 Kolobos

Kolobos

RPGMP3 Patron

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

They made him the Official Fandible Fan of the Month... Forever.

#5 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Pish-tosh! You're making a Fandimountain out of a Fandimole hill, here.

Fandible.com

Do you really Fandithink the FandiFandible people are paying a token reward every Fanditime someone advertises their site?

Fandible.com

Hah! That's Fandownright riFandiculous. *Ahem* 3327b7f6b45a33781e80dce4e4461510-d4ipx9c

Fandible.com

Fandible.com

Fandible.com

Fandible.com

Fandible.com

#6 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

I still can't figure out this link. Why won't you tell me where to go!?

#7 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

I think he wants you to go to mandible.com  

It's probably one of those internet mastication sites I hear of.

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

2zpujdi.jpg

#9 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

the-viking-of-disapproval-looks-in-your-

Don't make me roll out the User Guidelines here...  :mellow:

Hal :hal:

#10 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Huh? This is a thread to alert people to some high-quality Actual Play RPG podcasts they might not otherwise have heard about. What's illegal in that?

Lessee here, User Guidelines... http://www.rpgmp3.co...tion=boardrules

Mumble mumble... Maybe this bit:

"Blantant [sic] company advertising posts will be deleted without warning. You are free to discuss your products, but please do not just post ads. If you are interested in advertising, send me and email or private message to disucss your needs and the options we have."

Fandible is not a company, it's completely based on free labor and the mp3 downloads are gratis.

Also, what about the NewsBot threads? Aren't all those companies getting free advertising? Shouldn't the NewsBot be getting a metric buttload of warning points?

...Oookay, that vein in Hal's forehead is throbbing in a foreboding kinda way, let's move on:

"Shameless self promotion of personal projects or anything to the detriment of the site or the forums will not be tolerated. A warning will be issued and if not adhered to all posts will be deleted without warning and the user may risk a full IP ban. Self promotion includes the pointless bouncing of threads, the use of the site as a springboard for projects without contribution to the site community and interrupting the "flow" of the site in general."

See, I'm plugging Fandible because their audio is excellent and well worth people's time, not because of any personal involvement in their projects (don't have any, beyond the average levels of fandom-fueled gibbering).

They make Actual Play tabletop RPG podcasts, and since this is website dedicated to Actual Play tabletop RPG podcasts, it can't get much more topical and forum appropriate.

As for "pointless bouncing of threads", please note that there aren't any *bump* posts, devoid of purpose or meaning in this thread - it just so happens that the purpose of most (heck, all) of the posts in this thread was pure, unadulterated juveline dickishness. :-P Fandible really aren't paying anyone to plug their site, I'm doing it because they're great and deserve a wider audience.

Apologies if it's a problem - I'll totally stop plugging Fandible from now on.

...Well, almost totally stop. ;-)

#11 Lindsay

Lindsay

Site Hottie

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Dude, don't make me find out where the spank member button is..  :ph34r:

I have no idea what the site is, I'm far too lazy, sore, drugged up & grumpy post surgery to look but just skimming this thread it DOES look like you might have got a LITTLE carried away.. BUT, as long as you are posting about RPGMP3.com as much (and obviously, Violet Peacock too ;)  ), with appropriate links and totally NOT quoting back the user GUIDELINES at my husband (you know, the site owner; because that would just be, you know, kinda rude and a bit like picking a fight  :unsure: ) then we can probably still be friends  :)

Lindsay

The OTHER site owner.. you know, the one that isnt as nice, or fair as @Hal  ;) and is ITCHING to figure out what moderating powers I have on this new site.. :wub:

PS.. Also, why are you even LOOKING on other websites.. traitor..

#12 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hey,

@Pencil-Monkey no one here is upset about the odd link to another site. It is going to happen. It's the internet. We have been here for almost 10 years, we have seen other AP sites come and go. We have almost 900 audios for all kinds of systems and are growing week on week. We have a strong community forum that is starting to pick up again and a fantastic core of Patrons who we couldn't live without.

It becomes a little concerning when you find it necessary to post on numerous threads with links to another site shortly after we relaunch this one. As a site moderator, I am not overly bothered. Personally, I am quite upset that you would be so disrespectful to the work that has gone into this place and getting it to where it is now but that isn't anything that should reflect on this.

We have tried very hard over the years to be somewhere where gamers can come, listen to games and have a good conversation about anything without any real strong moderation and that is going to continue as far as I am concerned. If we choose to point out that you are being excessive, I would hope that you would be respectful enough to deal with that observation in a mature fashion. If this was RPGnet you would have been IP banned by now and all you posts would have been removed.

The one thing that really upset me about this is that after pushing and pushing I posted a tongue in cheek response about the User Guidelines (including the Viking of Disapproval); you chose to argue and then heaed over to the Comments section on Fandible and post how great it was that you had made us upset.

We aren't upset. No one is upset. We are worried about you. You have always been a great supporter of the site and a brilliant and funny contributor. You have produced some great art and animations for the site. We just hope you are OK as you don't really seem to be acting like yourself of late.

I have listened to some of the Fandible audios and they are pretty good. It's great that people are contributing to the hobby.

Now, lets just carry on and get to talking about games OK?

#13 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

The fandible audio does sound good, and I've downloaded a few now.   I must admit my first thought when I saw the starter post with the logo in triplicate I thought we had a spam bot, until I read it and realised you where just bigging them up.

#14 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

Wow, looks like I need to recalibrate my internal douchebag-o-meter. :(

It was never my intention to upset anyone, least of all @Hal - clearly I need to buff up on skills like Tact, and Perform: Act Like A Human Being.
Jésus (who often acts as GM and site-wrangler over at Fandible) found out about my misbehaving and sent a very stern email, as well.

Terribly sorry, many apologies, it won't happen again. I'm an [insert expletive] and a [worse expletive], but will try to curb these impulses in future. Sorry.
Please don't let any ill will that you have towards me carry over to the Fandible people, they are completely innocent of any wrongdoings, they had nothing to do with it and were very disappointed with this whole sad affair.

It becomes a little concerning when you find it necessary to post on numerous threads with links to another site shortly after we relaunch this one.

Actually, I was posting tons of links to them even before the site got reboo- *AAH not the spleen, please not the knAARGH oh gawd, sorry Mr. Jésus, stick to the topic, you got it aahhh*
Rest assured, it definitely won't happen again. :(

On the plus side, all this havoc lured Jésus over to join the site.
Hi, @Arvandus :-) *Waves* With fans like me, who needs enemies? ;-)

Seriously, though.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.

sorry.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif

tumblr_mk0rvxApVU1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

tumblr_mag0n59MGi1qei4dio1_500.gif

sorry.gif

tumblr_m28rqz87BV1qihztbo1_500.gif

#15 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

ok, we are all sorry, even though we all don't need to apologize and we love both rpgmp3 & fandible and welcome @Arvandus nice to see you around.

:)

#16 Arvandus

Arvandus

Toad

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

I am glad this was resolved with no issues. And since I am a member now, I might as well transition from lurker to someone who posts....eventually... Thanks for the welcome guys.

#17 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

GROUP HUG!

#18 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

And then  in true sitcom fashion this is where I'd burst through the door all Kramer style and go

"Hey guys, have you heard about Fandible.com?"

But I WON'T do that. That was just an example. Hi Arvandus!

#19 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Yeah, I've heard about that site.  I hear they actually record and listen to other people playing RPGs.  Sounds like a bunch of geeks. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unhallowed, metropolis, podcast, actual play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge