7 replies to this topic

#1 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

(This is a repost into its own thread, rather than as a reply to Hal's introduction)

I'm Jeff Okamoto, the GM and site admin for the Gaming Grunts.  I got back into gaming after listening to YSDC and RPGMP3 and started recording sessions which are published on our site.  We've been up for just over 5 years now.

My favorite gaming world is Glorantha, mostly because I got to play in Sandy Petersen's group when he was working for Chaosium. I've played in Glorantha using RuneQuest II, RuneQuest 3, and recently GM'ed using HeroQuest 2. Although the Gaming Grunts started out playing Call of Cthulhu, as you can tell from our site, we've branched out into a number of different systems.  We'll shortly be releasing a Deadlands Reloaded campaign.

#2 Lockhart

Lockhart

Yorkton Gamer & RPGMP3 Professional

• Administrators
  • 1,238 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationRegina, SK, Canada

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

A hearty welcome to the new site to you sir. I admit, while I haven't taken the opportunity to listen, the variety of games presented by the gaming grunts has intrigued me, and they are certainly something in the back of my mind to check out and listen too one day. Likely before I ever attempt to run something Lovecraftian, or Deadlands, to see how others have played with them.

#3 Hal

Hal

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,097 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yay! Hello :)

I meant to break off the other one into it;s own thread but got distracted...Squirrel!

Welcome welcome - nice to see some of the regular names putting up an intro :)

Hal :hal:

#4 Thing

Thing

a Bad Man

• Administrators
  • 12,601 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA, USA

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hi @PrestoJeff,

good to see you around

#5 BigJackBrass

BigJackBrass

Whartson Hall Gamer

• Administrators
  • 4,601 posts
  • Amazon Wishlist
  • LocationStalybridge

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Glad to see you're still with us. I listened through your HeroQuest sessions a few months ago (it's a system I'm determined to get my head around, but somehow it hasn't quite "clicked" for me so far  :wacko: ).

#6 PrestoJeff

PrestoJeff

Stirge

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley, California

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Thanks, @BigJackBrass.  I found the system a bit head-spinning at first, but it grew on me as we played, and I like it a lot.  I think it's a lot easier for my players to understand than, say, RuneQuest 6.

I put together a web form to let me compare two skill levels against each other. It's at http://www.seiyuu.com/okamoto/hq2/ and the source code is at https://github.com/j...moto/heroquest2 .

#7 Pencil-Monkey

Pencil-Monkey

Kyton

• Site Artist
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

I listened through your HeroQuest sessions [...] somehow it hasn't quite "clicked" for me so far  :wacko:

Take two of these, and call again tomorrow.

Heroclix%20logo.jpg

#8 alaricus

alaricus

Kobold

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hey there Jeff! Big fan; I've been following you guys since you were still early into Day of the Beast. :) Glad to hear you doing something else!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Gravityscan Badge