2 replies to this topic

#1 kendoyle659

kendoyle659

RPGMP3 Patron

• Patrons
  • 447 posts
  • LocationYork

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this? My group played through the Beginner's Set last night with a first time GM running it and we were unfamiliar with the rules.

I think that the system works pretty well. It took a little bit of time to get used to the dice mechanic but it clicked pretty darned quickly. I like the advantage/disadvantage mechanic. The pregen characters that were there were there were all interesting and it was good how they were all inter related. 

Everyone enjoyed the game. It was interesting in the post game discussion where there were bits that we missed but our course of action seemed completely reasonable and it was a bit --- They thought we would do THAT???

Anyway. It has a thumbs up from me.

#2 ThistledownJohn

ThistledownJohn

Ghoul

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationBonne Terre, MO USA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this?

Our group has played EotE a few times now, and the general thought is that the system takes a bit of effort to learn.  Once learned though, it is excellent! It really captures the high-adventure feel of the movies.

#3 WerewolfPaladin

WerewolfPaladin

Stirge

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA, or some place like it

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

I like the system a lot. Getting ready to run a group based around a bounty hunter and support crew. Yes, I lifted the idea from Star Wars: The Old Republic for those that are familiar with that game. It took the group a bit to get used to the rolling when we went through the beginner box, but once it clicked, they were coming up with actions to try and the dice made it easy to interpret how well they were doing. For example, during the battle with the Tie Fighters, the player playing the droid asked if there was a way he could adjust things to boost the gun's power. So I had him roll Mechanics. Success, but he also had threat left over on the roll, so I gave the gunners a boost die to their next attack rolls but the ship suffered strain in the process. It definitely requires some improv to handle the threat and advantage, but it does seem to capture Star Wars the best of any of the systems I've seen.

Looking forward to the new Age of Rebellion stuff that was just announced. Plan on picking up the beta just to have the extra material for my Edge game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: star wars, beginner set

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge