9 replies to this topic

#1 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Huzzah for introduction posts!

My name's Telemergion but feel free to call me Tom or Tele or Oddric as I'll answer to any of them. I have been a member of the forums here for... 5 years or so? I came seeking DnD4E actual play podcasts and was immediately hooked.

Inspired by the audio here and a lack of active games I became my group's usual GM and have run all kinds of systems including 4E, Pathfinder, MnM, Warhammer Fantasy and Dark Heresy, HeroQuest, almost Rolemaster, Ninja Burger, and I'm sure several others. I play all sorts of videogames as well except for RTSes. My lovely wife-to-be-in-less-than-two-months (holy crap that's close) is also getting me into that money-sink known as Magic: the Gathering.

It's thanks largely to this site that to this day my friends and I try to gather on a weekly basis and I owe it, Hal, and the rest of the amazing persons here a lot. Thank you.

When I'm not being sappy and emotional I'm often found making irreverant replies to any thread I feel I can contribute to - as so many of us here do. I have started a blog detailing various aspects of my gaming hobbies and as much as I'd like to do more for now that will likely remain my only contribution to the content of the site.

Anyways, you will see me around. And expect I will say random things that are only funny to me. Barely.

Cheers!

#2 Kolobos

Kolobos

RPGMP3 Patron

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Irreverence... A sadly underrated skill!

Also, hello!

#3 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

No worries, man; we're ALL only funny to ourselves here. ;) :P

Nice to officially meet you. Looking forward to many more years of acquaintance. :D

#4 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hello, Mr. Gustavson.

mr-smith-lolololol-o.gif

We've been expecting you.

#5 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I wasn't fishing for those in any way at all. :P

#6 Vornrapon423

Vornrapon423

Toad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Newbie report it. Enable Signature with it

#7 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Sentence fragment. Unclear pronoun. What do you want from me?!

#8 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

I have started a blog detailing various aspects of my gaming hobbies and as much as I'd like to do more for now that will likely remain my only contribution to the content of the site.

This blog is back! I know, I'm sorry. I cannot begin to atone for leaving this fallow for all this time. I'm sure all of you spent long, achingly painful nights wishing for some kind of update. I'll bet you thirsted for it. If you didn't and are now creeped out by this whole thing, well, I'm not actually sorry for that at all. WELCOME TO THE BLOG!

Good to see some more blog activity, at long last. :) Also, you made several interesting posts in Why Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition makes me Sad, which might be worth debating further over in the 5E vs. Pathfinder comparison thread - unless everyone migrates to your blog post, of course. ;)

#9 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

Having started a new job which will certainly alter my opportunities to play real-life games with friends, I was looking for an outlet that would let me still roleplay but at a much slower pace and one that I could do on my own time, i small chunks if necessary. Wondering what I would do I was reminded of one of the first online communities I ever joined. It was the year 2000 or '01 and my friends and I discovered an organized group that was writing Star Trek fanfiction and roleplaying at the same time. That group was called Bravofleet.

It was with no small amount of surprise that, when I looked it up, I found that Bravofleet was still going! Fifteen years later there is still an active and, by all appearances, thriving group of people still exploring the Star Trek universe together. They've been playing so long the simm has an internal timeline which has advenced well past any of the TV shows and is nearing the technically-not-but-kinda-sorta cannon of the Star Trek Online videogame which was set a decade in the future past anything seen on television.

Read more...

Hmm, haven't ever actually played in a Star Trek RPG. Might be worth a try. :)

#10 Telemergion

Telemergion

Lantern Archon

• Members
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

Unfortunately right after I posted that the game kind of bogged down as we're all waiting for the CO to post things and it doesn't seem to be happening. But in theory it should be a lot of fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge